Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

What service do you use to keep a log of all the flights you've taken?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What service do you use to keep a log of all the flights you've taken?

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2017, 3:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by johnnywho
I have the same issue... just weird.
Another thing: I need to log in everytime I use it. No option to stay logged in. Annoying.
Old May 19, 2017, 6:43 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
I just got an email telling me about the change - I like it! Mainly because they've added ANE as an airport - I think I requested that last July...
Old May 19, 2017, 9:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Not a fan of the new layout. On the old version, the map sized itself so that I could see the whole thing automatically. On the new version, it is oddly offset for some reason.

Also I could fit much more on the screen with the old version, now the map takes up the entire browser window (on my laptop at least) and I need to scroll down to see anything else.

Old
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7my62w38fn...image.png?dl=0

vs

New
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jmm1jqoa11fkang/fr24.JPG?dl=0
Old May 19, 2017, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by florens
Another thing: I need to log in everytime I use it. No option to stay logged in. Annoying.
I just click "login" and it's done - no entry of info needed. Unusual.
Old May 19, 2017, 10:22 am

Just got the email this morning and couldn't wait to sign in. I like the new stuff although it has some UI glitches and I need time to get use to the new UI. But overall it is a great improvement:
Pros:
1) The map is much bigger now. I really don't like the old small window.
2) Show top airlines in two ways: by distances and by flights. In the past, you cannot order them.
3) Aircrafts by distances! Brand new.
4) Top countries. Brand new.
Cons:
1) Some UI glitches. Some data are missing from the charts.
2) Some texts are not aligned.
3) You cannot see the full list of each data category. You can only see top XX. It is terrible.

Neutral:
The new UI.

After all, I am happy to see two of my most favorites sites are together.
Old May 19, 2017, 10:30 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
Originally Posted by bswiz
Not a fan of the new layout. On the old version, the map sized itself so that I could see the whole thing automatically. On the new version, it is oddly offset for some reason.

Also I could fit much more on the screen with the old version, now the map takes up the entire browser window (on my laptop at least) and I need to scroll down to see anything else.

Old
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7my62w38fn...image.png?dl=0

vs

New
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jmm1jqoa11fkang/fr24.JPG?dl=0

Interesting. Shows the world for me.
Attached Images  
Old May 19, 2017, 11:06 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by John Wang
3) Aircrafts by distances! Brand new.
Love this!
Old May 19, 2017, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by mendy7511
Must be something on this laptop. I just logged in on a different PC and it's better, but still no sized to see everything. For example, flights to Australia go from LAX and just end mid-ocean.
Old May 19, 2017, 1:07 pm
Used to be 'Scooter'

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by bswiz
Must be something on this laptop. I just logged in on a different PC and it's better, but still no sized to see everything. For example, flights to Australia go from LAX and just end mid-ocean.
It appears that your screen resolution is too small to fit everything in the window. Why they didn't make the page responsive is kind of odd. I'm curious to see what this looks like on my phone (I haven't tried yet).
Old May 19, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
I like the update! The only thing I am not as big a fan of is that you cannot use your mouse's wheel to zoom in/out when hovering over the map.
Old May 20, 2017, 7:19 am

I quite like the new UI, it's nice being able to expand and collapse the various graphs without having to leave the page. The new visualisation of data is excellent - particularly countries and routes - and the full-screen map is a big improvement in comparison to the previous one.

There are a few issues with overlapping and misaligned text, but hopefully this will all come out in the wash. My other gripe is that they still haven't added Hinterstoisser/Zeltweg (LOXZ) but this is probably because the airport doesn't have a three-character IATA code.

Overall I think it's an improvement. Not a massive one, but an improvement nonetheless.

My FlightRadar24
Old May 20, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mendy7511
Yours is poor too, just not as poor. Certainly doesn't show the whole world. Australia, Africa and South America are all cut off! Mine looks similar and if I click "-" a single time to expand it, it then shows everywhere from New Zealand to Florida twice! It was almost perfect originally and they've made it significantly worse.

All the new data is great. All they need to do is get rid of the horrible, hard to read, white-on-pastel design. (Just using black text would be a massive improvement.)

Originally Posted by Burnsie
Doesn't work. They've wrecked that functionality. Instead of showing the graph, it says "Sorry, this profile is private".
Old May 20, 2017, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by Kremmen
Yours is poor too, just not as poor. Certainly doesn't show the whole world. Australia, Africa and South America are all cut off! Mine looks similar and if I click "-" a single time to expand it, it then shows everywhere from New Zealand to Florida twice! It was almost perfect originally and they've made it significantly worse.
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so! I have no problem with a larger map but this new one just doesn't seem to scale properly by default. On the old site it would correctly size itself to show all of my flights. New one definitely doesn't. I can try to manually make it all fit but then as you point out, you sometimes get to where you see certain part of the world duplicated.
Old May 20, 2017, 7:31 pm

Programs: TK Gold
Originally Posted by The Wolf
I agree the 'big things' have not happened, though for me nothing needs to be changed apart from the support to add airports / equipment.
FD still has the best layout around if you ask me.
ALL DATA LOST! previously linked to facebook and when i log in via facebook, it's all gone. Whilst I remember my username, it disallows my login. Utterly stupid
Old May 20, 2017, 9:08 pm
Used to be 'Scooter'

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by tobiashenry
ALL DATA LOST! previously linked to facebook and when i log in via facebook, it's all gone. Whilst I remember my username, it disallows my login. Utterly stupid
Ouch! Very sorry about that - I can't even begin to count the hours I've spent inputting all my flights over the years, so I definitely feel your pain. Regular backups are important!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.