Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

What service do you use to keep a log of all the flights you've taken?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What service do you use to keep a log of all the flights you've taken?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2023, 4:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
www.myflightpath.club has a really good calendar feature as well as all the normal charts and tables. Data can easily be transferred in from other databases, too.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
I use Microsoft Word to keep track of my flights.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 9:19 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by TedToToe
www.myflightpath.club has a really good calendar feature as well as all the normal charts and tables. Data can easily be transferred in from other databases, too.
+1.

I use myflightpath, uploading flights 1 year at a time. Tedious but worth it.
Old Apr 19, 2023, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA, AA Plat Pro, DL, Marriott Platinum
I still miss jetitup.com
Old May 26, 2023, 6:33 am

I recently started using my.flightradar24.com. Quite happy with that so far!
Old May 26, 2023, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EngineerS
I recently started using my.flightradar24.com. Quite happy with that so far!
I've been using it for a while. Somehow, the login process has become really convoluted. I wish my login would just persist longer - I'm not seeing that it's a big security threat to just keep me logged in for a few weeks.
Old May 27, 2023, 9:06 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
I don't use any apps to track flights and I don't have any reason to track them. I've been using Excel spreadsheets to plan my trips. They include flights, lodging, daily activities, costs, plus other information. I have my old trip spreadsheets going back 29 years.

I've been staying at the same B&B in London for a long time. I went through my old trip spreadsheets and found I've been staying there for 16 years. This year will be #17.

My spreadsheets have evolved. I now have tabs for Itinerary, Things to Pack, and Things to Do.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by josephstern
I've been using it for a while. Somehow, the login process has become really convoluted. I wish my login would just persist longer - I'm not seeing that it's a big security threat to just keep me logged in for a few weeks.
This just gets worse and worse. At the moment, I cannot log in at all. It's become basically impossible on my phone no matter the browser, but it was once decent on my laptop.

At the moment, anyway, I can't get my laptop to log in either.

Is anyone but me using this these days? I really do like it.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 10:43 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
This just gets worse and worse. At the moment, I cannot log in at all. It's become basically impossible on my phone no matter the browser, but it was once decent on my laptop.

(FR24)

I also use this and am mostly satisfied with it (I am not convinced the "update details automatically" feature has ever worked) and have also noticed occasional login problems -- it seems to get stuck in an infinite redirect loop. In these cases I try logging in to FR24 itself (without the "my." prefix) first, then go to the "my" page and something like this seems to help. Try also clearing your cookies for both domains if you haven't already.
​​​​​​
​​​​​​This only happens rarely however -- most of the time that it seems to want a login, simply tapping on the "myFlightRadar24" logo in the upper left is enough to... sync up or "wake up" the login again (I think they're doing some kind of SSO between the two sites)
josephstern likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2023, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zorak
(FR24)

I also use this and am mostly satisfied with it (I am not convinced the "update details automatically" feature has ever worked) and have also noticed occasional login problems -- it seems to get stuck in an infinite redirect loop. In these cases I try logging in to FR24 itself (without the "my." prefix) first, then go to the "my" page and something like this seems to help. Try also clearing your cookies for both domains if you haven't already.
​​​​​​
​​​​​​This only happens rarely however -- most of the time that it seems to want a login, simply tapping on the "myFlightRadar24" logo in the upper left is enough to... sync up or "wake up" the login again (I think they're doing some kind of SSO between the two sites)
Right - I've been going to the regular site and logging in there sometimes and that does seem to help. On my phone, of course, going to the regular site frequently just forces open the app.

But clearing my cookies did finally get me in here.

Unfortunately, these problems and their trajectory imply that this site is coasting and is no longer supported.
Old Sep 2, 2023, 7:11 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Spirit Gold, IHG, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Gentleman Adventurer
I am in the middle of a 14-day demo of App in the Air for iOS. It's okay. It has a social function as well where you can compete on a leaderboard against your friends in terms of how many km / hr were flown year to date. I am in first place so far among my 7 friends on the app...

Adding flights is not too hard in manual mode. They also allow you to connect it to your Google account so it can detect flight reservations from your gmail / calendar, though I am not too sure how I feel about that...
I've been using App in the Air (Android) for a few years now, I like it.. there has been a couple of times it alerted me to things before everyone else seemed to know about it, so that helped a lot. It also syncs to my watch which is nice to be able to look at my watch and see how much time is left until the next event. (Check-in, boarding, takeoff and landing) A lot of times it even knows the luggage carousel before it's announced.
I don't use the auto connect to email part, (for picking flight itineraries from my email) but it seems intriguing. Maybe if I used gmail I might.
Overall, a good solid app, it tells me about / stores the info I want and there are still more functions that I could do with it in the future if I wanted to.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL,UA,AA,F9,NK,B6

Been using them for years and never had a single technical problem. I do like this service too. It's not ideal but is closest to what I need from such a service than anything else I had tried except the spreadsheet.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott
Any chance someone that does their tracking via spreadsheet could share a template for someone who is looking to start using a spreadsheet to track travel?
Old Apr 4, 2024, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Ok, nearly 40+ years after taking my first flight I am finally thinking I might want to create some sort of database based on whatever historic data I have from emails/pdfs of travel bookings.

If starting from scratch, what tool would you use? I tend to lean towards open source solutions with documented data models and/or code base to maintain some level of control over access to my data. Not sure that there is much (I have briefly looked at openflights.org, but the home page seems to be 50% ads and the code on github is a self-described "unholy mess".

Is there a tool that lets me maintain my data in Excel (or rather, Google Sheets) and then upload for visualization purposes?
Old Apr 4, 2024, 1:14 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Is there a tool that lets me maintain my data in Excel (or rather, Google Sheets) and then upload for visualization purposes?
my.FlightRadar24.com has functions to export and import CSV files.
notquiteaff likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.