ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search Consolidated Information and Help Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 4, 2014, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
ITA Matrix Search: http://matrix.itasoftware.com

You can sometimes see flights, fares and detailed fare rules that may not be reflected on an airline's website. Please read the thread for some tips and tricks, screen shots, etc.

A related thread, ITA-Matrix-PowerTools - Userscript for Orbitz/DL/UA/AA/BA/CZ/IB/LA/LH/LX/TK, discusses a user script which is maintained by fellow flyertalk members to enhance the already powerful Matrix of ITA Software by providing new features and booking links.

Additional details and tips on the use of ITA's advanced routing code feature can be found in the following long-standing Mileage Run Discussion threads:

Print Wikipost

ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search Consolidated Information and Help Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2018, 3:06 pm

Lots of different fares, e.g. NYC-FRA, lots of good fares on AA, nothing on ITA, and neither on Google Flights.

Just saw that there is a similar issue with flights to SE Asia, say, ex YYZ.

Seems like ITA isn't capturing all of the AA routes and fares.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyercity
Lots of different fares, e.g. NYC-FRA, lots of good fares on AA, nothing on ITA, and neither on Google Flights.

Just saw that there is a similar issue with flights to SE Asia, say, ex YYZ.

Seems like ITA isn't capturing all of the AA routes and fares.
An air carrier can restrict certain fares to be sold only by selected agents, including just itself. ITA only shows public fares.

CX does this a lot.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 8:01 am
Company Representative - ITA Software

Even if matrix does not match the carrier website (because, as Calchas said, we only show public fares there), Google Flights should. If you can PM me particular examples I will look into them.
Calchas likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 6:00 pm

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
I've been researching RIX-IST-LAX/JFK-IST-RIX on ITA matrix to take advantage of some nice TK business class fares (also CAI-IST-LAX/JFK-IST-CAI) and ITA matrix shows availability but when I go to book them on TK or any of the major on-line TAs, I go through the entire booking process and when I actually go to buy I get a message saying that the fare class is not available and the price jumps over $1000. Why is this happening? This is a huge waste of my time - trying to book something that I think is available but actually isn't. Is there a way to avoid this? I've spent hours trying to come up with a bookable itinerary. Arghhhhh
Old Apr 30, 2018, 6:22 am

Programs: FB Gold, SPG Plat
Anyone knows how to specify "Premium economy" using +CLASS faring option?
Old Apr 30, 2018, 9:55 am
Company Representative - ITA Software

+cabin premium-coach

should work. The name used by our internal debugging tool that happens to be exposed on matrix is a holdover from 2006...
Calchas and fuyao like this.
Old May 1, 2018, 5:47 pm

Wrong airline name shown for fuel surcharge

Has anyone noticed bug on ITA that displays the wrong carrier code on displaying the YQ/YR? Many examples..but a random airline is shown.. see here (EK YQ shown as 9w). This is just one examples, there are several and for all arilines.. I tested AF,KL,LX,EY,etc.

flv likes this.

Last edited by andydd; May 1, 2018 at 5:49 pm Reason: image shown as gibberish text!
Old May 1, 2018, 7:45 pm
flv

Originally Posted by andydd
Has anyone noticed bug on ITA that displays the wrong carrier code on displaying the YQ/YR? Many examples..but a random airline is shown.. see here (EK YQ shown as 9w). This is just one examples, there are several and for all arilines.. I tested AF,KL,LX,EY,etc.
Yes i noticed too.
It seems ita shows YQ of the cheapest flight in the matrix.

What script are you using that shows classe in that way?
Old May 2, 2018, 2:28 am

Did anyone also notice that is now impossible to make a search for multiple airports from different countries?
For exampleITA gave error for a search from mxp, cdg to jfk.

Hope is only a temporary bug.
ukflo likes this.
Old May 2, 2018, 2:35 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Yup, same problem here.
Old May 2, 2018, 5:58 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by STBCypriot
I've been researching RIX-IST-LAX/JFK-IST-RIX on ITA matrix to take advantage of some nice TK business class fares (also CAI-IST-LAX/JFK-IST-CAI) and ITA matrix shows availability but when I go to book them on TK or any of the major on-line TAs, I go through the entire booking process and when I actually go to buy I get a message saying that the fare class is not available and the price jumps over $1000. Why is this happening? This is a huge waste of my time - trying to book something that I think is available but actually isn't. Is there a way to avoid this? I've spent hours trying to come up with a bookable itinerary. Arghhhhh
Yeah, I had the same issue a couple of times...it will just not spit out the fare as found on ITA on any websites with the script. To me sounds like some phantom availability or delayed updated availability to the ITA? Would be nice if someone can explain why this is.

Cheers!
Old May 2, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Inxs74
Did anyone also notice that is now impossible to make a search for multiple airports from different countries?
For exampleITA gave error for a search from mxp, cdg to jfk.

Hope is only a temporary bug.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I got this in response to my query:

We no longer support searches that include multiple origin countries. Sorry for the reduction in functionality, and the bad error message.

Old May 2, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by STBCypriot
Is that using a multi-city query to try and isolate assumptions about cabin, etc?

How about calling the airline or using a good 1:1 TA?
Old May 2, 2018, 2:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by ukflo
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I got this in response to my query:

We no longer support searches that include multiple origin countries. Sorry for the reduction in functionality, and the bad error message.

This really is bad news as I regularly use this feature for my weekly commute between London and EU. As I’m located half way between FRA and BSL, I used this tool to get optimum prices ... I.e BSL-LHR-FRA etc ...
Old May 2, 2018, 2:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
What's the reason for removing that feature?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.