Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search Consolidated Information and Help Thread

ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search Consolidated Information and Help Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 7, 21, 2:51 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: TWA884
Wiki Link
ITA Matrix Search: http://matrix.itasoftware.com

You can sometimes see flights, fares and detailed fare rules that may not be reflected on an airline's website. Please read the thread for some tips and tricks, screen shots, etc.

A related thread, ITA-Matrix-PowerTools - Userscript for Orbitz/DL/UA/AA/BA/CZ/IB/LA/LH/LX/TK, discusses a user script which is maintained by fellow flyertalk members to enhance the already powerful Matrix of ITA Software by providing new features and booking links.

Additional details and tips on the use of ITA's advanced routing code feature can be found in the following long-standing Mileage Run Discussion threads:

Print Wikipost

Old Apr 19, 18, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Edit: Completely misread the question. Thought it was out in J, back in Y. I agree with Globaliser.

Last edited by Calchas; Apr 19, 18 at 8:58 am
Old Apr 21, 18, 11:36 am

Thank you both. I'll look further into it but I suspect you're both correct.
Old Apr 22, 18, 10:34 am

Are some AA fares not showing up or is it just me?

Seeing various good fares between East Coast and Europe on the AA site but not on ITA.
Old Apr 22, 18, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyercity View Post
Are some AA fares not showing up or is it just me?

Seeing various good fares between East Coast and Europe on the AA site but not on ITA.
Which fare in particular?
Old Apr 22, 18, 3:06 pm

Lots of different fares, e.g. NYC-FRA, lots of good fares on AA, nothing on ITA, and neither on Google Flights.

Just saw that there is a similar issue with flights to SE Asia, say, ex YYZ.

Seems like ITA isn't capturing all of the AA routes and fares.
Old Apr 22, 18, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyercity View Post
Lots of different fares, e.g. NYC-FRA, lots of good fares on AA, nothing on ITA, and neither on Google Flights.

Just saw that there is a similar issue with flights to SE Asia, say, ex YYZ.

Seems like ITA isn't capturing all of the AA routes and fares.
An air carrier can restrict certain fares to be sold only by selected agents, including just itself. ITA only shows public fares.

CX does this a lot.
Old Apr 23, 18, 8:01 am
Company Representative - ITA Software

Even if matrix does not match the carrier website (because, as Calchas said, we only show public fares there), Google Flights should. If you can PM me particular examples I will look into them.
Calchas likes this.
Old Apr 23, 18, 6:00 pm

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
I've been researching RIX-IST-LAX/JFK-IST-RIX on ITA matrix to take advantage of some nice TK business class fares (also CAI-IST-LAX/JFK-IST-CAI) and ITA matrix shows availability but when I go to book them on TK or any of the major on-line TAs, I go through the entire booking process and when I actually go to buy I get a message saying that the fare class is not available and the price jumps over $1000. Why is this happening? This is a huge waste of my time - trying to book something that I think is available but actually isn't. Is there a way to avoid this? I've spent hours trying to come up with a bookable itinerary. Arghhhhh
Old Apr 30, 18, 6:22 am

Programs: FB Gold, SPG Plat
Anyone knows how to specify "Premium economy" using +CLASS faring option?
Old Apr 30, 18, 9:55 am
Company Representative - ITA Software

+cabin premium-coach

should work. The name used by our internal debugging tool that happens to be exposed on matrix is a holdover from 2006...
Calchas and fuyao like this.
Old May 1, 18, 5:47 pm

Wrong airline name shown for fuel surcharge

Has anyone noticed bug on ITA that displays the wrong carrier code on displaying the YQ/YR? Many examples..but a random airline is shown.. see here (EK YQ shown as 9w). This is just one examples, there are several and for all arilines.. I tested AF,KL,LX,EY,etc.

flv likes this.

Last edited by andydd; May 1, 18 at 5:49 pm Reason: image shown as gibberish text!
Old May 1, 18, 7:45 pm
flv

Originally Posted by andydd View Post
Has anyone noticed bug on ITA that displays the wrong carrier code on displaying the YQ/YR? Many examples..but a random airline is shown.. see here (EK YQ shown as 9w). This is just one examples, there are several and for all arilines.. I tested AF,KL,LX,EY,etc.
Yes i noticed too.
It seems ita shows YQ of the cheapest flight in the matrix.

What script are you using that shows classe in that way?
Old May 2, 18, 2:28 am

Did anyone also notice that is now impossible to make a search for multiple airports from different countries?
For exampleITA gave error for a search from mxp, cdg to jfk.

Hope is only a temporary bug.
ukflo likes this.
Old May 2, 18, 2:35 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Yup, same problem here.
Old May 2, 18, 5:58 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by STBCypriot View Post
I've been researching RIX-IST-LAX/JFK-IST-RIX on ITA matrix to take advantage of some nice TK business class fares (also CAI-IST-LAX/JFK-IST-CAI) and ITA matrix shows availability but when I go to book them on TK or any of the major on-line TAs, I go through the entire booking process and when I actually go to buy I get a message saying that the fare class is not available and the price jumps over $1000. Why is this happening? This is a huge waste of my time - trying to book something that I think is available but actually isn't. Is there a way to avoid this? I've spent hours trying to come up with a bookable itinerary. Arghhhhh
Yeah, I had the same issue a couple of times...it will just not spit out the fare as found on ITA on any websites with the script. To me sounds like some phantom availability or delayed updated availability to the ITA? Would be nice if someone can explain why this is.

Cheers!

Search this Thread