Community
Wiki Posts
Search

iphone 6 discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2014, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Need
I have no idea, but I told my coworker who is on the Verizon mobile plan to see if he could do the same trick switching to the cheaper per device version for edge plan pricing. He couldn't do it.. Verizon would not lower the per device charge if your line is still under contract.
I got away with the same thing on 8 devices (one plan, 9 devices total, but one was an iPad, so no subsidy). But I thought the window for the loophole was just the first few weeks after the new plans were announced. How long ago did you switch?

Also, just to be clear, while the subsidy disappears, the lock window still exists.
Old Oct 16, 2014, 7:16 pm

Would the Verizon iPhone 6/6 Plus be compatible with Smartone in Hong Kong? Also, does Smartone use TD-LTE bands? If so, since Verizon's version doesn't include TD-LTE bands on the phones, how much of a difference would I notice?

Thanks!
Old Oct 17, 2014, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Apple Pay is coming Monday and I'm oddly excited.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, DL DIrt Medallion
Originally Posted by milepig
Apple Pay is coming Monday and I'm oddly excited.
Yay! You guys can finally start paying with your phones like we've been doing for years now.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 1:28 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, PC Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SRQ Guy
Yay! You guys can finally start paying with your phones like we've been doing for years now.
The use of Touch ID should make it less frictionless than Google Wallet/previous NFC methods
Old Oct 17, 2014, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, DL DIrt Medallion
Originally Posted by CatJo
...less frictionless...
More frictional?
Old Oct 17, 2014, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by SRQ Guy
More frictional?
LOL! More better Apple, less Lollipop-py?
Old Oct 17, 2014, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
The use of Touch ID should make it less frictionless than Google Wallet/previous NFC methods
Conversation with a friend yesterday:

Him: So Apple's new big thing is NFC payments? We've had that for years, except all the stores have their NFC POSes turned off.
Me: I'll bet you the cost of a new phone that within a month of Apple Pay going live, they'll all be turned on.

Old Oct 17, 2014, 3:45 pm

Programs: DL Kettle| HH Pot
Originally Posted by jackal
Conversation with a friend yesterday:

Him: So Apple's new big thing is NFC payments? We've had that for years, except all the stores have their NFC POSes turned off.
Me: I'll bet you the cost of a new phone that within a month of Apple Pay going live, they'll all be turned on.

This.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Who's the first?

My work iP6 showed up today, I upgraded to 8.1 and tried to load a card. Apparently my Fidelity-branded cash back cards through FIA are not supported.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 12:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by CPRich
Who's the first?

My work iP6 showed up today, I upgraded to 8.1 and tried to load a card. Apparently my Fidelity-branded cash back cards through FIA are not supported.
I just added my three main cards to Apple Pay yesterday: two Chase cards and one Amex. I have not had the opportunity to find a retailer who would accept them, though, and I'm headed overseas tomorrow, where I assume it will be even less easy to find one.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 4:08 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by jackal
I just added my three main cards to Apple Pay yesterday: two Chase cards and one Amex. I have not had the opportunity to find a retailer who would accept them, though, and I'm headed overseas tomorrow, where I assume it will be even less easy to find one.
Apple hasn't gotten all its ducks in order to offer Apple Pay even in Europe or China yet, but the Apple NFC payment feature does work overseas at places where NFC payments using a US credit card work regardless of Apple Pay being used or not. Can't say it goes for all places, but so far it definitely works for some transactions overseas.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 6:33 am

I added a couple of Amex and Chase cards (no go on the Ink or Barclay Arrival). Used it for a small purchase at Walgreens, couldn't have been easier - this really is super smooth and easy, hope more retailers get on board soon. I certainly think within a year we should have really broad acceptance as old terminals are replaced with new EMV/NFC terminals.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I know it's available with the app, but I really like that Amex pushes charge info right to your phone once the cards are in Apple Pay.

I've got a few Amex online accounts and I can't be logged in to all of them. This way, I get most of my info.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:39 am

Programs: DL Kettle| HH Pot
I added a couple of Amex and Chase cards (no go on the Ink or Barclay Arrival). Used it for a small purchase at Walgreens, couldn't have been easier - this really is super smooth and easy, hope more retailers get on board soon. I certainly think within a year we should have really broad acceptance as old terminals are replaced with new EMV/NFC terminals.
Same. Added a couple Amex cards and a BofA card. Used mine at Walgreens and it was smooth.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.