No more unlimited [int'l] BB data from VZW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more unlimited [int'l] BB data from VZW

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2011, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Apparently I got a letter today saying they're kicking me off my plan in August now. It's being scanned now so I can't read it fully yet but I'm pretty livid.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by BobbySteel
Apparently I got a letter today saying they're kicking me off my plan in August now. It's being scanned now so I can't read it fully yet but I'm pretty livid.
I got the same letter. They havent moved me off my plan yet. Im on my Aug cycle now.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 11:09 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold
You mean they are kicking you off the $30/250mb plan that they just put you on a few weeks ago??!!

Last edited by R U?; Jul 29, 2011 at 11:55 am
Old Jul 26, 2011, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by R U?
You mean they are kicking you off the $30/25mb plan that they just put you on a few weeks ago??!!
I refused to switch. I read the full letter today and their justification is that I used more than 50% off the home network in the past three months, which I think is actually not true. I need to go back and figure out today whether this is the case or not. Very unhappy with them over this obviously
Old Jul 26, 2011, 4:50 am

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5789292/vzw-letter.jpg

Here's the letter

Last edited by BobbySteel; Jul 26, 2011 at 4:57 am
Old Jul 27, 2011, 12:17 am

Got the same exact one. There was no previous letter for me.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by chanp
Got the same exact one. There was no previous letter for me.
Do you think you actually exceeded the 3 month quota thing? I suspect they're sending this out to everyone and seeing whether there's pushback.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 12:15 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold
I refused to switch. I read the full letter today and their justification is that I used more than 50% off the home network in the past three months, which I think is actually not true. I need to go back and figure out today whether this is the case or not. Very unhappy with them over this obviously
Welcome to the club. They forced me to switch in June. The plan itself is OK as 250 MB should be enough. What I am upset about is that I can no longer add/remove it when needed, as they told me I must stay permanently on this plan. Thats $360/year.

Considering scrapping it and getting local SIMs for our travels. Pain in the neck though to keep track of everything.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 3:57 pm

I received another letter this weekend stating that the previous letter I received was incorrect, and that when my contract ends I will not lose my global data plan (and be forced to replace it with the 25/75mb plan or whatever it is), but that I will be switched to the off-list 250mb plan with my "existing global footprint".

Previously I was told that if I didn't switch to the 250mb plan soon (by August or so) that it would no longer be offered and that once my contract expired I'd be stuck with the crappy 25/75mb plans that doesn't include Asia, etc.

Good news for those of us with a lot of time left on our contracts.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 5:26 pm

False alarm it seems. Spoke w/ a rep who confirmed I'm not being kicked off, but he made it clear that someone's watching me and waiting for me to slip up on the 3 month rule. Sigh.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 6:52 pm

How many stayed on 250mb global plan and what did they offer as in terms of cash and/or tablet? Were you off contract? Did they make you sign a new contract when/if you took credit and/or cash credit?

Thanks
Old Aug 29, 2011, 6:30 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
I moved to the 250mb plan. I didn't get the letter but thanks to the info here called and said I did, and they moved me right over. I did not have the unlimited plan on my account at that time, although I had used it in the past multiple times. I was not offered any cash or promo. 7 months left on contract, and no they did not make me resign.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 11:19 pm

Can someone post a copy of a letter offering money or a tablet? Or anyone willing to PM w their cell number of an account that got these extras?
Old Aug 30, 2011, 10:12 am

Pretty pissed. After being sworn to that they wouldn't change me off the unlimited plan after the previous letter, I got bumped to the 250 plan on Monday night. Not looking forward to calling and hassling with them over this, but if it comes down to it i'll sue them each month in small claims court for the difference between the overage and my old rate plan.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 10:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
I called to get an unlock code for my phone. They said they don't do that. I said they had in the past and no response. Then they told me the plans. Im now in airplane mode using WiFi. Instead of the old plan they get nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.