Reload this Page >

Costco Kirland Signature Executive luggage question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Costco Kirland Signature Executive luggage question

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2009, 9:57 pm

Programs: CO Platinum, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
Just bought one from Costco in HNL East. It's quite a nice piece of 22". I'll report back after I fly UA 747, NW DC9, WN 737 next week.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 3:52 pm

Not in my Costco!

Their luggage seems like a really good buy. Unfortunately the costco that I go to (Everett in the Boston area) doesn't seem to carry any of the larger pieces of their own collection. I think they had a couple of carryons and a large duffel. And nothing on their website
Old Dec 21, 2009, 2:11 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Does Costco make this in a 20" size?
as far as i know - they dont

HOWEVER, if my 22 is collapsed (or half-way expanded (depth)), it will fit on all the 'crafts ive carried it on this year.

and on the crafts where it will NOT fit (regional ERJs CRJs etc)... a 20" would not have fit anyway

so for me to have the extra 2" is only good w/ no trade offs
Old Dec 23, 2009, 12:47 pm

Anyone brought one of the new Costco 22" bags through a checkpoint where they were enforcing the bag sizer? Did it fit? Fit only with pockets not used?

I'm suddenly in the market for a new bag since one of the wheels on my old bag went away.

Thanks much.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by lupine

I'm suddenly in the market for a new bag since one of the wheels on my old bag went away.
Is it worth repairing it?
Old Dec 23, 2009, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by tfar
Is it worth repairing it?
No, the rod on which the wheels were mounted physically broke and spot welding is dicey with the surrounding plastic and fabric -- but after 10 years I don't have any complaints.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by oldpenny16
If it has to be a lengthwise load in, then the bag looses a lot of points with many people.

Bin Hog!

But some folks have said that it does load in the narrow way. Waiting for another report.

I gave up wheels a few years ago and would resent the weight.
I have 2 other generations of Kirkland 22" they all fit wheels out on all UA mainline planes. However, the latest model would not fit wheels in or out on the 320's I've flown this weekend. I'm going to take it back.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I have one of the models for a few years ago, and it will fit on all then normal planes, even stuffed, if I push it in hard enough to the bin.

For the person whose wheel broke, if it's a Kirkland, they'll still take it back. My wife had an old one (2001?) that bit the dust last year, and after reading this thread, took it back and got a new one with no problem.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
I have one of the models for a few years ago, and it will fit on all then normal planes, even stuffed, if I push it in hard enough to the bin.

For the person whose wheel broke, if it's a Kirkland, they'll still take it back. My wife had an old one (2001?) that bit the dust last year, and after reading this thread, took it back and got a new one with no problem.
It was, but I figure that 10 years of use is far more than I expected, so while I know they would absolutely take it back, I'll just happily pay for a new one.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by lupine
It was, but I figure that 10 years of use is far more than I expected, so while I know they would absolutely take it back, I'll just happily pay for a new one.
Can I have it, then?
Old Dec 24, 2009, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA, MR, HH, SPG
Awesome bag!

Costco in Almaden CA has this bag in stock!
Old Dec 25, 2009, 12:13 am

Programs: DL Silver (0.239 MM), DL SkyClub Life, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Got hooked up at Christmas with this bag and it seems awesome; can't wait to get it out on the road. For anyone in MSN, apparently there was only one left on the shelf after this one was grabbed up on the 24th, so I guess they're very much in demand.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA: 1P, SPG: PLT
Any other reports of overhead bins which fit/ don't fit this bag? There are still a few at local Costco's and I want to buy, but not until I know what it fits wheels in/out.

Reading the thread looks like it does not fit UA 320's, not seeing other comments on planes yet.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 3:47 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
I decided not to risk the sizing issue and picked up a 21" Briggs & Riley for myself and a 22" Travelpro 3 for my daughter. The Travelpro 3 was on sale for $135 and looked more than adequate for the light use she's going to give it. Still interested in the final outcome regarding sizing of the Costco luggage though, since my brother stills needs a carry-on.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 12:06 am

Programs: CO Platinum, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
So I took my newly acquired costco 22" on a United, Northwest and Southwest trip over the holidays.

United B747 - Fits wheels in
Northwest E175 - Does not fit wheels in or out. Has to put it in horizontally. This was to be expected because E175 has smaller bins.
Southwest B737 - Does not fit wheels in or out. Has to put it in horizontally.

Anyone has a report on how it fits in B757 and A320 on Northwest?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.