Costco Kirland Signature Executive luggage question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2007, 6:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver, HHonors Silver, United MileagePlus, Jet Blue TrueBlue

Do to lots of positive feedback on this site I went to my local Costco and purchased the rolling 26" suitcase and the 22" rolling carry on in BLUE. I also wanted to purchase the 19" weekender duffel bag but it was not in stock. I went online and saw ALL the bags in stock but no blue color...just black, red and taupe.

I called the Costco 800 number and they told me to check more local stores. I checked another store in my area and it did not carry the other pieces so I was wondering if anyone has seen in local stores the BLUE Signature luggage in styles besides the 22" and 26" rolling models?

My wife said if we cannot match the colors its going back. ;(

Thanks.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have both bags in the very nice common basic black. I just checked costco.com and black seems rare and blue dont seem to exist. Maybe try ebay.com The bags are the best luggage deal out there and what does luggage color really mean (but no pink please).

MisterNice
Old Oct 9, 2007, 8:46 am

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
Is it light blue? I seem to remember seeing that color at Costco here in Detroit, but it was probably awhile ago.

They seem to rotate their colors every so often. Black, ugly brown and red seemed to be what they had in stock last time I walked down that aisle. I have an olive green 22" - I have only seen one other person with the same bag.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 10:32 am
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Costco makes the best bags. We use them exclusively.

When the handle on Hunki's broke after 7 years we took it back to get it fixed because it had a lifetime warranty. They said that they don't really fix things and gave him his money back to buy another one. We couldn't believe it. That old bag had well over 700,000 miles on it.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 10:56 am
Suspended

Programs: Count Your Blessings
Originally Posted by tev9999
Is it light blue? I seem to remember seeing that color at Costco here in Detroit, but it was probably awhile ago.

They seem to rotate their colors every so often. Black, ugly brown and red seemed to be what they had in stock last time I walked down that aisle. I have an olive green 22" - I have only seen one other person with the same bag.
Check Costco.com to see if other colors or styles are available that your local store doesn't carry.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 11:03 am

I have seen a light blue in some stores but not others, and I've also seen the taupe--mine is taupe with black trim, and I've even seen a taupe with garish, but very distinctive, red trim--no missing your bag on the carousel with that scheme. My wife has a matching 22" and 26" in the olive green.

I am not hung up on matching luggage, but maybe I'm strange. I expect my luggage to 1) protect my stuff and 2) be recognizable as mine. Thus no more basic black for me. I think obsessing over matching luggage is just one short step from the neurosis that makes people buy plastic covers for their Hartmann belting leather bags to protect the leather--that stuff is made to be abused, not coddled. And what do you cover the plastic with to protect that?

I know there are a lot of Briggs & Riley fans on FT who swear by B&R's commitment to fix any problem with any bag, regardless of who caused it or how, but I am with Punki on this one--why take the bag back and wait for it to be repaired, even free, when you can go to any Costco in any major metro area and swap it out?

OK, I have wandered off-topic. To the OP, the duffels tend to be harder to find in a specific color than the other pieces, so you may have to do some investigating with local stores--or have an FTer keep an eye out for you, I'm going to my local Costco tonight.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 11:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Count Your Blessings
I have been very happy with my Costco business briefcases as they have held up equally as well to my Briggs & Riley.

I would not hesitate to buy more Costco but the stuff I already have just doesn't break.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA ex-1K (now nothing), Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by gores95
My wife said if we cannot match the colors its going back. ;(
Wow, I've never seen an unhappy winking smiley before.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver, HHonors Silver, United MileagePlus, Jet Blue TrueBlue
Originally Posted by turing
I think I may have started a new trend......
Old Oct 10, 2007, 8:22 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by turing
perhaps it's just blinking back a tear

on topic, afraid i've never seen the blue duffel at any costco, only the colors shown on the site (black, red, taupe)
Old Oct 11, 2007, 6:02 am

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
Originally Posted by Punki
Costco makes the best bags. We use them exclusively.

When the handle on Hunki's broke after 7 years we took it back to get it fixed because it had a lifetime warranty. They said that they don't really fix things and gave him his money back to buy another one. We couldn't believe it. That old bag had well over 700,000 miles on it.
This is the joy of shopping at Costco.
Old Oct 11, 2007, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K / 1MM, Bonvoy Platinum, Amex Platinum
I was surprised yesterday standing at the luggage carousel at SFO to see a big black ~26" rollerboard come off the belt and the "Kirkland signature" logo on it.

Sorry, but I don't care how nice the bags are, I couldn't bring myself to tote around Costco bags. It's a matter of self respect, but maybe that's just me. I don't wear Costco clothes either.
Old Oct 11, 2007, 4:55 pm
mkt

Programs: AA LT PLT; DL GLD, UA nothing, B6 Mosaic; Emerald Club Executive
I love Costco (executive member!), but I've yet to try their luggage. Thanks for the tips about the luggage quality, perhaps I'll try one of their bags next time I'm in the market

Off topic though, don't you find the most amazing things there? I surf on occasion (ok, I surf at least twice a week), and when I saw them selling 9 foot 3-fin longboards for $300, I bought a pair
Old Oct 11, 2007, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA/MAR
Originally Posted by kniveton
but maybe that's just me.
Yup, you and my wife.

I bought the Costco 22" rollaboard and my wife, who was too snooty for Kirkland luggage, bought some name brand thing from a department store.

My Kirkland has been on 2 transpacs, 2 TATLs, and about a half dozen short-haul domestics. My wife's has been on 1 TATL and about 3 short-haul domestics. Guess whose has held up better... I'll give you a hint, it was the less expensive one.

My Costco bag is about to enter service as a 18 TATL R/T a year bag and I have no doubt it will hold up great. And if it doesn't, I can just go to my local warehouse and get a new one in 30 minutes (including the r/t drive). Beat that, Tumi.
Old Oct 12, 2007, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kniveton
I was surprised yesterday standing at the luggage carousel at SFO to see a big black ~26" rollerboard come off the belt and the "Kirkland signature" logo on it. Sorry, but I don't care how nice the bags are, I couldn't bring myself to tote around Costco bags. It's a matter of self respect, but maybe that's just me. I don't wear Costco clothes either.
Good for you. I wear the Kirkland underwear and find it is as nice as the brands costing 3X the price. I saved over $3K using the Costco car buying service, save 20%-40% on some Costco pharmacy meds and love the Costco/Kirkland pizzas. The eyeglasses are great but I never bought any of their $49K diamond rings to date. YMMV or course.

MisterNice

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.