Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Costco Kirland Signature Executive luggage question

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2010, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I have 4 of the 22" bags, and 1 of the larger ones. I've taken the smaller ones back at least 4 times. Never had a problem.

I'd go to a different Costco, if I were you. Either say it was a gift, or just buy one of the newer ones (if you like that size) and bring back the old one with that receipt. The latter method was actually suggested to me by a Costco employee a few years back on another item.

I've run into a few employees who gave me a bit of grief. The last was a month ago when a HP laptop was reduced in price $100 that I had bought 75 days previously.

I brought the receipt in, and asked for a cash adjustment. The normal Costco person said it was out of the 30 day adjustment period. I explained to the supervisor that I'd be more than happy to buy a new one, and bring back the old one, and he quickly saw the light.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 10:40 am

Message from Ricardo Beverly Hills:

Sorry for the inconvenience. Some airlines have different specs for carry on size. Most airlines will allow this size.

I like the Airboss, but there are times where I need a rollaboard instead. But I guess I'll be using the Kirkland as my checked bag until they see the light. @:-)@:-)@:-)@:-)@:-)
Old Apr 26, 2010, 8:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Jewel/Osco Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by C. Howitt Fealz
Message from Ricardo Beverly Hills:

Sorry for the inconvenience. Some airlines have different specs for carry on size. Most airlines will allow this size.
I believe all airlines will accept 22x14x9, but each manufacturer cheats a little and each overhead bin differs just a bit. I prefer a 20" bag that fits wheels-in in every overhead except an RJ.
Old May 23, 2010, 2:33 am

Programs: AS Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Nexus / Global Entry
Picked up the Kirkland 22" a couple of weeks ago.

Contrary to what many have posted it was fine wheels out in the overhead of a737-800 on AS.

If you can't get the door to close you're not trying hard enough.

Here's a tip: Try placing the bag at the extreme back or front of the bin away from the latch. The door will flex a bit and it'll close.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 11:31 am

Programs: AS Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Nexus / Global Entry
Follow up in the event that my past two experiences on AS 737s were flukes.

SEA-MCO and back this week.

No problems with the Kirkland 22" whatsoever.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 3:14 pm

Question Lost the T add a bag strap already!

I have already lost the t type add-a-bag strap that comes with the new 22" KS bag.

Anyone have the 1-800 number or know of where I can get another strap? I use that thing often.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 10:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
Originally Posted by NunoD
I have already lost the t type add-a-bag strap that comes with the new 22" KS bag.

Anyone have the 1-800 number or know of where I can get another strap? I use that thing often.
An answer may appear here.

Otherwise, call 1-800-774-2678, or try the contact form here...

http://shop.costco.com/customer-service/contact-us
Old Jul 6, 2010, 12:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MisterNice
Good for you. I wear the Kirkland underwear and find it is as nice as the brands costing 3X the price. I saved over $3K using the Costco car buying service, save 20%-40% on some Costco pharmacy meds and love the Costco/Kirkland pizzas. The eyeglasses are great but I never bought any of their $49K diamond rings to date. YMMV or course.

MisterNice
are u sure for that???
Old Jul 6, 2010, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by MisterNice
Good for you. I wear the Kirkland underwear and find it is as nice as the brands costing 3X the price. I saved over $3K using the Costco car buying service, save 20%-40% on some Costco pharmacy meds and love the Costco/Kirkland pizzas. The eyeglasses are great but I never bought any of their $49K diamond rings to date. YMMV or course.

MisterNice
$5 per pair of boxers, and $4.50 of them disappears up my butt/backside ! I shall stick to Calvin Klein thank you, whatever the cost !
Old Jul 6, 2010, 9:02 am
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
I shall stick to Calvin Klein thank you, whatever the cost !
They sell that too!
Old Jul 6, 2010, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by PhlyingRPh
An answer may appear here.

Otherwise, call 1-800-774-2678, or try the contact form here...

http://shop.costco.com/customer-service/contact-us
Thanks PhlyingRPh

I searched, but somehow that thread eluded me. I did not see it at all.

I thought there was a specific 1-800 for the KS bags, but regardless I called costco service and they told me these bags were made by Ricardo Beverly Hills and to give their service department a call.

I sent an email instead and got an immediate response. They are sending me one via mail. All good!

Last edited by NunoD; Jul 8, 2010 at 11:48 am
Old Jul 11, 2010, 8:06 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, WN A-List
The latest Kirkland 22 now does not have the toiletry kit inside the top pocket.
All else seems the same.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 9:29 pm

Programs: DL Silver (0.239 MM), DL SkyClub Life, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by owflyer
The latest Kirkland 22 now does not have the toiletry kit inside the top pocket.
All else seems the same.
What about general size/overhead fit compared to the bag released at the beginning of the year-ish?
Old Nov 23, 2010, 5:40 pm

Costco has changed the dimensions of this bag to make it fit better

Since originally releasing this bag in December 09/January 10, Costco has changed the size of this bag to make it fit in the overhead bin.

Back in December 2009/January 2010, Costco released this bag. If you purchased it THEN, you got the older size. It may be too large under certain circumstances. According to the brochure posted on page 4 of this thread, the original version was 22 x 14 x 9, but it was actually bigger than that. That bag included a quart-sized zip loc bag **snapped** into the front pocket. I bought that version back in January and returned it because it wouldn't fit in the overhead bin in first class on an Alaska 737 flight. I replaced it with a Crew7, which was noticeably shorter than the Kirkland unit.

I just went back to Costco today and purchased a new one. The dimensions on the brochure are listed as 21.75 x 14 x 8.75. Obviously, these aren't the real dimensions, either. But, the bag is smaller now. It still comes with a quart-sized zip lock bag, but the bag no longer has any snaps to snap it in place in the front pocket.

The new version of the Kirkland is slightly shorter than the Crew 7 that I still have and the OLD one was larger, so the change in dimensions is real. It should fit in the overhead bin no problem.

For some reason, Costco didn't change the item #, and so if you go on Costco.com, you'll still see all the old reviews saying the bag is too large (including mine). This might explain why some of you are saying that it won't fit in the overhead bins, and others are having no trouble. Some of you probably have the new bag and some of you probably have the old one.

Last edited by advocate99; Nov 23, 2010 at 5:58 pm
Old Nov 23, 2010, 10:11 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, WN A-List
Originally Posted by advocate99
Since originally releasing this bag in December 09/January 10, Costco has changed the size of this bag to make it fit in the overhead bin.

Back in December 2009/January 2010, Costco released this bag. If you purchased it THEN, you got the older size. It may be too large under certain circumstances. According to the brochure posted on page 4 of this thread, the original version was 22 x 14 x 9, but it was actually bigger than that. That bag included a quart-sized zip loc bag **snapped** into the front pocket. I bought that version back in January and returned it because it wouldn't fit in the overhead bin in first class on an Alaska 737 flight. I replaced it with a Crew7, which was noticeably shorter than the Kirkland unit.

I just went back to Costco today and purchased a new one. The dimensions on the brochure are listed as 21.75 x 14 x 8.75. Obviously, these aren't the real dimensions, either. But, the bag is smaller now. It still comes with a quart-sized zip lock bag, but the bag no longer has any snaps to snap it in place in the front pocket.

The new version of the Kirkland is slightly shorter than the Crew 7 that I still have and the OLD one was larger, so the change in dimensions is real. It should fit in the overhead bin no problem.

For some reason, Costco didn't change the item #, and so if you go on Costco.com, you'll still see all the old reviews saying the bag is too large (including mine). This might explain why some of you are saying that it won't fit in the overhead bins, and others are having no trouble. Some of you probably have the new bag and some of you probably have the old one.
To confirm this is now the fourth design of the new bag, item #515223

1st - New design, 22/14/9, toiletry bag in front, snapped in place
2nd- New design, 22/14/9, no toiletry bag
3rd - New design, 22/14/9, toiletry bag - no snap in place, mesh zipped pocket in front

The newest 21.5/14/8.75, 4th version is indeed shorter, why they stopped short and did not change the T-strap is a mystery; it is the weakest part of the bag.

Last edited by owflyer; Nov 23, 2010 at 11:13 pm Reason: sp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.