Reload this Page >

Costco Kirland Signature Executive luggage question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Costco Kirland Signature Executive luggage question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2010, 10:46 pm

I wrote an email to the Costco buyer about the bag being too large and she dismissed it, saying the manufacturer tested and guarranteed that it will fit as advertised. I guess after many returns later they finally admitted the mistake. Too bad I got a Tumi 22 T-Tech already.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 11:29 pm

Agreed. But, they're trying to copy the Tumi Alpha, and it uses the T-bar design. I've got a call into the Costco buyer to encourage just that change.

I'm now not sure whether I like the FlightCrew3 or the Kirkland better. Both are now comparably sized. Costco has the better warranty and is expandable. But, the FlightCrew3 22" has the better speedstrap connection. I'm led to believe that the expandable FligthCrew3 might be too big..

Originally Posted by owflyer
To confirm this is now the fourth design of the new bag, item #515223

1st - New design, 22/14/9, toiletry bag in front, snapped in place
2nd- New design, 22/14/9, no toiletry bag
3rd - New design, 22/14/9, toiletry bag - no snap in place, mesh zipped pocket in front

The newest 21.5/14/8.75, 4th version is indeed shorter, why they stopped short and did not change the T-strap is a mystery; it is the weakest part of the bag.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 3:50 am

Could someone who has brought the latest model confirm that the weight is indeed 11.25lbs.

Thanks

Mike.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 11:06 am

I weighed it on a scale meant for humans and it read 11.0 pounds.

Originally Posted by mpvincent
Could someone who has brought the latest model confirm that the weight is indeed 11.25lbs.

Thanks

Mike.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 11:07 am

When did you send that e-mail? Perhaps they had already changed the size by then, and thus, her response was accurate?

Originally Posted by imm2b
I wrote an email to the Costco buyer about the bag being too large and she dismissed it, saying the manufacturer tested and guarranteed that it will fit as advertised. I guess after many returns later they finally admitted the mistake. Too bad I got a Tumi 22 T-Tech already.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by advocate99
I weighed it on a scale meant for humans and it read 11.0 pounds.
That seems on the heavy side to me. I didn't think I had a particularly heavy Samsonite of similar dimensions and with clothes/chargers for 5 days in Vegas the total weight was 14 lbs. I shall weigh it when I have emptied it in case I am losing the plot.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by advocate99
When did you send that e-mail? Perhaps they had already changed the size by then, and thus, her response was accurate?
My email was in March of this year.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 11:10 pm

Mine weighed in at 9.5 lbs empty, but then it was a bathroom scale that weighs to the nearest .5 lb.

I have pics of the bag's dimensions, and pics of it in overhead bins in my thread here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...ew-design.html
Old Nov 26, 2010, 1:35 am

Actually those pics are now the old design. The brochure that accompanies the latest version shows slightly smaller specifications (by .25" in length and in depth).

Originally Posted by SDM44
Mine weighed in at 9.5 lbs empty, but then it was a bathroom scale that weighs to the nearest .5 lb.

I have pics of the bag's dimensions, and pics of it in overhead bins in my thread here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...ew-design.html
Old Nov 26, 2010, 8:30 pm
KCK

Too late for them to get my business. I was going to buy a Kirkland carry-on a month ago, but after reading the comments here and on Costco's website, I took a tape measure to Costco to check out the dimensions for myself. Though the description said it was 22 inches, the bag measured a little over 23 inches and I ended up buying a bag elsewhere.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 3:23 pm

It seems that Costco has changed this product yet again.

The new version has a new front pocket design that looks much more like the older design. You can see the picture on Costco's web-site. The dimensions on the brochure and web-site now read 21.5 x. 14 x 8.75. Also, they've changed the design of the strap latch. It still uses a T-bar design, but the attachment on the bag is far less likely to cause a loss of the strap. It still includes a clear quart-sized bag. I've measured the new one and the old one and it looks like this latest version is actually 22" tall. It should fit into the sizers at the airports without difficulty.

This change must have JUST occurred, because when I ordered it on Costco's web-site, the picture still looked like the Tumi Alpha front pocket, and the dimensions read 21.75 x 14 x 8.75.

Last edited by advocate99; Dec 1, 2010 at 3:28 pm
Old Dec 31, 2010, 3:02 pm

Help

Dont want to cross post

I am really interested in getting some help with this

Tnx

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...-design-3.html
Old Dec 31, 2010, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by imm2b
You can return anything pretty much any time....
...in the worst case you get a CashCard instead of cash....
Old Jan 10, 2011, 10:57 am

bought one in CA

great bag. the attached suitor is no longer a clip on as per the pics, but a zippered pocket.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 3:40 pm

Be careful

Here is my experience:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...l#post15636876

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.