"In Memory"

Old Jan 10, 2009, 9:08 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
My gosh, I'm crying as I read this thread. I'm so sorry to those of you who have lost your best friends (aka children). I just lost my dog on Christmas Eve. She was 10 years old and like a daughter to me. I am so thankful we have such a kind vet...I called him as I saw she was dying and he rushed over and gave her the shot, carried her to the garage and said he'd pick her up the next day. This man has a family and that he left his family on Christmas Eve and Christmas day was beyond kind. My husband was overseas visiting his family, so I spent the next two days just crying alone.

Weirdly, a week later we found a cat who had a huge gash in her neck. Rushed her to the vet and now we have a cat to look after. We never had a cat before and we're learning quickly, but she's as sweet as can be and I guess we'll keep her...or rather, she will keep us.

Best wishes to you all for a better New Year.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 1:46 pm

I'm very sorry for your loss, Nanook.

And congratulations on your new addition! Sometimes, the best times, an animal finds you. The cat got lucky to find someone who would spend the money and time to get it vet care and you got lucky to find such a sweet cat at the right time. Your dog would be happy.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 6:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Nanook, I'm sorry to hear about your loss! It sounds like you have a wonderful and caring vet for your new cat.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 8:01 pm
Commander Catcop

Nanook... congratulations on that angel Kitty adopting you! Could be that your Dog "saw" you were sad and decided to send someone who needed your love. (if that all makes sense.)

There's a LOT of great advise regarding travel with Cats. There are also Cat parents here you can PM for advise (like me )
Old Jan 10, 2009, 10:07 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by Catman
Nanook... congratulations on that angel Kitty adopting you! Could be that your Dog "saw" you were sad and decided to send someone who needed your love. (if that all makes sense.)

There's a LOT of great advise regarding travel with Cats. There are also Cat parents here you can PM for advise (like me )
Doesn't get any better than Catmanfor advice. He is a great resource to FT and this Forum.^
Old Jan 11, 2009, 7:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by obscure2k
Doesn't get any better than Catmanfor advice. He is a great resource to FT and this Forum.^
+1.

Catman, I think you're right about the angel Kitty, and Nanook's dog.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by bhatnasx
Thanks for condolences. I just dropped Indy off at a pet crematorium & will be flying her remains back to Virginia on Saturday. My roommate from college & one of my friends who used to work at the camp with me are all going to head out into the mountains on Saturday night and spread her ashes at one of our favorite camping spots. I feel that's where she was alive the most and would be at home as her final resting spot.

I'll be donating most of her toys & leftover food, etc, to the SPCA here. I think I'm also going to make a donation to the Harrisonburg SPCA in her memory.
I never read this forum even though I have 3 cats. We just never take them with us traveling. So sorry about your dog, bhatnasx. That was so sad. It's terrible to lose a pet especially the way you lost yours. Condolences also to Nanook. I'm sure you'll love your new kitty.

Bobette
Old Jan 24, 2009, 9:22 pm

Not To Forget Indy

RSSrsvp: Your comments were so true & sweet. Thank you!

Originally Posted by RSSrsvp
In memory of Indy:
===========================================

Live simply.
Love generously.
Care deeply.
Speak kindly.
Remember, if a dog was the teacher you would learn things like:
When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure Ecstasy.
Take naps.
Stretch before rising.
Run, romp, and play daily.
Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.
On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
Be loyal.
Never pretend to be something you're not.
If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by, and nuzzle them gently.

ENJOY EVERY MOMENT OF EVERY DAY BECAUSE THAT IS HOW MAN'S BEST FRIEND WOULD WANT YOU TO DO IT!
Old Jan 24, 2009, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 777GalE
RSSrsvp: Your comments were so true & sweet. Thank you!
Agreed - they definitely describe Indy!
Old Jun 3, 2009, 5:02 am

Programs: Delta PM,UA 1P,
I realize this is 5 months too late but I just saw yhis thread (didn't even know there was a pet forum on FT.

Anyway, A year ago if I saw that post I would've thought "boy is this guy being melodramatic" . However last year I adopted a two year old beagle form the local Shelter and I can only say that it was by far the best thing I have ever done. when I got her (India but I call her Indy too) I was recovering from hip replacement surgery and I am not sure that without her I would've done all the walking i needed to do to rehab the hips.
She has been a godsend. I cannot imagine the pain you must have felt when your Indy passed away.

God Bless and Fare thee well Indy
Old Mar 10, 2011, 2:29 pm

its so sad

when a pet we love dies..I am going throgh it ..6 days ago I had to put my dog of 14 years CHESTER to sleep ..hes not under the desk right now or outside laying on his blanket I wont go on...but I miss him so, he was a GREAT dog

Last edited by Rozebow; Mar 10, 2011 at 2:48 pm
Old Mar 10, 2011, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by Rozebow
when a pet we love dies..I am going throgh it ..6 days ago I had to put my dog of 14 years CHESTER to sleep ..hes not under the desk right now or outside laying on his blanket I wont go on...but I miss him so, he was a GREAT dog
Welcome to Flyertalk and very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend!
Old Mar 10, 2011, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rozebow
Sorry to hear about Chester - I know it's rough right now - but it will get better. Just remember the good times that you two had together and know that you provided Chester with a great life.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Unless you are a dog owner you can't fully appreciate the loss of your faithful companion who have given you unconditional love and only wanted to be at your side since they were born. I agree with bhatnasx that you should remember the great times that you had together!
Old Mar 11, 2011, 11:02 am

Programs: BA Gold,, Marriott Plat
thank you for your story <3

I just want to give my condolences to you. Your story was beautiful and heart warming and transported me back some 11 years ago when I lost my best pal Brandi-lee and I just finished reading it to my Wife who had to put down her King Charles this year after 12 years of faithful loyalty and unconditional love and again I'm tearing ...again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.