"In Memory"

Old Dec 1, 2008, 6:37 pm

Programs: UA, AA, WN; HH, MR, IHG
OP, my deepest condolences for your loss. My cat died a couple of years ago - I'd had her since childhood, so I entirely understand your grief. Since then I got 2 new kittens (now cats) who are entirely wonderful, but more than 2 years later, I still miss her.

The SPCA will greatly appreciate your donations - it's a generous gesture.

My thoughts are with you.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
iI'm truly sorry to hear this, and can't even imagine how I'll handle things when my little dog passes away.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
I'm so sorry. Whatever you do don't jump into getting another dog in a hurry. Let another one find you.

You deserve the best!
Old Dec 2, 2008, 3:50 am

Programs: Aadvantage, Marriott, Starwood, Southwest
I'm so sorry for your loss ... your memories will keep your baby alive for you. Don't hurry to give her things away ... you might want to keep a few mementos to look at later. Put some in a box and put it away for now. Also, google "Raiinbow Bridge" ... it's a beautiful poem and there is a video online that is very inspiring ... it might make you cry, but that's what you need to do right now. Soon you'll be laughing over the memories of her antics. Best wishes.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 7:15 am

Condolences

What a beautiful tribute you wrote. I'm sorry for your loss. We go into these relationships knowing our hearts will be broken sooner or later, but reaping the tail wagging rewards every day in between.
Bless you,
Old Dec 2, 2008, 2:47 pm

Programs: QF Plat - OW EMD | DL Gold / Starwood Gold
I'm so sorry to hear about Indy.

From the tribute you wrote, Indy was quite a best friend to you, and you were to Indy.

When you're ready, another dog will find you. My thoughts are with you.

Last edited by SDF_Traveler; Dec 2, 2008 at 2:53 pm
Old Dec 2, 2008, 7:59 pm

Programs: DL
I am very sorry for your loss.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 9:05 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss and thank you for sharing your story. Indy had a wonderful life with you, and she'll be watching over you across the rainbow bridge.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 10:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, NW Plat
Man, that's a tough loss. Dogs are the most loving and adoring creatures-it doesn't matter how bad a day I've had, my dog is always there wagging his tail to greet me at the door.

Enjoy the good memories.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Again - thank you for the condolences...if anyone's interested - here are some pictures of her...unfortunately, the puppy picts I have of her are from before the digital camera days & I don't have a lot of them...

http://picasaweb.google.com/samirb/IndyDog#

She was a hell of a dog...
Old Dec 2, 2008, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Condolences. It sounds like the time she spent with you was good for the both of you. Thanks for the story about her.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 11:21 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Just to add to the list of condolences here. I am really sorry but have a little insight having lost two dogs of which I was very fond in my lifetime. My parents still have pictures of our Irish Setter in their home as he was so much part of their lives. I still have pictures of the Rottweiler I had in my home.

Take care.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 1:14 am

Programs: DL, Starwood, SWA, United. RIP NWA.
My condolences.

I know Indy said it every time she wagged for you, but please allow me to voice it for her one last time:

"Thank you for saving my life, loving me and giving me 10 wonderful years of adventures with you."

Continuing to spread the gospel of shelter pets might be a fitting tribute to her...

Bless you both.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 8:06 am
Commander Catcop

bhatnasx... let me join everyone in extending my condolences as well.

Dogs and Cats become like members of the family and we can grieve for them as much as we grieve for our two legged loved ones.

A beautiful tribute to Indy... and I'm glad you had so many wonderful times together.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 10:38 am

What a beautiful girl Indy is and what a great life she had with you! My sincerest condolences on your loss. We do always go in knowing that a relationship with a dog will never last long enough but the years you had her are well worth the grief. At least, that's what I have told myself.

I lost my Yorkie, Willy, last year and I'm from Las Vegas. If (and it's much too soon to even think about this) you ever decide you're ready to adopt a new best friend, feel free to PM me or ask on the boards because there are great groups here to adopt from. I found my Charlie from a fantastic agency here.

Jennifer

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.