Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"In Memory"

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2013, 9:48 am

I can across this thread today. I was so moved by the responses. The death of a fur friend is never easy. I lost my 13 year old golden retriever, Tanner, on August 27 last year. I am lucky that I volunteer weekly at a golden retriever rescue organization located near the SMF airport. We have a memorial garden there. I purchased a brick in Tanner's memory with an etched photo of him on it. I visit each Saturday that I volunteer. It is a peaceful garden and I can feel his presence.

While on a cruise in the Med this past October, my husband and I raised a toast to Tanner on what would have been his 14th birthday (Oct. 30). I asked him to send us a new "fur son". The next day I received an email from another volunteer in our rescue organization. A new puppy (9 weeks old) had arrived at our facility (on Oct. 30). He was from a backyard breeder, undernourished and flea infested but had the potential to be a handsome boy. A photo was also attached. Did I want to adopt him? I knew Tanner had sent him. He is now 6 months old and is the light of our lives. I thank Tanner almost daily for sending us Ritter (named after Mt. Ritter in California).
Tanner still has a piece of my heart and I have wonderful memories, but I'm making new memories and my heart is growing bigger with Ritter.

Our companion pets add so much to our lives. We know going in that we will probably outlive them. Losing them is very emotional and sad, but I would rather have had them in my life than not experience all the joy they bring.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 9:45 pm

Programs: Former AA Gold, SkyMiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I know Ritter is grateful and Tanner is glad his mom has someone to make her smile again. :-:
Old Mar 31, 2013, 12:25 pm

This thread is sad especially the first post. Losing a pet is not easy. I miss my pets I had... Think about them everyday!! ;(
Old May 9, 2013, 9:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
A friend just sent me an email that her beloved Kayenta passed away on Tuesday. I'm trying not to cry at work. She was able to hike with them last summer, when they hiked 800 miles of the Appalachian Trail.
Old May 9, 2013, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by kipper
A friend just sent me an email that her beloved Kayenta passed away on Tuesday. I'm trying not to cry at work. She was able to hike with them last summer, when they hiked 800 miles of the Appalachian Trail.
My tears flow for your friend's loss. May her beloved Kayenta's spirit soared to the Rainbow Bridge where my beloved pets are. I don't know what else to say, because I feel the pains of people who lose their beloved companions.
Old May 9, 2013, 11:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by A1pax
My tears flow for your friend's loss. May her beloved Kayenta's spirit soared to the Rainbow Bridge where my beloved pets are. I don't know what else to say, because I feel the pains of people who lose their beloved companions.
We always compared notes on dogs--her Kayenta looked like a combination of my Cobaka and Geno, and was such a sweet girl.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.