Reload this Page >

COVID-19 - Situation and response in Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 10, 2020, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: exp
Thailand Reopening: Exemption from Quarantine (TEST & GO)

Required Documents:

• A Certificate of Vaccination (fully vaccinated) with an approved vaccine at least 14 days before travelling.
  • Those previously infected within 3 months must have received 1 dose of an approved vaccine at least 14 days before travelling.
  • Travelers under 12 years of age, travelling with parents or guardians, are exempt from the vaccination requirement.
  • A Medical Certificate with an RT-PCR lab result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected issued no more than 72 hours before travelling (all travelers).
  • A confirmed payment for a 1-night stay at SHA+, AQ, OQ, or AHQ accommodation, and 1 RT-PCR test.
  • An insurance policy with coverage no less than US$50,000.
https://tp.consular.go.th/

Properties for day-one quarantine: https://asq.in.th/asq-bangkok-thaila...ctedItem=1+Day

TG's "rules"/form
https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/ne...e-covid19.page

Form for health cert.
https://www.thaiairways.com/static/c...ificate_TG.jpg

Thai inbound covid insurance comparison site:

https://asq.in.th/thailand-covid-insurance

Thanks to transpac

Print Wikipost

COVID-19 - Situation and response in Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2020, 2:38 am

Programs: EK Pleb
Post Deleted

Last edited by Oldtiger; Apr 10, 2020 at 9:29 pm
Old Mar 9, 2020, 2:46 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by Oldtiger
The Civil Aviation Authority Thailand (CAAT) has warned airlines that they will be responsible for the medical treatment of any passengers they bring into Thailand from the 6 high risk zones that are found to have virus symptoms upon arrival.

CAAT has advised the airlines to ensure that their passengers have a medical certificate stating they are virus free. If the passenger is unable to provide a medical certificate the airline should not allow the passenger to board the flight.

Source: https://www.bangkokpost.com

This is going to cause absolute mayhem at the departing airports when people cheching in are told they canot fly because they do not have a virus free medical certificate.
Oh no wonder HX has just asking for them:

無綫新聞 - 港航要求往泰國旅客需出示健康證明 無感染新型冠狀病毒方可登機 http://news.tvb.com/instant/5e65fac5335d19e147876052

I was wondering what minuscule person in the bowels of the bunker under One Citygate thought that’d protect anyone, Thai or passenger.

Last edited by percysmith; Mar 9, 2020 at 2:53 am
Old Mar 9, 2020, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seen some tweets from today mentioning quite long waits on arrival. Two + hours just to get through the health-screening line. Amazing given there are so few passengers.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by percysmith
Oh no wonder HX has just asking for them:

無綫新聞 - 港航要求往泰國旅客需出示健康證明 無感染新型冠狀病毒方可登機 http://news.tvb.com/instant/5e65fac5335d19e147876052

I was wondering what minuscule person in the bowels of the bunker under One Citygate thought that’d protect anyone, Thai or passenger.
7 o’clock news says HX HKG rescinded the requirement after checking with CAAT; TG/CX/UO/PG HKG never bothered requiring the medical certificate

Some HX pax raced to North Lantau Hospital and paid HK$1,600 for quick test

Meanwhile HK pax are still being successfully landed this afternoon

http://cablenews.i-cable.com/ci/videopage/news/20014

Last edited by percysmith; Mar 9, 2020 at 6:46 am
Old Mar 9, 2020, 5:36 pm

Programs: ey gold tg gold accor gold
Originally Posted by Oldtiger
The Civil Aviation Authority Thailand (CAAT) has warned airlines that they will be responsible for the medical treatment of any passengers they bring into Thailand from the 6 high risk zones that are found to have virus symptoms upon arrival.

CAAT has advised the airlines to ensure that their passengers have a medical certificate stating they are virus free. If the passenger is unable to provide a medical certificate the airline should not allow the passenger to board the flight.

Source: https://www.bangkokpost.com

This is going to cause absolute mayhem at the departing airports when people cheching in are told they canot fly because they do not have a virus free medical certificate. Also the airlines are not going to be happy if they have to pick up the medical bills for any passenger found to have virus symptoms upon arrival.

With the already falling numbers of passengers travelling and the number of flight being reduced because of the virus, it is possible the airlines may stop flying into Thailand until the virus situation eventually returns to some degree of normality.
Qatar cancelled their Doha - Bangkok route yesterday
Old Mar 9, 2020, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tommy123
Qatar cancelled their Doha - Bangkok route yesterday
Source?

Yes, the country of Qatar did add Thailand to its restricted country list. But people can still transit Hamed, including Bangkok originating passengers. But they can't enter Qatar (unless they are citizens).

All seven BKK-DOH dailies flew yesterday, Monday 9 March. All seven today show in flight or confirmed.

Might things change tomorrow? Sure.

Under the direction of government authorities of the State of Qatar, as a preventive measure to limit the spread of Coronavirus, entry to Qatar is temporarily suspended for all those travelling from the following countries: Bangladesh, China, Egypt, India, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Syria and Thailand. Only those with onward connections through Hamad International Airport are accepted for travel.

https://qatarairways.zendesk.com/hc/...navirus-Update
Old Mar 9, 2020, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

7 o’clock news says HX HKG rescinded the requirement after checking with CAAT; TG/CX/UO/PG HKG never bothered requiring the medical certificate
Saw a tweet on @RichardBarrow a few minutes ago mentioning IDB for HKG-BKK without a medical certificate. Seems to be in flux?

Old Mar 9, 2020, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by transpac
Source?

Yes, the country of Qatar did add Thailand to its restricted country list. But people can still transit Hamed, including Bangkok originating passengers. But they can't enter Qatar (unless they are citizens).

All seven BKK-DOH dailies flew yesterday, Monday 9 March. All seven today show in flight or confirmed.

Might things change tomorrow? Sure.

Under the direction of government authorities of the State of Qatar, as a preventive measure to limit the spread of Coronavirus, entry to Qatar is temporarily suspended for all those travelling from the following countries: Bangladesh, China, Egypt, India, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Syria and Thailand. Only those with onward connections through Hamad International Airport are accepted for travel.

https://qatarairways.zendesk.com/hc/...navirus-Update
Already zeroed out

Old Mar 9, 2020, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Already zeroed out
No clue what this is or means?

Maybe try BKK-DOH-XXX, see what the fare buckets look like?

QR website shows fares for travel BKK-DOH-JFK for example.

Three flights left BKK today so far. The other four show as confirmed.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 8:55 pm

Saw a tweet on @RichardBarrow a few minutes ago mentioning IDB for HKG-BKK without a medical certificate. Seems to be in flux?
The 12:45 is TG601.

Yesterday’s North Lantau Hospital test won’t satisfy this form they’re handing out. An X-Ray isn’t a negative test for COVID, it’s really just the doctor saying “(in the limited amount of time you Thais gave us to run tests) he doesn’t appear sick to me”

To sign negative testing, a doctor will have to do a proper throat swab test specifically for COVID DNA. A friend of the wife’s done that last week at a public hospital:

(“The results of your deep throat swab test recently conducted by the Hospital Authority is Negative”)

She waited a days for the test results.

IANAD but I believe the swab test is the minimum a HK doctor needs to sign off on the Thai cert.

She just told me private doctors won’t do this.
Only public hospitals are currently running the tests in HK.

And you need to do this test shortly after T-48 to have any hope of getting the results back.

I’ll turn on I-Cable for lunch segment.

Last edited by percysmith; Mar 9, 2020 at 9:07 pm
Old Mar 9, 2020, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Govt ramps up Covid-19 measures

The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) is requiring travellers from Covid-19 infected countries and territories to produce medical certificates prior to boarding their flights to Thailand to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus.

Transport Minister Saksayam Chidchob said on Monday the CAAT has issued an official announcement, saying travellers from South Korea, China, Italy, Iran, Macau and Hong Kong who fail to show their health certificates to authorities before boarding their flights to Thailand will not be allowed to continue their journey.

The restrictions are in line with Thailand's Communicable Diseases Act (2015), the minister said.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...id-19-measures
Old Mar 9, 2020, 10:14 pm

The 12:45 is TG601.

I’ll turn on i-Cable for lunch segment.
The latest i-Cable segment didn't say but it appears they've a reporter at the TG601 counter.

Spoiler

Passenger Mr. Zhou claims TG demanded either the certificate template Matt M. posted above

Spoiler

Last edited by percysmith; Mar 10, 2020 at 6:24 pm
Old Mar 9, 2020, 11:04 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Same case for people transiting BKK? Friend’s daughter is supposed to fly HKG-BKK-PEK.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 11:14 pm

No clue what this is or means?

Maybe try BKK-DOH-XXX, see what the fare buckets look like?

QR website shows fares for travel BKK-DOH-JFK for example.

Three flights left BKK today so far. The other four show as confirmed.
Oh I get it. You're not allowed to travel BKK-DOH and land in DOH, but you can transit and proceed beyond DOH e.g. BKK-DOH-JFK

Originally Posted by yosithezet
Same case for people transiting BKK? Friend’s daughter is supposed to fly HKG-BKK-PEK.
Transit's *currently* fine. Might not be fine in a minute after this Tweet...

Old Mar 10, 2020, 12:21 am

Mr. Zhou denied boarding, Mrs. Zhou allowed to board

i-Cable segment 13:49-13:50

i-Cable presenter: There are still ongoing confusion [over Thailand entry requirements].
i-Cable presenter: A husband and wife found different GPs
i-Cable presenter: to issue medical certificates.
i-Cable presenter: The husband [Mr. Zhou]'s letter was rejected, his wife's was approved
i-Cable presenter: if a passenger arrives with approved medical certificate, no quarantine will apply.
i-Cable reporter: Mr. Zhou was originally schedule to this afternoon
i-Cable reporter: travel on Thai Airways to Thailand for work
i-Cable reporter: Mr. Zhou had made earlier preparations:
i-Cable reporter: and produced medical certificate from his general practioner.
i-Cable reporter: Thai Airways initially told him to wait for approval from Thailand
Mr. Zhou: Any medical certificate we bring
Mr Zhou: has to be sent over to Thailand for review.
Mr. Zhou: each letter
Mr. Zhou: has to be sent to Thailand one-by-one
i-Cable reporter: The airline subsequently informed Mr. Zhou
i-Cable reporter: his certificate did not mention
i-Cable reporter: that he was free from COVID infection
i-Cable reporter: and requested he re-submit new certificate
i-Cable reporter: and rebooked him on the evening flight.
i-Cable reporter: His was accompanied by his wife
i-Cable reporter: who obtained another certificate from another doctor
i-Cable reporter: which was *accepted* by the airline.
i-Cable reporter: because it explicitly stated his wife was free of evidence of COVID infection.
Mr. Zhou: This is my wife's regular family doctor
Mr. Zhou: who knew all along
Mr. Zhou: his wife was OK.
i-Cable reporter: Without carrying tests? Without drawing blood for tests?
Mr. Zhou: From experience!
Mr. Zhou: This is a joke.
i-Cable reporter: Thai Airways employees stated
i-Cable reporter: if Hong Kong travelers are able to present doctors' certificates
i-Cable reporter: they will not be quarantined on arrival.

Spoiler

So it's really how cozy you are with your GP and how much he's willing to stick his neck out for you...

Last edited by percysmith; Mar 10, 2020 at 6:15 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.