Reload this Page >

COVID-19 - Situation and response in Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 10, 2020, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: exp
Thailand Reopening: Exemption from Quarantine (TEST & GO)

Required Documents:

• A Certificate of Vaccination (fully vaccinated) with an approved vaccine at least 14 days before travelling.
  • Those previously infected within 3 months must have received 1 dose of an approved vaccine at least 14 days before travelling.
  • Travelers under 12 years of age, travelling with parents or guardians, are exempt from the vaccination requirement.
  • A Medical Certificate with an RT-PCR lab result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected issued no more than 72 hours before travelling (all travelers).
  • A confirmed payment for a 1-night stay at SHA+, AQ, OQ, or AHQ accommodation, and 1 RT-PCR test.
  • An insurance policy with coverage no less than US$50,000.
https://tp.consular.go.th/

Properties for day-one quarantine: https://asq.in.th/asq-bangkok-thaila...ctedItem=1+Day

TG's "rules"/form
https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/ne...e-covid19.page

Form for health cert.
https://www.thaiairways.com/static/c...ificate_TG.jpg

Thai inbound covid insurance comparison site:

https://asq.in.th/thailand-covid-insurance

Thanks to transpac

Print Wikipost

COVID-19 - Situation and response in Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2020, 10:19 am
siw

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by percysmith
So people from 'Country with ongoing local transmission' (i.e. France, Spain, USA, Switzerland, Norway, Japan (specific cities), Denmark, Netherlands, Sweden, UK and Germany) must install an app on their phones, fill in some data and have the location of the phone tracked?
Old Mar 13, 2020, 11:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by siw
So people from 'Country with ongoing local transmission' (i.e. France, Spain, USA, Switzerland, Norway, Japan (specific cities), Denmark, Netherlands, Sweden, UK and Germany) must install an app on their phones, fill in some data and have the location of the phone tracked?
Yes or fill in a T8 form, I believe
Old Mar 13, 2020, 11:55 am

deleted
Old Mar 13, 2020, 12:53 pm
siw

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by manymany
Yes or fill in a T8 form, I believe
Is the T8 form given to passengers on the aircraft, at the same time as the arrivals card? Or are they only at the airport?
Old Mar 13, 2020, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by siw
Is the T8 form given to passengers on the aircraft, at the same time as the arrivals card? Or are they only at the airport?
Don’t know, I guess they are given out on plane but could run out. However, you can download her:

https://www.caat.or.th/wp-content/up...03/T8_form.pdf

You only need page 19

(Thanks to Richard Barrow for the link)
Old Mar 13, 2020, 5:52 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Flying to Thailand. Please read this https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30383878
Old Mar 13, 2020, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Today's update, Admitted PUI number climbing again.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by siw

I'm from the UK and booked to fly to BKK via AMS in three weeks. KL will not refund me since the flight has not been cancelled so I am hoping that I can get refunds for my hotel reservations and get a KLM rebooking voucher, but if I cannot get hotel refunds then I guess I'll take the trip. I'll be in Thailand for 9 days (arrive Day 1, Days 2-8, depart Day 9). I was initially going to have Day 2-7 in Chiang Mai and the other days in Bangkok. I've omitted Chiang Mai from my plan due to the very bad air quality, so I'll stay in Bangkok for the entire trip. Since I am there for less than 14 days. How does the self-monitoring work? Do I have to report to the MoPH etc.? The statement is not clear to me.
Rest assured that in 3 weeks you will not be able to/allowed to travel anywhere! (and KLM will have to refund the tickets). Things move very quickly now in Europe, and it is just a matter of time (days) before also in the UK all non-essential travel will discouraged by your authorities and other countries will impose entry restrictions for Europeans/arriving from Europe. Expecting to be able to travel to Thailand in 3 weeks time is very optimistic (and without reality based on how quickly things develop now). Wait until you can't enter Thailand due to travel or entry restrictions and then apply for a refund of the hotel. You have travel insurance that would reimburse such hotel expenses?
Old Mar 14, 2020, 3:04 am

So as of now, all arrivals simply have to fill in this T8 form, either in the app or on paper. No further restrictions as of now?
Old Mar 14, 2020, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SK AAR
Rest assured that in 3 weeks you will not be able to/allowed to travel anywhere!
Maybe sooner?

Obviously plenty of rumors here...but did hear the first whispers, this afternoon, of extreme restrictions for at least Bangkok.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 4:59 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by transpac
Maybe sooner?

Obviously plenty of rumors here...but did hear the first whispers, this afternoon, of extreme restrictions for at least Bangkok.
Agreed. But the poster’s ticket is for three weeks from now.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 7:01 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
On another note, it seems Ramkhamharng hospital in BKK has set up drive-thru testing for COVID19 with results in 4 hours.

Old Mar 14, 2020, 7:23 am

Programs: EK Pleb
Travellers from countries with ongoing local transmission

Post Deleted

Last edited by Oldtiger; Apr 10, 2020 at 9:19 pm
Old Mar 14, 2020, 7:29 am

Programs: EK Pleb
Post Deleted

Last edited by Oldtiger; Apr 10, 2020 at 9:18 pm
Old Mar 14, 2020, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by Oldtiger
And the cost is ?
Richard Barrow tweeted the following. I guess Ramkanheng hospital is on there somewhere!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.