Reload this Page >

COVID-19 - Situation and response in Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 10, 2020, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: exp
Thailand Reopening: Exemption from Quarantine (TEST & GO)

Required Documents:

• A Certificate of Vaccination (fully vaccinated) with an approved vaccine at least 14 days before travelling.
  • Those previously infected within 3 months must have received 1 dose of an approved vaccine at least 14 days before travelling.
  • Travelers under 12 years of age, travelling with parents or guardians, are exempt from the vaccination requirement.
  • A Medical Certificate with an RT-PCR lab result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected issued no more than 72 hours before travelling (all travelers).
  • A confirmed payment for a 1-night stay at SHA+, AQ, OQ, or AHQ accommodation, and 1 RT-PCR test.
  • An insurance policy with coverage no less than US$50,000.
https://tp.consular.go.th/

Properties for day-one quarantine: https://asq.in.th/asq-bangkok-thaila...ctedItem=1+Day

TG's "rules"/form
https://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/ne...e-covid19.page

Form for health cert.
https://www.thaiairways.com/static/c...ificate_TG.jpg

Thai inbound covid insurance comparison site:

https://asq.in.th/thailand-covid-insurance

Thanks to transpac

Print Wikipost

COVID-19 - Situation and response in Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2020, 3:55 pm

Had plans to be in BKK for 10 days in feb, only reason I have for hesitancy is the fact that we are traveling with a young infant. If it was just us adults, I wouldn't be that concerned.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

3.2 Situation of patients with suspected symptoms of novel coronavirus 2019 in Thailand.
On 3 February at 18.00, seven people met the criteria of patients under investigation (PUI),
raising the total number of PUI to 492 people. There were 19 confirmed cases, with eight cases
having completely recovered and returned to their homes as shown in Table 2
3.1 Surveillance protocol among passengers at airports

From 3-23 January 2020, the Department of Disease Control has been implementing its
surveillance protocol by fever screening of travelers from all direct flights from Wuhan, China to
the Suvarnabhumi, Don Mueang, Chiang Mai, Phuket and Krabi airports. On 24 January, the
screening protocol began to be implemented at Chiang Rai Airport. Among a total of 413 flights
travelling from China, there were 34,933 passengers and air crew members that were screened
for the disease.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumoni...o31-030263.pdf

Still close to ~ 50 flights a day coming in from China, but that may drop as of tomorrow as many airlines stop flying between Thailand and China.

Health officials seem to be challenged analyzing for the virus.
Old Feb 7, 2020, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by bizum
Had plans to be in BKK for 10 days in feb, only reason I have for hesitancy is the fact that we are traveling with a young infant. If it was just us adults, I wouldn't be that concerned.
Same. I am worried about returning to a pregnant step daughter and 2 year old grandson.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Over 100,000 Chinese tourists still in Thailand, according to Immigration Bureau

There are currently more than 100,000 Chinese tourists and long-stayers in Thailand, including 2,038 who came from the Chinese city of Wuhan, the epicentre of the coronavirus outbreak, and 91,688 from Guangzhou, which is close to Wuhan, Pol Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang, Commissioner of Thailand’s Immigration Bureau told a news conference today.

1,004,067 Chinese people arrived in Thailand between January 1st and February 6th, and 889,567 have already returned home.

During the same period, there were 23,933 arrivals from Wuhan and, of these, 21,895 have departed. Of the 103,944 arrivals from Guangzhou, 91,688 have already left Thailand.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/over-100000-chinese-tourists-still-in-thailand-according-to-immigration-bureau/

Thailand reports seven new coronavirus cases - health ministry​​​​​​

Health minister apologises for racist outburst

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul apologised on Friday after he criticised "Western tourists" for not wearing face masks and suggested they be expelled from the country for putting others at risk during the coronavirus outbreak.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...ing-face-masks

Air pollution, severe drought, Coronavirus crises all bringing out the worst.
bizum likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 3:57 pm

The worst is when the motorcycle taxi drivers gang up on a Chinese tourist who they think is spreading Corona virrus !

if the Public Health Minister can say things like this , you can imagine what is being said on Thai websites ,
Old Feb 8, 2020, 4:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
I can't even find a mask here.

Seems there's been a run on masks in the US, at least the western US. There are anecdotes of Asian-Americans sending packages of masks overseas.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by wco81
I can't even find a mask here.

Seems there's been a run on masks in the US, at least the western US. There are anecdotes of Asian-Americans sending packages of masks overseas.
are you in Thailand or California ?

Yes chinese are buying as many as they can and sending them back to china , you and I would do the same thing if your were in their shoes ,

I have some N95s that I was saving for BKK bad smog , and the cloth /paper ones for when I am working , mostly for the dust ,

The owner of a USA company that makes the masks said he gets calls every few minutes from asians wanting to buy millions of masks BUT he cannot make that many more and is not going to buy new machines for a one time panic......
Old Feb 8, 2020, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LAXlocal
The worst is when the motorcycle taxi drivers gang up on a Chinese tourist who they think is spreading Corona virrus !
Do you mean in Thailand?

I have not heard of any such anti-Chinese violence or sentiment. Quite the opposite in fact. Thailand is pretty much a vassal state of China. I predict that no Thais and no Chinese will die here from the nCoV19.

The health minister was referring to dirty, white, effing foreigners.

He later issued a non-apology "apology" which included "The day will never come when I will apologize to foreigners".

The face-saving has ensued,

Anutin firestorm: Wearing face masks is "being a responsible member of society", says leading doctor

The health minister was roundly mocked on Thai social media.

Why he hasn't been fired is a long story, but with a government with a cabinet minister who was convicted of heroin distribution (in Australia and served a jail term), and lied about his credentials, this one seems like it can be papered over.

As titular head of a minor party, which holds a shaky junta "government" in place, he does wield some power. He's also ultra-wealthy, and well-connected. His background is in construction, not medicine or public health.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 5:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by transpac
I predict that no Thais and no Chinese will die here from the nCoV19.

Do you know something we don't?

Fatalities are about to surpass SARS, if they haven't already.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 6:11 pm

No , it was a reply to an earlier statement about the worst thing that can happen ,

But you have seen what the motorcycle taxi drivers can do , and it would not take much to have them go off ,
I hope not , and if Corona never gets a hold in Thailand that will be great ,
Old Feb 8, 2020, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wco81
Do you know something we don't?
No. Just that the "authorities" here in Thailand want to paint a rosy picture for the masses.

Hence the miraculous recoveries, and the heralding of treatments (traditional herb and retro-virals).

Hopefully, there are no deaths, but I can all but guarantee that if there are, the first few will be dirty foreigners. Then and only then can Thai deaths be declared.

I half-expect to be blamed for the mass shooting in Korat.

Beating up someone who may be infected seems loopy to me. Wouldn't that all but ensure that the attackers would become infected?

Motorbike taxi drivers usually brawl amongst themselves, mostly re: turf. But innocents are wounded or killed when gunfire ensues.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!

if the Public Health Minister can say things like this , you can imagine what is being said on Thai websites ,
An Asian man died outside restaurant in Chinatown, Sydney and nobody helped or gave CPR as they said (or allegedly said) they were frightened he had coronavirus.

So many scare tactics are going around.
Old Feb 8, 2020, 9:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by transpac
No. Just that the "authorities" here in Thailand want to paint a rosy picture for the masses.

Hence the miraculous recoveries, and the heralding of treatments (traditional herb and retro-virals).

Hopefully, there are no deaths, but I can all but guarantee that if there are, the first few will be dirty foreigners. Then and only then can Thai deaths be declared.

I half-expect to be blamed for the mass shooting in Korat.

Beating up someone who may be infected seems loopy to me. Wouldn't that all but ensure that the attackers would become infected?

Motorbike taxi drivers usually brawl amongst themselves, mostly re: turf. But innocents are wounded or killed when gunfire ensues.

Yeah there seems to be a lot of cynicism about the Thai govt. handling of this, particularly the official numbers of infected.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/forum/18-thailand-news/
Old Feb 10, 2020, 12:20 pm

I wonder if the hotels have started to feel the pressure from the virus and if they will reduce rates as a result
Old Feb 10, 2020, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SQTraveller
I wonder if the hotels have started to feel the pressure from the virus and if they will reduce rates as a result
Hotels in Thailand tend to raise rates as occupancy drops.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.