Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

What airlines give pass for BKK Fast Track ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2014, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Flying Yazata
Read me first!

All airlines (although see note about TG) appear to give them departing from Bangkok, so the list below is mostly useful for inbound. It's important to remember that this is Thailand so just because an airline has given them out before is no guide they'll be given out in your case. It's worth asking both air-crew and the ground crew at the gate for them, as they're also occasionally forgotten. Thus the list below tends to reflect "this airline has given them out at least once" rather than being any guide to what will actually happen...

List

AI (Air India) - J arrival and departure
AF (Air France) - J arrival (distributed in the jetway leaving the aircraft), J and W departures
AY (Finnair) - J arrival (jetway) and departure
BA (British Airways) - J arrival and departure (BE AWARE there have been instances where cabin crew have not handed out the pass and when asked either only given to the asking passenger or advised they aren't given out)
CX (Cathay Pacific) - J/F arrival and departure, OWE departure
EK (Emirates) - J/F arrival and departure, Gold and above in Y excluded by local rules
EY (Etihad) - arrival (criteria unknown)
HU (Hainan Airlines) - J departure only
HX (Hong Kong Airlines) - J departure and J arrival
JL (Japan Airlines) - J/F arrival and departure
KE (Korean Air) - J arrival and departure, assume F as well
LX (Swiss Airlines) - J departure
LY (El Al) - arrival and departure for J+F plus KD
MH (Malaysian Airlines) - J arrival and departure, OWE departure
NH (ANA) - departure, J also arrival (4/2016)
OS (Austrian) - J departure
OZ (Asiana) - J arrival and departure (no OZ F service in BKK) (no arrival 26/03/16)
PG (Bangkok Airways) - Blue Ribbon (C) or Premier ongoing for arrival and departure
QR (Qatar Airways) - J arrival and departure, OWS (or above) departure
RJ (Royal Jordanian) - J and OWR (or above) departure, J arrival,OWR (or above) in Y (if you manage to find RJ staff at the jet bridge)
SQ (Singapore Airlines) - J arrival and departure or PPS Club/Solitaire, sometimes on request only
SU (Aeroflot) - J arrival and departure
TG (Thai Airways) - F/J have dedicated security area at airport for outbound, for arrivals not given but your boarding pass is sufficient
TK (Turkish Airlines) - J arrival
UL (Sri Lankan Airlines) - J/OWS (or above) arrival and departure
VN (Vietnam Airlines) - J departure only

Notes:

1) Immigration seems to only care about the airline stamp. Recent experience continues to be hassle free when the printed date and/or names do not match or are not filled in. YMMV. Edit: In early June (2015) was told by dragon to fill in the name field on the Fast Track voucher. She then checked to see if it matched BP name.

2) If you're inbound to BKK and have not received a voucher onboard the aircraft, be sure to ask!

3) Fast track vouchers do not have to be used on the date issued. If regular immigration queues are short on your arrival date, it's often worthwhile to pocket the voucher for a different arrival date when you may not have premium access (or to give as a gift to friends/family coming to visit).
Print Wikipost

What airlines give pass for BKK Fast Track ?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2013, 4:17 am
Suspended

Programs: RIP
Have a stack of these from previous flights. Didnt even need to hand them over. No idea if they have any expiry. Would probably be transferrable to anyone flying Y. Guess there are members around offering them as well.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 12:33 pm

Programs: Emirates, Thai, TK
I also have a stack of those fast track cards from Emirates and Turkish Airlines.
Emirates changed the cards a while ago so the old ones are no good any more.
The Turkish cards (and new Emirates cards ) have a date on them so theoretically you can't use them after that date.
Also FYI Turkish fast track cards are handed out in the business class air bridge by the ground staff and so far i know on both inbound and outbound flights.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by merijn
I also have a stack of those fast track cards from Emirates and Turkish Airlines.
Emirates changed the cards a while ago so the old ones are no good any more.
The Turkish cards (and new Emirates cards ) have a date on them so theoretically you can't use them after that date.
Also FYI Turkish fast track cards are handed out in the business class air bridge by the ground staff and so far i know on both inbound and outbound flights.
The cards are issued by AoT so I have a difficult time believing Emirates changed anything.

And don't worry about the date, so long as your card is stamped by the airline the rest of the information is completely and totally irrelevant.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37
The cards are issued by AoT so I have a difficult time believing Emirates changed anything.

The cards used by Turkish Airline are issued by AoT.
Emirates are using their own cards which they have and distribute on the plane.
There are different arrangements between AoT and the airlines.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 11:31 pm

And don't worry about the date, so long as your card is stamped by the airline the rest of the information is completely and totally irrelevant.
My thoughts: EK departure fast tracks are issued by AOT and have a space for the airline stamp. EK arrival fast tracks are their own custom card and are issued by EK themselves.

I got an old design one accepted last week without any hesitation.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've been issued fast track by at least 6 different airlines at this point and they've all been the exact same which was the basis of my statement. Granted there's many more airlines who issue FT but I'm rather surprised there's no uniformity.

Originally Posted by ft101
My thoughts: EK departure fast tracks are issued by AOT and have a space for the airline stamp. EK arrival fast tracks are their own custom card and are issued by EK themselves.

I got an old design one accepted last week without any hesitation.
I've never had a problem with wrong date, wrong airline, different name, or no information at all save the airline stamp.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 2:02 am

I've never had a problem with wrong date, wrong airline, different name, or no information at all save the airline stamp.
I should have clarified, the "old" style one I used last week was a Emirates arrival card where there is no stamp of any kind required. The "old" refers to the change in design as mentioned above.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 7:58 am

I should have clarified, the "old" style one I used last week was a Emirates arrival card where there is no stamp of any kind required. The "old" refers to the change in design as mentioned above.
Correct, Both old and new EK cards are EK own branded cards without any stamps dates etc. Only the style card is changed.
So there are different fast track cards use at BKK but probable most are the standard AoT fast track cards with the airline stamp and date on it.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

probable most are the standard AoT fast track cards with the airline stamp and date on it.
Only thing needed for them to be valid is the airline stamp. Nothing else matters.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 11:14 pm

Up until ~2 years ago TG gave out a purple access pass. Subsequently they ended that give out nothing noting that your F/C BP is adequate.
Is it still the case that TG does not give out fast track passes for passengers arriving in C?

Is it also still the case that passengers arriving on TG in C can use the fast track for immigration and/or expedited security lanes?

I am arriving on a TG flight (TPE-BKK) in C and trying to determine how quickly I can make a domestic connection (BKK-USM).
Old Dec 30, 2013, 3:09 am

TG doesn't give out the passes. You just use your boarding pass at immigration. Business is eligible.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 5:12 pm

Maybe a one off, but I'm in the EK lounge just now and exit Fast Track seemed a lot more stringent in their checks.

On the way into the Fast Track area I'm used to just flashing the card and being waved through. Today the guy took it and read the details before allowing me entry.

I don't usually show it to the immigration guy, but he insisted and took it from me before doing his checks.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 7:55 pm

Maybe a one off, but I'm in the EK lounge just now and exit Fast Track seemed a lot more stringent in their checks.

On the way into the Fast Track area I'm used to just flashing the card and being waved through. Today the guy took it and read the details before allowing me entry.

I don't usually show it to the immigration guy, but he insisted and took it from me before doing his checks.
The exit fast track line was always more strict then the arriving fast track area.
At departure they have a person checking your card while at arrival normally nobody checks this.
For the immigration officer it is a hit and miss but my experience tells me that they are asking for the fast track card more and more.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The exit fast track line was always more strict then the arriving fast track area.
At departure they have a person checking your card while at arrival normally nobody checks this.
For the immigration officer it is a hit and miss but my experience tells me that they are asking for the fast track card more and more.
I rarely use the FT cards the day they are given to me. Instead preferring to hold them until they are needed. Sometimes my cards will have the wrong date, wrong airline or not be filled out at all. My wife, with a diff last name, will use mine; sometimes i'll use cards in her name.

A week ago I went through with my parents, all of us using cards in my name that I'd stashed over time. And in a quest to use up the filled in cards I've received every single piece of info was incorrect in regards their BPs.

Nobody cared one whit about anything other than we had cards.

As everything in these forums, an experience or two does not indicate policy.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 10:51 pm

As everything in these forums, an experience or two does not indicate policy.
Indeed, I should have came back and added that the guy in the next seat to me on board still had his, as he stuffed it in the seat back pocket.

Needless to say, it has now been added to my stash.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.