Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

What airlines give pass for BKK Fast Track ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2014, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Flying Yazata
Read me first!

All airlines (although see note about TG) appear to give them departing from Bangkok, so the list below is mostly useful for inbound. It's important to remember that this is Thailand so just because an airline has given them out before is no guide they'll be given out in your case. It's worth asking both air-crew and the ground crew at the gate for them, as they're also occasionally forgotten. Thus the list below tends to reflect "this airline has given them out at least once" rather than being any guide to what will actually happen...

List

AI (Air India) - J arrival and departure
AF (Air France) - J arrival (distributed in the jetway leaving the aircraft), J and W departures
AY (Finnair) - J arrival (jetway) and departure
BA (British Airways) - J arrival and departure (BE AWARE there have been instances where cabin crew have not handed out the pass and when asked either only given to the asking passenger or advised they aren't given out)
CX (Cathay Pacific) - J/F arrival and departure, OWE departure
EK (Emirates) - J/F arrival and departure, Gold and above in Y excluded by local rules
EY (Etihad) - arrival (criteria unknown)
HU (Hainan Airlines) - J departure only
HX (Hong Kong Airlines) - J departure and J arrival
JL (Japan Airlines) - J/F arrival and departure
KE (Korean Air) - J arrival and departure, assume F as well
LX (Swiss Airlines) - J departure
LY (El Al) - arrival and departure for J+F plus KD
MH (Malaysian Airlines) - J arrival and departure, OWE departure
NH (ANA) - departure, J also arrival (4/2016)
OS (Austrian) - J departure
OZ (Asiana) - J arrival and departure (no OZ F service in BKK) (no arrival 26/03/16)
PG (Bangkok Airways) - Blue Ribbon (C) or Premier ongoing for arrival and departure
QR (Qatar Airways) - J arrival and departure, OWS (or above) departure
RJ (Royal Jordanian) - J and OWR (or above) departure, J arrival,OWR (or above) in Y (if you manage to find RJ staff at the jet bridge)
SQ (Singapore Airlines) - J arrival and departure or PPS Club/Solitaire, sometimes on request only
SU (Aeroflot) - J arrival and departure
TG (Thai Airways) - F/J have dedicated security area at airport for outbound, for arrivals not given but your boarding pass is sufficient
TK (Turkish Airlines) - J arrival
UL (Sri Lankan Airlines) - J/OWS (or above) arrival and departure
VN (Vietnam Airlines) - J departure only

Notes:

1) Immigration seems to only care about the airline stamp. Recent experience continues to be hassle free when the printed date and/or names do not match or are not filled in. YMMV. Edit: In early June (2015) was told by dragon to fill in the name field on the Fast Track voucher. She then checked to see if it matched BP name.

2) If you're inbound to BKK and have not received a voucher onboard the aircraft, be sure to ask!

3) Fast track vouchers do not have to be used on the date issued. If regular immigration queues are short on your arrival date, it's often worthwhile to pocket the voucher for a different arrival date when you may not have premium access (or to give as a gift to friends/family coming to visit).
Print Wikipost

What airlines give pass for BKK Fast Track ?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:17 pm

Programs: I travel for fun these days.
Do the airlines have to pay for the vouchers or is it something TAT does for high-value clients? I could see the airport returning the used vouchers to the airline with an invoice in hand....

(even as I type this I'm hearing the voices in my head say nothing is free - 20Bt more for big size. )
Old Jul 1, 2015, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
I didn't get a pass but the sign said First, Business and I thing Gold could use the Fast Track immigration services. I showed my J boarding pass and the staff member pointed me towards the huge regular queue instead of the Fast Track queue with 2 people in it. I said I was J and pointed to the sign saying FT. He again said vaguely to use the regular line. I was getting annoyed now and again said the sign said business class get to use the priority queue and I am priority so I don't understand why I can't use that shorter queue. He then just pointed towards the FT queue and said ok go there. No idea what the problem was.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
I didn't get a pass but the sign said First, Business and I thing Gold could use the Fast Track immigration services. I showed my J boarding pass and the staff member pointed me towards the huge regular queue instead of the Fast Track queue with 2 people in it. I said I was J and pointed to the sign saying FT. He again said vaguely to use the regular line. I was getting annoyed now and again said the sign said business class get to use the priority queue and I am priority so I don't understand why I can't use that shorter queue. He then just pointed towards the FT queue and said ok go there. No idea what the problem was.
Problem is that the airlines pay for the passes. You're not supposed to use the line unless you have the pass. The sign about Business and First is to deter "The Little People" from demanding access. I suspect that you just experienced the Thai personality. Rather than argue just let you in.

Next time make sure the airline gives you the pass.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

MU China Eastern Airlines from PVG to BKK didn't give them out or say anything on the flight but the guard let us use the Fast Track lane anyway (by showing our C boarding pass).
Old Jul 2, 2015, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
No idea what the problem was.
I think the problem was you bullied your way into the facility.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Depends. If that was after a TG J flight then all was fine. If it was using any other airline then you're absolutely correct.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 6:47 pm

Programs: I travel for fun these days.
That is an intersting cultural observation...

So, one of the "cultural sensitivity" sessions I had to go to when relocating here discussed this very specific topic - something they stressed to me as a high-red / alpha-type individual! If any Thai person provides you with an explanation or answer other than "yes", they actually mean "no" - but if you persist you will always get a "yes", even if it's not possible.

How we North American's are willing to work through an issue with unabashed persistence (hey, it's how the West was won), is often viewed by this culture as incredible impoliteness bordering on outright rudeness. That said, there are times when stuff just needs to get done and helping people see through the process to the end goal can be frustrating; it's a delicate balance.

In this case, a voucher is supposed to be presented to utilise the express lanes, but the person guarding the lanes was told "no-one without a pass" even though there may be a sign right in front of you stating J/F passengers only. I this case, two and two does not equal four; which source of info is correct? Whichever source of info the worker was told to follow. The local person may not have the English comprehension to fully understand the sign, and sign is not written clearly to being with (J/F with voucher), and the passenger did not understand they needed a voucher. So does the fault lie with the guard that's just following his orders, or on the airline not supplying the necessary voucher, or the individual thinking that an English-language sign in Thailand actually means anything.

Also, OZ J provided an outbound voucher.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
No. I did not bully my way in. The sign said First and Business class Thai Airlines passengers which I was. There was no mention on the sign I needed a pass. I only needed to be J or F. Therefore, according to the sign I was allowed to go to the priority line.

I was never asked if I had a pass.

Last edited by Annalisa12; Jul 3, 2015 at 10:15 pm
Old Jul 4, 2015, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No. I did not bully my way in. The sign said First and Business class Thai Airlines passengers which I was. There was no mention on the sign I needed a pass. I only needed to be J or F. Therefore, according to the sign I was allowed to go to the priority line.

I was never asked if I had a pass.
TG doesn't give passes; your BP is sufficient.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 4:04 am

Programs: hh diamond,Qantas club life,AA EX-explat.SPG plat.
Arrived on AY flying J.
No passes given out on board but at arrival gate a list of names up of J pax to get FT passes.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 4:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Any recent experience on whether DL gives out the fast track passes in either direction for their NRT-BKK and vv flights (for top tier DL elites) in business class? This is an arrival close to midnight and departure at 7 am.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 7:29 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
DL definitely gives out the pass to DeltaOne pax upon departure, always have since the merger. I can't recall DL ever giving them out on board for use upon arrival, though I have a vague recollection that once or twice ground staff may have been waiting on the forward jetway to hand out the cards to arriving Business pax.

For just this sort of situation, when your airline doesn't give you the card, can you use an old card that you happened to have because you got it but didn't use it on a prior trip?
Old Aug 8, 2015, 10:15 am

Programs: The Embassy
Originally Posted by MegatopLover
For just this sort of situation, when your airline doesn't give you the card, can you use an old card that you happened to have because you got it but didn't use it on a prior trip?
Depends how diligent the airline are about writing on your pass, but I have many times with QR
Old Aug 8, 2015, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MegatopLover

Absolutely yes. In June I was requested, for the first and only time, to write my name on the Fast Track card and they checked it against my BP. This was to enter the security area. It hasn't happened since.

Originally Posted by zebrametalevel
Depends how diligent the airline are about writing on your pass, but I have many times with QR
I recently used an FT card obtained from UA. I've recently used up almost all of my older cards with writing; one of those cards was from a PG flight from 2013. Nobody cares one whit what's written on the cards (or not written at all) with the exception mentioned above. Which happened all of once.

Granted anything could happen at any time but my track record indicates having a Fast Track card (with airline stamp) is the only thing that matters.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
Absolutely yes. In June I was requested, for the first and only time, to write my name on the Fast Track card and they checked it against my BP. This was to enter the security area. It hasn't happened since.
IME, the last three times on departure from BKK (on QR), there has been an agent at the entrance to Fast Track instructing passengers to fill in their name on the card. I just say "Yes, OK", walk past, and have never been challenged.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.