Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

What airlines give pass for BKK Fast Track ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2014, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Flying Yazata
Read me first!

All airlines (although see note about TG) appear to give them departing from Bangkok, so the list below is mostly useful for inbound. It's important to remember that this is Thailand so just because an airline has given them out before is no guide they'll be given out in your case. It's worth asking both air-crew and the ground crew at the gate for them, as they're also occasionally forgotten. Thus the list below tends to reflect "this airline has given them out at least once" rather than being any guide to what will actually happen...

List

AI (Air India) - J arrival and departure
AF (Air France) - J arrival (distributed in the jetway leaving the aircraft), J and W departures
AY (Finnair) - J arrival (jetway) and departure
BA (British Airways) - J arrival and departure (BE AWARE there have been instances where cabin crew have not handed out the pass and when asked either only given to the asking passenger or advised they aren't given out)
CX (Cathay Pacific) - J/F arrival and departure, OWE departure
EK (Emirates) - J/F arrival and departure, Gold and above in Y excluded by local rules
EY (Etihad) - arrival (criteria unknown)
HU (Hainan Airlines) - J departure only
HX (Hong Kong Airlines) - J departure and J arrival
JL (Japan Airlines) - J/F arrival and departure
KE (Korean Air) - J arrival and departure, assume F as well
LX (Swiss Airlines) - J departure
LY (El Al) - arrival and departure for J+F plus KD
MH (Malaysian Airlines) - J arrival and departure, OWE departure
NH (ANA) - departure, J also arrival (4/2016)
OS (Austrian) - J departure
OZ (Asiana) - J arrival and departure (no OZ F service in BKK) (no arrival 26/03/16)
PG (Bangkok Airways) - Blue Ribbon (C) or Premier ongoing for arrival and departure
QR (Qatar Airways) - J arrival and departure, OWS (or above) departure
RJ (Royal Jordanian) - J and OWR (or above) departure, J arrival,OWR (or above) in Y (if you manage to find RJ staff at the jet bridge)
SQ (Singapore Airlines) - J arrival and departure or PPS Club/Solitaire, sometimes on request only
SU (Aeroflot) - J arrival and departure
TG (Thai Airways) - F/J have dedicated security area at airport for outbound, for arrivals not given but your boarding pass is sufficient
TK (Turkish Airlines) - J arrival
UL (Sri Lankan Airlines) - J/OWS (or above) arrival and departure
VN (Vietnam Airlines) - J departure only

Notes:

1) Immigration seems to only care about the airline stamp. Recent experience continues to be hassle free when the printed date and/or names do not match or are not filled in. YMMV. Edit: In early June (2015) was told by dragon to fill in the name field on the Fast Track voucher. She then checked to see if it matched BP name.

2) If you're inbound to BKK and have not received a voucher onboard the aircraft, be sure to ask!

3) Fast track vouchers do not have to be used on the date issued. If regular immigration queues are short on your arrival date, it's often worthwhile to pocket the voucher for a different arrival date when you may not have premium access (or to give as a gift to friends/family coming to visit).
Print Wikipost

What airlines give pass for BKK Fast Track ?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2014, 8:33 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by stimpy
If you scroll up in this thread you will see that yes, but only for business class passengers. Not for elites in economy, although if you ask nicely they can bend the rules.
Thank you. I searched this thread multiple times and did not see the reference. I did see your post #145 but then I saw a reference to alimited time promotion for KLM and then I thought it was only for KLM.

Many thanks for your response. I am rather worried as I have to make a connection to TG and have a 3 hour connection time. According to flight stats, the AF arrival from CDG is usually 36-60 minutes or more late, so that cuts my transfer time down to 2 hrs to make my flight. 1st time for me on AF as I am usually *A and know that ANA, and BR give the premium cards, and with TG one uses the boarding pass.

Last edited by Transpacificflyer; Oct 13, 2014 at 8:42 pm
Old Oct 14, 2014, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
My last time on both AF and KL we were on time, but you never know. And you never know when various other problems can happen. Maybe someone forgets to load on the Fast Track passes. Or maybe the day before your flight they cancel the program. Or maybe there is a lengthy mechanical or weather delay. These are the risks you take with connections.

And I do not recall anyone at AF or KL saying this was a limited promotion. From what I know it's a permanent benefit for business class pax.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 4:23 am

Recently flew VN into BKK, alighted from the plane and got all the way to immigration before realizing no FT pass was handed out, went to normal line but was very long so went to FT lanes, only had my boarding pass which got me chastised by the immi officer, i managed to talk my way through but was told, normally no pass no go.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1k, Marriott Lifetime PE, Former DL Gold, Former SQ Solitaire, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
Thank you. I searched this thread multiple times and did not see the reference. I did see your post #145 but then I saw a reference to alimited time promotion for KLM and then I thought it was only for KLM.

Many thanks for your response. I am rather worried as I have to make a connection to TG and have a 3 hour connection time. According to flight stats, the AF arrival from CDG is usually 36-60 minutes or more late, so that cuts my transfer time down to 2 hrs to make my flight. 1st time for me on AF as I am usually *A and know that ANA, and BR give the premium cards, and with TG one uses the boarding pass.
If you're that concerned, you can always pay for the Fast Trak pass.

http://www.limousine.in.th/fast-trac...FU9T4god8yQATw
Old Jan 23, 2015, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Will Etihad provide Fast Track for Business class passengers?
Old Jan 30, 2015, 11:35 am

Programs: AC*SE, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
OZ

Any recent experiences on Asiana?
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:36 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by stimpy
My last time on both AF and KL we were on time, but you never know. And you never know when various other problems can happen. Maybe someone forgets to load on the Fast Track passes. Or maybe the day before your flight they cancel the program. Or maybe there is a lengthy mechanical or weather delay. These are the risks you take with connections.

And I do not recall anyone at AF or KL saying this was a limited promotion. From what I know it's a permanent benefit for business class pax.
Belated update- Yes received the pass, but did not need it. Regular immigration hall was empty. The slight late arrival meant that the big rush associated with several big birds landing near the same time was missed.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 11:42 am

jl707 jl 708

Anyone have recent experience with fast pass on JL707 and JL708 ?
Old Jun 28, 2015, 8:11 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Mike Murphy
Anyone have recent experience with fast pass on JL707 and JL708 ?
The top of the page says JL for arrival only....that would be JL 707, correct?

If you find out differently, I'd be interested in knowing since I'll be on JL 708 in the not too distant future.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 10:05 am

Programs: aa lifetime platinum, ba club, delta sky club, delta sky miles, delta sky club life,kal skypass
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
The top of the page says JL for arrival only....that would be JL 707, correct?

If you find out differently, I'd be interested in knowing since I'll be on JL 708 in the not too distant future.
JL708 should give pass for exiting through customs,
however fresh info would be good to know.

we are on JL708 26 aug
Old Jun 30, 2015, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by murphyjunk

we are on JL708 26 aug
Customs is normally a breeze but a Fasttrack pass won't make any difference there. It's benefit comes in skipping any queues at immigration.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 2:04 am

Programs: The Embassy
Originally Posted by murphyjunk

we are on JL708 26 aug
Had it in both directions on JL728 BKK-KIX, a few weeks ago.

Irritatingly they take the time to actually write the flight number and date on it, unlike QR, so you can't simply recycle the outbound ones for when they forget to give you an inbound one!
Old Jun 30, 2015, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by zebrametalevel
Had it in both directions on JL728 BKK-KIX, a few weeks ago.

Irritatingly they take the time to actually write the flight number and date on it, unlike QR, so you can't simply recycle the outbound ones for when they forget to give you an inbound one!
I used an old UA one with everything filled in just 2 months ago. The only thing I have been told, and it was only once, is my name needs to be written on the card. I've recycled old ones a number of times already.

I'm waiting to see if this is repeated next time I go through.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
I used an old UA one with everything filled in just 2 months ago. The only thing I have been told, and it was only once, is my name needs to be written on the card. I've recycled old ones a number of times already.

I'm waiting to see if this is repeated next time I go through.
I do the same. If the regular queue looks okay, I use that and pocket the Fast Track pass for another time (or to give away to someone). Still using some old United ones, and have not yet been questioned either inbound or outbound.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 4:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Gold
Thought I would add my experiences here:

April 2014
LHR-BKK, BA J - Premium Passes actively handed out with landing cards whilst still in air
BKK-LHR, BA J - Premium Pass handed out at Check In

August 2014
LHR-BKK, BA J - Premium Passes actively handed out with landing cards whilst still in air
BKK-LHR, BA J - Premium Pass handed out at Check In

December 2014
DOH-BKK, QR J - Premium Passes NOT handed out, Cabin Crew stood at door with them in hand and was not actively offering them out, one or two behind appeared to have asked for one and were given them

January 2015
BKK-DOH, QR J - Premium Pass handed out at Check In

April 2015
LHR-BKK, BA J - Premium Pass NOT handed by Cabin Crew to anyone. I prompted one of the CC and he gave one to me and my seat mate only
BKK-HKG, CX J - Premium Pass handed out at Check In

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.