Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

What airlines give pass for BKK Fast Track ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2014, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Flying Yazata
Read me first!

All airlines (although see note about TG) appear to give them departing from Bangkok, so the list below is mostly useful for inbound. It's important to remember that this is Thailand so just because an airline has given them out before is no guide they'll be given out in your case. It's worth asking both air-crew and the ground crew at the gate for them, as they're also occasionally forgotten. Thus the list below tends to reflect "this airline has given them out at least once" rather than being any guide to what will actually happen...

List

AI (Air India) - J arrival and departure
AF (Air France) - J arrival (distributed in the jetway leaving the aircraft), J and W departures
AY (Finnair) - J arrival (jetway) and departure
BA (British Airways) - J arrival and departure (BE AWARE there have been instances where cabin crew have not handed out the pass and when asked either only given to the asking passenger or advised they aren't given out)
CX (Cathay Pacific) - J/F arrival and departure, OWE departure
EK (Emirates) - J/F arrival and departure, Gold and above in Y excluded by local rules
EY (Etihad) - arrival (criteria unknown)
HU (Hainan Airlines) - J departure only
HX (Hong Kong Airlines) - J departure and J arrival
JL (Japan Airlines) - J/F arrival and departure
KE (Korean Air) - J arrival and departure, assume F as well
LX (Swiss Airlines) - J departure
LY (El Al) - arrival and departure for J+F plus KD
MH (Malaysian Airlines) - J arrival and departure, OWE departure
NH (ANA) - departure, J also arrival (4/2016)
OS (Austrian) - J departure
OZ (Asiana) - J arrival and departure (no OZ F service in BKK) (no arrival 26/03/16)
PG (Bangkok Airways) - Blue Ribbon (C) or Premier ongoing for arrival and departure
QR (Qatar Airways) - J arrival and departure, OWS (or above) departure
RJ (Royal Jordanian) - J and OWR (or above) departure, J arrival,OWR (or above) in Y (if you manage to find RJ staff at the jet bridge)
SQ (Singapore Airlines) - J arrival and departure or PPS Club/Solitaire, sometimes on request only
SU (Aeroflot) - J arrival and departure
TG (Thai Airways) - F/J have dedicated security area at airport for outbound, for arrivals not given but your boarding pass is sufficient
TK (Turkish Airlines) - J arrival
UL (Sri Lankan Airlines) - J/OWS (or above) arrival and departure
VN (Vietnam Airlines) - J departure only

Notes:

1) Immigration seems to only care about the airline stamp. Recent experience continues to be hassle free when the printed date and/or names do not match or are not filled in. YMMV. Edit: In early June (2015) was told by dragon to fill in the name field on the Fast Track voucher. She then checked to see if it matched BP name.

2) If you're inbound to BKK and have not received a voucher onboard the aircraft, be sure to ask!

3) Fast track vouchers do not have to be used on the date issued. If regular immigration queues are short on your arrival date, it's often worthwhile to pocket the voucher for a different arrival date when you may not have premium access (or to give as a gift to friends/family coming to visit).
Print Wikipost

What airlines give pass for BKK Fast Track ?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2013, 8:09 am
Hvr

Programs: QF LTG:
Got one from Qantas recently, both inwards and outwards. Really helped in speeding up the process.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 1:54 am

Programs: United 1K
My first time getting the pass, last month.

United. both ways^
Old Aug 19, 2013, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Just used it on Malaysia Airlines. Saved A LOT of time and well worth the C fare.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by donho00
My first time getting the pass, last month.

United. both ways^

I think UA *G and C/F pax get Fast Track departing BKK. Arrival Fast Track for UA is only C/F pax.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 7:39 am

What is this Fast trak? Is it for immigration? Security line?
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bloodshot2k
What is this Fast trak? Is it for immigration? Security line?
Yes and yes. It's an expedited security/immi pass.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 7:10 pm

FYI - I got myself all worked up over the fact that Delta doesn't hand out Fast Trak. But then the 747 from NRT didn't go to a gate. We were bused in to a different immigration area with zero queue. Moral of the story is - ya never know.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 9:33 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
Originally Posted by ukdave0
... But then the 747 from NRT didn't go to a gate. We were bused in to a different immigration area with zero queue.
What "different immigration area" was this? AFAIK there are only 2 (+1 FastTrack in between) immigration ingress points, all of them at the center of D concourse. My experience (e.g. TG) has been the bus takes you the basement of D so saving you a walk. Counterbalanced by bus wait times.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ukdave0
FYI - I got myself all worked up over the fact that Delta doesn't hand out Fast Trak. But then the 747 from NRT didn't go to a gate. We were bused in to a different immigration area with zero queue. Moral of the story is - ya never know.
Originally Posted by tide
What "different immigration area" was this? AFAIK there are only 2 (+1 FastTrack in between) immigration ingress points, all of them at the center of D concourse. My experience (e.g. TG) has been the bus takes you the basement of D so saving you a walk. Counterbalanced by bus wait times.
Correct, there is only one international bus drop off area and IIRC it's under D4. The domestic bus drop off is around D3.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 1:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by zarkov505
CX gave me one on an outbound flight BKK-HKG, but that was a special case: They'd moved me from the 7:00 PM flight, which was delayed, to the 4:00 PM flight, and it was about 3:30 PM. I am physically incapable of running, but I made a straight no-stops walk from the checkin counter, through the Fast Track line, to the gate. They were JUST finishing Seasons (elite) boarding as I arrived, just about to start general Coach boarding. I was the last Seasons passenger to board (and I'm sure the fact that I was on a cane didn't hurt).
For CX, are the FastTrak cards handed to you when you check-in at your departure airport to BKK? Or are they handed out on board the flight?

Will be flying into BKK on CX in Y, but will be a OW Emerald when my trip begins. Want to make sure I ask for a pass if one isn't given to me automatically, as I have a pretty tight connection on a flight to USM.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by StephenW

Will be flying into BKK on CX in Y, but will be a OW Emerald when my trip begins. Want to make sure I ask for a pass if one isn't given to me automatically, as I have a pretty tight connection on a flight to USM.
There is no FastTrack for the int-dom immigration area at the A/B/C/D confluence. The lanes are in the main area around D4/D5 gates and will shunt you streetside where you'd then need to head up to Floor 4 and reenter security at the back of counter C area.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dsquared37
There is no FastTrack for the int-dom immigration area at the A/B/C/D confluence. The lanes are in the main area around D4/D5 gates and will shunt you streetside where you'd then need to head up to Floor 4 and reenter security at the back of counter C area.
Thank you for the detailed reply.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 2:00 pm

Programs: NEXUS, UA Club
I will be flying TK to BKK. Does TK provide the fast track card in flight, or at check in? I am curious because I will be checking in at YYZ so if they hand the pass out at check in at IST, how do I go about getting one? Thanks.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 4:15 pm

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Originally Posted by Chiro1979
I will be flying TK to BKK. Does TK provide the fast track card in flight, or at check in? I am curious because I will be checking in at YYZ so if they hand the pass out at check in at IST, how do I go about getting one? Thanks.
Would like to know this as well. Traveling with TK 30 Nov from GOT
Old Sep 25, 2013, 10:13 pm

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Chiro1979
I will be flying TK to BKK. Does TK provide the fast track card in flight, or at check in?
Inbound (IST - BKK) I didn't get one 12 days ago, outbound I got a fast track pass which is nice to avoid the long queues at night

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.