Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

What airlines give pass for BKK Fast Track ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2014, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Flying Yazata
Read me first!

All airlines (although see note about TG) appear to give them departing from Bangkok, so the list below is mostly useful for inbound. It's important to remember that this is Thailand so just because an airline has given them out before is no guide they'll be given out in your case. It's worth asking both air-crew and the ground crew at the gate for them, as they're also occasionally forgotten. Thus the list below tends to reflect "this airline has given them out at least once" rather than being any guide to what will actually happen...

List

AI (Air India) - J arrival and departure
AF (Air France) - J arrival (distributed in the jetway leaving the aircraft), J and W departures
AY (Finnair) - J arrival (jetway) and departure
BA (British Airways) - J arrival and departure (BE AWARE there have been instances where cabin crew have not handed out the pass and when asked either only given to the asking passenger or advised they aren't given out)
CX (Cathay Pacific) - J/F arrival and departure, OWE departure
EK (Emirates) - J/F arrival and departure, Gold and above in Y excluded by local rules
EY (Etihad) - arrival (criteria unknown)
HU (Hainan Airlines) - J departure only
HX (Hong Kong Airlines) - J departure and J arrival
JL (Japan Airlines) - J/F arrival and departure
KE (Korean Air) - J arrival and departure, assume F as well
LX (Swiss Airlines) - J departure
LY (El Al) - arrival and departure for J+F plus KD
MH (Malaysian Airlines) - J arrival and departure, OWE departure
NH (ANA) - departure, J also arrival (4/2016)
OS (Austrian) - J departure
OZ (Asiana) - J arrival and departure (no OZ F service in BKK) (no arrival 26/03/16)
PG (Bangkok Airways) - Blue Ribbon (C) or Premier ongoing for arrival and departure
QR (Qatar Airways) - J arrival and departure, OWS (or above) departure
RJ (Royal Jordanian) - J and OWR (or above) departure, J arrival,OWR (or above) in Y (if you manage to find RJ staff at the jet bridge)
SQ (Singapore Airlines) - J arrival and departure or PPS Club/Solitaire, sometimes on request only
SU (Aeroflot) - J arrival and departure
TG (Thai Airways) - F/J have dedicated security area at airport for outbound, for arrivals not given but your boarding pass is sufficient
TK (Turkish Airlines) - J arrival
UL (Sri Lankan Airlines) - J/OWS (or above) arrival and departure
VN (Vietnam Airlines) - J departure only

Notes:

1) Immigration seems to only care about the airline stamp. Recent experience continues to be hassle free when the printed date and/or names do not match or are not filled in. YMMV. Edit: In early June (2015) was told by dragon to fill in the name field on the Fast Track voucher. She then checked to see if it matched BP name.

2) If you're inbound to BKK and have not received a voucher onboard the aircraft, be sure to ask!

3) Fast track vouchers do not have to be used on the date issued. If regular immigration queues are short on your arrival date, it's often worthwhile to pocket the voucher for a different arrival date when you may not have premium access (or to give as a gift to friends/family coming to visit).
Print Wikipost

What airlines give pass for BKK Fast Track ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2012, 10:43 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Arrived on TG518 in C, no fast track pass provided. Fortunately i had booked the BFS meet/greet service which includes fast track.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Arrived on TG518 in C, no fast track pass provided. Fortunately i had booked the BFS meet/greet service which includes fast track.
You're BP is (supposed to be) your ticket to Fast Track. I'd hazard the BFS cost was wasted money.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 2:09 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by dsquared37
You're BP is (supposed to be) your ticket to Fast Track. I'd hazard the BFS cost was wasted money.
700TB so not much money wasted, if true.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
700TB so not much money wasted, if true.
You're rigth, not so much. From what i can remember that's one of the cheaper services around.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 5:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK E, HHonors Gold
Finnair gives fast track vouchers after you have deplaned. There is a person from ground handling with a name list waiting for business passengers.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37
You're rigth, not so much. From what i can remember that's one of the cheaper services around.
I forgot to mention that i was in C as a result of an upgrade for cash that I paid for at check-in. By that time, it would have been too late to canx the BFS service anyway. In the end, I got the desired result so ^.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stimpy
Sorry to tell you this, but you went into the wrong line. The fast track/crew immigration and security scan is nowhere near the genpop area. The fast track security is directly behind the immigration desks.

Not sure what to say, I went through a smallish door at the end on the M/N desks labeled "Air Crew" and "Premium Lane" and "Diplomatic, Official, Air Crew, ABTC, BOI, Buddhist Monks, Handicap". This is ~ mid-terminal, under what used to be "Passport Control #2". It was a very small area with two WTMDs, so we cleared security first then I went into what looked like a very large Immigration Hall. Maybe this was just for Fast Track?

I've been to the airport twice since, meeting family, and did not see any other "Fast Track" entrances. There is an air pass holder entrance, closer to Passport Control #3 (West Departing Immigration Hall), but I am pretty sure that is for people who work air-side?

Is there a Fast Track area closer to the East Departing Immigration Hall (Passport Control #1)? I didn't see it today?

Finally, what is the procedure for Fast Track departing? Security, then Immigration?

And for regular departures it it Immigration first then Security?
Old Jul 15, 2012, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by transpac

Finally, what is the procedure for Fast Track departing? Security, then Immigration?

And for regular departures it it Immigration first then Security?
Prior to the new setup the regular immigration process came before security. Now it is reversed.

Previously CIP Fast Track had security before immigration but I haven't been through the new CIP process and instead pocketed the coupons for later use. I'm hoping they keep the order the same as it was before.

When exiting last weekend it appeared that the only way into regular immigration was by the escalators coming down from in between the two security setups upstairs. Coming off the escalators, which come down toward the checkin desks, to the left (west) is for Thai nationals and to the right (east) is for foreign passports.

Judging purely by where the old CIP Fast Track was located, the only way you could find yourself in the regular immigration scrum would necessitate walking past the Thai national desks and the escalator to the foreign desks. This would be unseemly.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
If they have done some work recently, perhaps my info is out of date. I was last there two months ago. If you face the terminal from the street, the fast track I used is towards the right end of the terminal. First is the passport check, then security. This is in a small area and the passport desks are labeled Crew or Premium (or some words to that effect) and the officer takes your fast track pass. Then you walk behind to a small security area with two scanners. Each time I have gone through it has been about 5 minutes for the whole "ordeal".
Old Jul 15, 2012, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stimpy
If they have done some work recently, perhaps my info is out of date. I was last there two months ago. If you face the terminal from the street, the fast track I used is towards the right end of the terminal. First is the passport check, then security. This is in a small area and the passport desks are labeled Crew or Premium (or some words to that effect) and the officer takes your fast track pass. Then you walk behind to a small security area with two scanners. Each time I have gone through it has been about 5 minutes for the whole "ordeal".
Yes, I suspect things are totally different now. I departed June 27, so more recently than you, and did also check out options at the airport yesterday.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 9:23 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold and Virgin America for a few months
I got Fast Track from United this morning at 4:30am or so . I was a Plat last month but somehow got downgraded to a Silver ! So I had to "discuss" this with the supervisor so I could check in my 3 bags for free ( the same ones I arrived with 3 weeks ago) and asked for Fast Track and was given it after the agent saying that the line was not long this early at the regular line ,

No line at security and no line at immigration ,

Soarer
Old Jul 18, 2012, 1:21 pm

Programs: Emirates, Thai, TK
The sequence for fast track is still the same as security first and passport control second.
Only it is a little difficult to find fast track those days due to the renovations going on.
It is still at the right side of the terminal where is a small opening in the barriers with a sign Air Crew, Diplomat and CIP ( Fast Track )
First you have security and after a short walk going left and right you are at the passport control.
I don’t know for how long this will be as they are redesigning everything.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just a quick update: Passport Control 2, aka the East Departing Immigration Hall has been moved up to level 5. I believe this is a new hall, perhaps only opened recently. It also looks like they are (still) building a similar hall on level 5 at passport Control 3, although this West Departing Immigration hall is still accessed from level 4. There are two Fast Track entry points on level 4 adjacent to both halls.

This map (level 4) shows the approximate location of Passport Cnntrol 2 (end of check in aisles L & M) and Passport Control 3 (end of check in aisles T & U).

http://www.suvarnabhumiairport.com/i...e_inter_en.jpg
Old Aug 16, 2012, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA PLAT (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA*S, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by Rambuster
CX hand out fasttrack for C.
Anyone know if this is still the case for CX? I am planning on flying HKG-BKK-HKG C award... I am AA EXP/OW Emerald. I have only flown on TG in and out of BKK. Thanks!
Old Aug 18, 2012, 1:24 pm

Programs: EK Siver, Dusit Gold, Cycling Proficiency Test, Tufty Club Member and Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
anyone know if BA hand them out ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.