Wiki Posts
Search

Best TG or Star Alliance Lounge in BKK

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2019, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi

Astonishing! Which was the ‘this lounge’ that you posted from? I assume you didn’t re-enter the SQ lounge...

Akthough I cannot usually be bothered these days, I am not aware of any airline policy or Star policy that limits the number of lounge visits. In my experience only the ‘lounge is full, please use XX lounge’ reason/excuse has been used with me (once a long time ago)
Absoulutely, never came across this before, re entry denied
Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:49 am

Programs: TG*G
Sorry the pics didn't upload! Check below.

As for amenities, there's a shower stall in the main toilets but it's oddly exposed and feels a bit industrial. I've only used the EVA showers before and they're far nicer.

Chairs were fairly standard.

One thing I noticed on the way to the gate was how their stand up banners advertise all Star Alliance airlines as the focus rather than SQ & others who advertise themselves. It's clear that they're trying to skim off as many Star Alliance passengers as possible.

If the food offering improves, I'll be back. Otherwise, I'd rate it a solid third (ahead of TG but after BR & SQ lounges). Hope all this helps!

Pita & dips. Hopefully they'll put that oven to use in the future?

Tuna sandwiches.

Quiet room

Turkish coffee

Bar

Work space
LPQ, FlyingJoy, BinSabai and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 5:17 am

Programs: TG*Gold
Originally Posted by bmi_Barry

As for amenities, there's a shower stall in the main toilets but it's oddly exposed and feels a bit industrial. I've only used the EVA showers before and they're far nicer.

One thing I noticed on the way to the gate was how their stand up banners advertise all Star Alliance airlines as the focus rather than SQ & others who advertise themselves. It's clear that they're trying to skim off as many Star Alliance passengers as possible.

If the food offering improves, I'll be back. Otherwise, I'd rate it a solid third (ahead of TG but after BR & SQ lounges). Hope all this helps!

Pita & dips. Hopefully they'll put that oven to use in the future?

Tuna sandwiches.

Quiet room

Turkish coffee

Bar

Work space
Thanks for posting pictures. I will be there soon too
Old Mar 8, 2019, 7:48 am

Astonishing! Which was the ‘this lounge’ that you posted from? I assume you didn’t re-enter the SQ lounge...

Akthough I cannot usually be bothered these days, I am not aware of any airline policy or Star policy that limits the number of lounge visits. In my experience only the ‘lounge is full, please use XX lounge’ reason/excuse has been used with me (once a long time ago)
Was also told that the Lounge was already full with my J TG ticket as well at SQ lounge. But I insisted that my family is already inside the lounge so they let me in.

Anyhow, the SQ lounge was REALLY happening around 1600-1800. TG D lounge was boring in comparison.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM

Thank you very much.

Doesn't look like my future first choice ...
UAuhoh and chris63 like this.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 12:32 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
thanks for posting TK lounge pictures!
Food offering seem to be worse then at one of the TG lounge
anybody know opening times? if they want to make money with some of the *A passengers they need to be longer open then SQ
phrasuthon likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 1:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by phrasuthon
Last Saturday i visited SQ lounge. Went out for less than hour to make duty free shopping and meet my friend who was flying in different alliance. After that I went back. Staff changed and I was refused to enter again. They asked me to find different lounge. (How stupid is that? ) So I asked why ? My plane was just in front of this lounge and I definitely didn;'t want to go to BR or TG. Staff couldn't tell me why ....
SQ does this from time to time, usually to *G pax flying other airlines. Sometimes they will claim lounge is at capacity, other times they will claim you do not have a right of entry as a *G. It is just one of those SQ quirks, where they follow their own rules.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 11:35 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 1MM,, AA Exec Plat. Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee
SQ does this from time to time, usually to *G pax flying other airlines. Sometimes they will claim lounge is at capacity, other times they will claim you do not have a right of entry as a *G. It is just one of those SQ quirks, where they follow their own rules.
Does anyone know how crowded the SQ BKK lounge is around the 7-9am hours? We have a TG flight and it sounds like the SQ option is our best bet. Thanks!
Old Mar 11, 2019, 5:11 pm

Programs: TG*G
Originally Posted by globetraveler

Does anyone know how crowded the SQ BKK lounge is around the 7-9am hours? We have a TG flight and it sounds like the SQ option is our best bet. Thanks!
It's my lounge of choice for morning flights. It's usually fairly empty before 8am from my experience. My flights usually leave around then though so can't give more detail after. The breakfast is very good and the bar will make you an excellent smoothie.
RTWFF, BinSabai and kaffir76 like this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 1MM,, AA Exec Plat. Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
It's my lounge of choice for morning flights. It's usually fairly empty before 8am from my experience. My flights usually leave around then though so can't give more detail after. The breakfast is very good and the bar will make you an excellent smoothie.
Thanks BMI_Barry! Appreciate the tip. Sounds like this will be our go to choice. We’re TG biz + *A, so hoping it won’t be an issue with our +1 guest(s).
Old Mar 11, 2019, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold

Thanks BMI_Barry! Appreciate the tip. Sounds like this will be our go to choice. We’re TG biz + *A, so hoping it won’t be an issue with our +1 guest(s).
By *A did you mean having *G status?

You will need to hold Star Gold status if you want to bring any non-biz guests, not just be a member of a Star Alliance Program. Biz pax have no guesting entitlements.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 8:53 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum

By *A did you mean having *G status?

You will need to hold Star Gold status if you want to bring any non-biz guests, not just be a member of a Star Alliance Program. Biz pax have no guesting entitlements.
exactly!
F and no Status: one guest
J and no Status: no guest
Y and *G: one guest
Old Mar 14, 2019, 5:50 pm

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
As BMI_Barry already pointed out, it is fairly empty in the early morning.
If you search by my username, I think I may have posted some pics of the b/fast offering at the SQ lounge a few months back.
And you can get a Singaporean b/fast of nasi lemak while you are there

Probably not the right place to discuss the TK lounge but I'll pop by at the end of the month .. but the best lounge for me is SQ followed by BR for their really late closing time (2am-3am) & when I have an early 6am-7am flight the next morning..
Old Mar 14, 2019, 10:36 pm
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
From recent experience (Jan 2019) it did start to fill up prior to the departure of SQ973 at 09:45.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 4:31 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Based on a promotional email from TG received overnight the answer to the thread title's question has to be "any lounge but a TG lounge". According to the email they are selling 2.5 hours lounge access for roughly USD50. I've always found TG's Business Class/*G lounges crowded and cramped - no wonder
chris63 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.