Best TG or Star Alliance Lounge in BKK

Old Feb 16, 19, 10:45 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Programs: SAS -TG
Posts: 39
Best TG or Star Alliance Lounge in BKK

Best star alliance gold card lounge in BKK??
Thanks guys
HKT CPH is offline  
Old Feb 16, 19, 4:06 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Auckland / New Delhi
Programs: TG, SQ. Amex
Posts: 212
SQ is my pick at the moment, good food selection good bar. It gets a bit crowded sometimes though. The TG lounges are pretty worn out and sad with limited food and drink but there is a new TG lounge under construction, let's see how that is.
WLG Base and HKT CPH like this.
Flyingbiker is offline  
Old Feb 16, 19, 5:23 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 3,712
SQ or BR. And there is a thread about a soon-to-open TK lounge, which could be interesting, depending on when your flight is.
HKT CPH likes this.
worldclubber is offline  
Old Feb 16, 19, 7:45 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BKK
Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Posts: 5,480
for me BR > SQ > TG in C/E > TG in D
BR has a good offering in food & beverage, showers, open until late, but a bit far if your departure is for example in C or low D
SQ also pretty good in food & beverage (some say the best), but no showers, close rel. early
worldclubber and HKT CPH like this.
BinSabai is offline  
Old Feb 18, 19, 8:59 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: On an A380
Programs: *G
Posts: 192
I agree with BR or SQ being the best choices, but still, I always pop by one of the TG lounges to grab a few of the tasty Thai desserts which they serve at all hours of the day (luk chup, sticky rice, coconut sago pudding, etc)!
BinSabai likes this.
FlyingJoy is offline  
Old Feb 18, 19, 8:06 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BKK
Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Posts: 5,480
Originally Posted by FlyingJoy View Post
I agree with BR or SQ being the best choices, but still, I always pop by one of the TG lounges to grab a few of the tasty Thai desserts which they serve at all hours of the day (luk chup, sticky rice, coconut sago pudding, etc)!
any pictures?
probably not many FT Members know those, in particular luk chub ลูกชุบ
BinSabai is offline  
Old Feb 18, 19, 8:19 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: PPQ/WLG/BKK
Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
Posts: 7,741
Originally Posted by BinSabai View Post
any pictures?
probably not many FT Members know those, in particular luk chub ลูกชุบ
I have eaten these, but confess to not really liking them. That said, I am not too much into desserts generally - with a few exceptions.

Generic picture from the wiki link, not the actual lounge offering: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luk_chup



FlyingJoy likes this.

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Feb 18, 19 at 8:38 pm
Thai-Kiwi is offline  
Old Feb 18, 19, 8:31 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BKK
Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Posts: 5,480
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi View Post
I have eaten these, but confess to not really liking them. That said, I am not too much into desserts generally - with a few exceptions.
thanks Thai-Kiwi, I know luk chub...just asked Flying Joy for some pictures from the lounges to show other members, what they are missing...
Thai-Kiwi and FlyingJoy like this.
BinSabai is offline  
Old Feb 19, 19, 12:44 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: On an A380
Programs: *G
Posts: 192
Originally Posted by BinSabai View Post
any pictures?
probably not many FT Members know those, in particular luk chub ลูกชุบ
Yes, here's one from last July. Banana sticky rice, luk chub, and coconut sago pudding.

Excuse the somewhat poor lighting - which is a problem that most of the TG lounges at BKK suffer from

On a side note, this was taken at 0530 at BKK, after a long flight in from Europe. I lounge-hopped from TG to BR to SQ and ate three rounds of buffet breakfast before my next flight at 0800. Looking forward to adding the new TK lounge to the menu when I fly through mid this year

Thai-Kiwi and BinSabai like this.

Last edited by FlyingJoy; Feb 19, 19 at 12:50 am
FlyingJoy is offline  
Old Feb 19, 19, 1:35 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 5,059
Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post
SQ or BR. And there is a thread about a soon-to-open TK lounge, which could be interesting, depending on when your flight is.
SQ is my favourite, looking forward to seeing what TK will be like
worldclubber likes this.
chris63 is offline  
Old Feb 19, 19, 2:01 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: SFO
Programs: Star Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, EY Silver
Posts: 160
SQ is a safe bet and, when full, they proactively offered to call around to see what the situation was in other Star lounges.
UAuhoh is offline  
Old Feb 19, 19, 2:28 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Posts: 3,712
Originally Posted by chris63 View Post
SQ is my favourite, looking forward to seeing what TK will be like
Letís hope it will open soon. Will be at BKK again in spring.
chris63 likes this.
worldclubber is offline  
Old Feb 19, 19, 4:38 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BKK
Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Posts: 5,480
Originally Posted by FlyingJoy View Post
Yes, here's one from last July. Banana sticky rice, luk chub, and coconut sago pudding.
Excuse the somewhat poor lighting - which is a problem that most of the TG lounges at BKK suffer from
On a side note, this was taken at 0530 at BKK, after a long flight in from Europe. I lounge-hopped from TG to BR to SQ and ate three rounds of buffet breakfast before my next flight at 0800. Looking forward to adding the new TK lounge to the menu when I fly through mid this year
thanks, looks nice!
FlyingJoy likes this.
BinSabai is offline  
Old Feb 19, 19, 4:40 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BKK
Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Posts: 5,480
Originally Posted by UAuhoh View Post
SQ is a safe bet and, when full, they proactively offered to call around to see what the situation was in other Star lounges.
so did they decline entry saying It's full? or were all seats taken?
BinSabai is offline  
Old Feb 19, 19, 7:26 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: SHA,CPH
Programs: SAS EuroBonus Gold, Qatar Privilege Club Gold
Posts: 211
SQ is the best in my mind, if you need shower, BR is just around the corner. TG's lounge are really old and filled with people.

Oh BTW, In the morning, there are nothing to eat in the BR lounge, I was there once 9 am, absolutely nothing, so i moved to the SQ lounge next door......

Looking forward to the new TG lounge and TK's lounge though, sounds really good.
Tokyoite likes this.
jerrythegreat12 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: