Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best TG or Star Alliance Lounge in BKK

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: KF, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Thanks all! With an infant, i'll have to forget about walking long distances between these lounges just for a massage.
One more qn - does any of the J lounges or PP lounges have recliners or beds or just quiet areas suitable for sleeping? Just in case we are too sleepy and want a nap.
Old May 2, 2019, 8:52 am

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
BKK was hot last week!
My UTH-BKK 26 april flight was diverted to U-Tapao and the 5h connection time for my flight to IST melted with the heath on board...
Once we made it to BKK I went to the BR lounge and got ticket #3 for a shower, had 1h left to relax in the lounge.
Probably the most fancy shower at BKK and I did like the BR lounge.
I never had to wait for a shower at TG's Orchid E lounge, always excellent experience.
Old May 2, 2019, 2:23 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
If I have six hours, I walk over to the Novotel. Book a massage go for swim. Snooze on the lounger. Costs a bit more but worth it IMHO.
Old May 3, 2019, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by spk307
Thanks all! With an infant, i'll have to forget about walking long distances between these lounges just for a massage.
One more qn - does any of the J lounges or PP lounges have recliners or beds or just quiet areas suitable for sleeping? Just in case we are too sleepy and want a nap.
Originally Posted by 5khours
If I have six hours, I walk over to the Novotel. Book a massage go for swim. Snooze on the lounger. Costs a bit more but worth it IMHO.
There are a couple of options. There's the Miracle Transit Hotel - very expensive for an overnight, but somewhat reasonable rates (about half) for a day use. This will get you a room inside the terminal with beds and private facilities. This can be booked on line (and via several OTAs who may have cheaper rates).

Th Novotel is more upmarket, but can be expensive. I messaged them a few weeks ago about day use rates (these don't appear on their website). Via email the response was:

Room Type: Superior Room

A La Carte maximum 3 hours

Room Rate: THB 2,992.50 net per room for maximum 3 hours of stay in room on room only basis.

Condition: Only applicable during the day time 08:00 until 21:00 for maximum time of stay as mentioned.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A La Carte maximum 6 hours

Room Rate: THB 3,710.70 net per room for maximum 6 hours of stay in room on room only basis.

Condition: Only applicable during the day time 08:00 until 21.00 for maximum time of stay as mentioned.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A La Carte maximum 9 hours

Room Rate: THB 5,027.40 net per room for maximum 9 hours of stay in room on room only basis.
Old May 4, 2019, 2:07 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Th Novotel is more upmarket, but can be expensive. I messaged them a few weeks ago about day use rates (these don't appear on their website). Via email the response was:
Room Type: Superior Room
A La Carte maximum 3 hours
Room Rate: THB 2,992.50 net per room for maximum 3 hours of stay in room on room only basis.
Condition: Only applicable during the day time 08:00 until 21:00 for maximum time of stay as mentioned.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A La Carte maximum 6 hours
Room Rate: THB 3,710.70 net per room for maximum 6 hours of stay in room on room only basis.
Condition: Only applicable during the day time 08:00 until 21.00 for maximum time of stay as mentioned.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A La Carte maximum 9 hours
Room Rate: THB 5,027.40 net per room for maximum 9 hours of stay in room on room only basis.
For a 24 hour period is about THB 4,300 non-refundable rate or THB 6,200 refundable. Breakfast is about THB 300 pp.
Old May 4, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Originally Posted by flyerby

For a 24 hour period is about THB 4,300 non-refundable rate or THB 6,200 refundable. Breakfast is about THB 300 pp.
If you just want to go over for a massage and meal or swim, you don't need to book a room.
Old May 6, 2019, 11:12 am
LPQ

Programs: TG *G 20 years
Another vote for the SQ lounge food. Quite a variety of Asian and western style, snacks soups and mains. Very happy bar tenders too, willing to make up a cocktail. The lounge felt more of a refectory than a lounge and, being relatively small, was quite full at 1pm.

This was a visit on a TG C class boarding pass today. An attempted visit last Friday 9am on a TG Y boarding pass was unsuccessful. Showing the TG Gold card resulted in being told this doesn't give access at all and very firmly told to go to a TG lounge instead. Not happy. However, the TG lounge in E was pleasant.
Old May 6, 2019, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by LPQ
An attempted visit last Friday 9am on a TG Y boarding pass was unsuccessful. Showing the TG Gold card resulted in being told this doesn't give access at all and very firmly told to go to a TG lounge instead. Not happy. However, the TG lounge in E was pleasant.
Well, that would be a breach of *A policy by the SQ lounge folks......

I wonder if TG complained? or if SQ pax complained that the lounge is full too often ?

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; May 6, 2019 at 6:54 pm Reason: typo
Old May 6, 2019, 6:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Well, that would be a breach if *A policy by the SQ lounge folks......
Wouldn't be the first time by SQ, either at BKK or elsewhere.
Old May 6, 2019, 9:51 pm

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
Wow, I've never had a problem accessing the SQ lounge with a TG boarding pass. The lounge does get busy at times so maybe they're being protective of the SQ passengers.
Old May 6, 2019, 10:02 pm

Programs: TG Plat
SQ lounge tried to do the same to me but this was about 2 years ago. I firmly told the staff that I knew the rules, wanted to use this lounge and had every right to do so. They then allowed me entry.
Old May 7, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: TG*G , PR Classic
Originally Posted by LPQ
Another vote for the SQ lounge food. Quite a variety of Asian and western style, snacks soups and mains. Very happy bar tenders too, willing to make up a cocktail. The lounge felt more of a refectory than a lounge and, being relatively small, was quite full at 1pm.

This was a visit on a TG C class boarding pass today. An attempted visit last Friday 9am on a TG Y boarding pass was unsuccessful. Showing the TG Gold card resulted in being told this doesn't give access at all and very firmly told to go to a TG lounge instead. Not happy. However, the TG lounge in E was pleasant.
How come SQ Lounge denied you access *G Lounge. May i konw what reason SQ Staff told you ?
Old May 7, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by nattime
How come SQ Lounge denied you access *G Lounge. May i konw what reason SQ Staff told you ?
I was recently denied access to a OW BA lounge in ORD. They sent me to the AF lounge which RJ contracted. I had only 10 mins so I did have the time to overrule their mistake.
Old May 7, 2019, 1:56 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by flyerby

I was recently denied access to a OW BA lounge in ORD. They sent me to the AF lounge which RJ contracted. I had only 10 mins so I did have the time to overrule their mistake.
Wrong forum I guess

But BA lounge at ORD is fairly small and can get very. Very crowded. BA than rejects access.
Old May 8, 2019, 4:06 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by LPQ

Airline clubs in the U.S. sometimes restrict certain forms of club entry due to crowding (based on the fire code occupancy levels) so this is not horribly uncommon. At BKK I think SQ is probably ‘saving’ room for customers traveling on their metal. Frustrating yes, but at least there were other options.

SL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.