Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best TG or Star Alliance Lounge in BKK

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2023, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
EVA is consistent. If I am not mistaken, the food is sourced from Thai Internationals catering unit, but the menu is of course EVA decided and good. However, as I am usually flying TG to take advantage of the priority immigration exit, I use the TG lounge now since it is closest to my gate. Food is consistently uninspired and the lounge is very busy 7-9AM period. Not pleasant.
I used it prior to my EVA flight this week and was completely satisfied. They were into the lunch type service and decent food to nibble on. Quality ice cream, Heineken on tap.
Everything well tended to and lots of variety in the drink cooler.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 1:52 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Happy to echo what everyone above has said and thanks for the recommendations – some notes from my visit to the *A lounges:

TK: Terrible – can skip without a worry in the world.
BR: Surprisingly good food although the buffet is not perhaps the most splashy – even relatively ok pizza. Nice ice cream.
TG (new lounge in the D concourse): Pretty nice atmosphere and decor, although perhaps a bit too big. Was nicer to sit in the very end where it was quiet. Both Häagen-Dazs and Ben&Jerry's ice cream.
SQ: Smaller lounge with the best decor of all the lounges, feels cozy. Good buffet of food, incl. Singaporean chicken rice, fresh coconuts and Häagen-Dazs ice cream. Champagne, albeit quite a cheap one, is a nice addition for a J level lounge.

All in all, for previously a oneworld-only guy, this was a nice eye-opener with regard to the standards of lounges in *A.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 2:43 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by lkrt

All in all, for previously a oneworld-only guy, this was a nice eye-opener with regard to the standards of lounges in *A.
Then if you include also OW lounges then IMO in BKK QR’s is better than any *A one for the decor, quality of food and personal touch.
SKT-DK likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 3:02 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by flyerby
Then if you include also OW lounges then IMO in BKK QR’s is better than any *A one for the decor, quality of food and personal touch.
Fully agree on that. And to be honest, JAL is not bad either after they revamped the offerings (though also less exclusive)
Old Dec 28, 2023, 3:24 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
do they have a F section where you can order menu and get served?
Old Dec 28, 2023, 3:53 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS) TK Elite (*G)
Originally Posted by BinSabai
do they have a F section where you can order menu and get served?
no separate F section but a la carte dining is available to all guest. One must notice that status will not get you in to the QR lounge, only J class pax are let in.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 5:05 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by Tuvv
… One must notice that status will not get you in to the QR lounge, only J class pax are let in.
I’m ashamed to say that I never knew this part. Thought that by status only I can enter. That may explain their rigorous effort to check my BP and to make a copy of it.

Last edited by flyerby; Dec 28, 2023 at 8:45 am
Old Dec 28, 2023, 5:16 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS) TK Elite (*G)
I’m ashamed to say that I never knew this part. Though that by status only I can enter. That may explain their rigorous effort to check my BP and to make a copy of it.
QR has their own set of rules when it comes to lounge access, at BKK status holders in Y are sent to one of the miracle lounges... or well.. I would go to CX or JL but anyway...
It's the same in DOH, status holders in Y are sent to other lounges than J flyers.

back on topic I'm back in BKK fairly soon and flying out on TG so looking forward to check out the *A lounges again after little bit over a year of flying out on OW airlines only.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 9:55 am

Flying TG J (no *A Gold) today, made the trek over to the TK Lounge in the opposite direction of our gate for a complimentary massage. Around 1530 only 5 others in the entire TK Lounge and no wait time for a massage (no reservation required).

In contrast, TG Lounge was fairly loud. While TG Lounge certainly had a better food spread, the flies killed my appetite. I stuck to strawberry Häagen-Dazs and a bottle of water. The cakes with printed Christmas decorations looked cute though. It's a shame TG hasn't reopened its spa.
ACC2008 likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 3:06 pm

Programs: NZ Elite
Recently flew BKK-HND on TG J (myself *G) + 1 guest (my partner who is OWE). It was around mid morning when we arrived from CNX and decided to proceed to the SQ lounge (just in time as the SQ flight was in its final stages of boarding). We were the only ones in the lounge for a good couple of hours. Great food selection. Champagne was ok. Singapore Sling was the best part. We decided to stay put and not go down to the TG lounge. Had a great relaxing time.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Flying back to NZ tomorrow with Mrs TK and one adult son. Depending on the gate, will drop son into SQ lounge, and then Mrs TK into TG lounge.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 8:23 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Flying back to NZ tomorrow with Mrs TK and one adult son. Depending on the gate, will drop son into SQ lounge, and then Mrs TK into TG lounge.
Safe travels! We're off to Japan tomorrow so our paths may cross Flying JAL though.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 3:13 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
good tactic!

safe travel!
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Safe travels! We're off to Japan tomorrow so our paths may cross Flying JAL though.
In the SQ Lounge, and almost no asian food options - mainly western hotel-style brekkie, complete with ‘plastic’ chicken sausage.

I elected a champagne chaser….

restlessinRNO and BinSabai like this.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 8:30 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
In the SQ Lounge, …
I elected a champagne chaser….

A wise decision and the reason to visit the SQ lounge. 🥂
chris63 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.