Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best TG or Star Alliance Lounge in BKK

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 4:29 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BinSabai
Right...I am often alone in there or with another 1-2 passengers; however recently when two A380 left from E and G, it was nearly full. Luckily many occasional F passengers do not know that it exists
Two TG 380s on that side of the airport at the same time? - Sounds rare! Or is the QR arrangement still in place (doubt it?) ?
The lounge is quite small though, so does not take much more than 10 people to make it crowded
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:23 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Two TG 380s on that side of the airport at the same time? - Sounds rare! Or is the QR arrangement still in place (doubt it?) ?
The lounge is quite small though, so does not take much more than 10 people to make it crowded
yes indeed two TG 380 on the western side of the airport
the last couple of months (winter season) there were in the beginning nearly every evening 3 A380 leaving at nearly the same time before and after midnight, TG910, TG920 and TG930 to LHR, FRA and CDG before they started to replace on some days with 77w and finally switchted the one to FRA to the second flight
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:38 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Ouch that’s a lot! I remember when QR had the agreement in place, even with a full 380, we only were a handful of pax in the E F lounge usually.

I thought they only had two 380 capable gates on E and same on C though? Would the third be bussed?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Ouch that’s a lot! I remember when QR had the agreement in place, even with a full 380, we only were a handful of pax in the E F lounge usually.

I thought they only had two 380 capable gates on E and same on C though? Would the third be bussed?
no, they have at least one as well in G, where I have boarded myself an A380
according to Airport info, they have 5 in total for A380
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:07 pm

Programs: TG, SQ. Amex
Originally Posted by BinSabai
TK lounge is open for 5 days. Heard nice food buffet and bar... showers available
when will you provide us a review?
I will be there in 3 weeks time, will post a review for sure. Is there a new TG lounge being built?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by Flyingbiker
I will be there in 3 weeks time, will post a review for sure. Is there a new TG lounge being built?
yes there is! however I do not think that it will open withing this time frame. The domestic lounge in Chiang Mai needed around 1.5 years for refurbishment
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:42 pm

So just to get my facts straight, the TK lounge is now open?

Can I first get a massage at the TG spa and switch lounge after? Flying J on TG to ZRH.

Thanks
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by Yul67
So just to get my facts straight, the TK lounge is now open?

Can I first get a massage at the TG spa and switch lounge after? Flying J on TG to ZRH.

Thanks
It has been reported to be open for about a week now - so yes you can indeed switch lounge whenever you please. I am not sure if the TK lounge is open all day or it is restricted to being around TK departures though.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:28 pm

Programs: TG*G
I'm in the TK lounge now. It's a bit underwhelming but wonderfully empty! Looks over the courtyard on the landside of the airport so is bright and airy. The food offerings are very disappointing though. Some pita bread that looks like it comes from Villa Market with some nice dips, a curry with plain rice, some Turkish coffee options, a few tuna sandwiches. I was hoping for some falafel, kebabs, anything Turkish really so a bit disappointed.

I'm not in the mood for eating today (had a big breakfast on the way in and will feast on my flight to LHR that departs in an hour). If I was, I'd go to the SG to BR lounges instead. However, for a nice quiet space with solid internet, it's good.

Below are a few photos.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Thanks. No pics as yet?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by bmi_Barry
I'm in the TK lounge now. It's a bit underwhelming but wonderfully empty! Looks over the courtyard on the landside of the airport so is bright and airy. The food offerings are very disappointing though. Some pita bread that looks like it comes from Villa Market with some nice dips, a curry with plain rice, some Turkish coffee options, a few tuna sandwiches. I was hoping for some falafel, kebabs, anything Turkish really so a bit disappointed.

I'm not in the mood for eating today (had a big breakfast on the way in and will feast on my flight to LHR that departs in an hour). If I was, I'd go to the SG to BR lounges instead. However, for a nice quiet space with solid internet, it's good.

Below are a few photos.
Thanks for the info. What are the amenities? (Showers, fast wifi, comfy seats?)
Old Mar 6, 2019, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.

Below are a few photos.
Sounds quite a disappointment.... I was in the SQ lounge yesterday, great experience as always, so happy it’s there
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:16 am

Programs: TG*Gold
Last Saturday i visited SQ lounge. Went out for less than hour to make duty free shopping and meet my friend who was flying in different alliance. After that I went back. Staff changed and I was refused to enter again. They asked me to find different lounge. (How stupid is that? ) So I asked why ? My plane was just in front of this lounge and I definitely didn;'t want to go to BR or TG. Staff couldn't tell me why .... so I just entered this lounge and sat down. Finnito la muzika.
After 10 years being StarGold for the first time I was refused from entering Star Alliance lounge. Maybe they just hate THAI ROP Gold members. But still think SQ and BR are two the best Star Alliance lounges at this airport.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:48 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM

Below are a few photos.
Thank you very much for the report, but I cannot see any photos.

Will definitely check it our soon, but sounds like SQ and BR will remain the most solid choices for the time being.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by phrasuthon
Last Saturday i visited SQ lounge. Went out for less than hour to make duty free shopping and meet my friend who was flying in different alliance. After that I went back. Staff changed and I was refused to enter again. They asked me to find different lounge. (How stupid is that? ) So I asked why ? My plane was just in front of this lounge and I definitely didn;'t want to go to BR or TG. Staff couldn't tell me why .... so I just entered this lounge and sat down. Finnito la muzika.
After 10 years being StarGold for the first time I was refused from entering Star Alliance lounge. Maybe they just hate THAI ROP Gold members. But still think SQ and BR are two the best Star Alliance lounges at this airport.
Astonishing! Which was the ‘this lounge’ that you posted from? I assume you didn’t re-enter the SQ lounge...

Akthough I cannot usually be bothered these days, I am not aware of any airline policy or Star policy that limits the number of lounge visits. In my experience only the ‘lounge is full, please use XX lounge’ reason/excuse has been used with me (once a long time ago)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.