Wiki Posts
Search

Best TG or Star Alliance Lounge in BKK

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2019, 9:31 am
LPQ

Programs: TG *G 20 years
Originally Posted by nattime
How come SQ Lounge denied you access *G Lounge. May i konw what reason SQ Staff told you ?
Even though i showed them the TG gold card with the boarding card, the SQ staff stated the ticket didn't allow access. I had specifically checked the rules online and pointed that out to them suggesting they should look themselves. Three of them then became quite firm and told me to go to a TG lounge instead. I deliberately tried them a few days later albeit on a C class ticket to see if this again would meet a refusal, but this time allowed entry without any bother.
Old May 8, 2019, 11:15 am

Programs: UA 2MM
I entered the SQ lounge recently with a TG Y ticket, as UA Gold. This was in the evening, maybe 9 pm. Lounge was maybe 50% full. Maybe this is time related. When they are full, they refuse non-SQ Y pax.
Old May 9, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Entered the SQ lounge on a TG J ticket as *G without any issues at lunchtime.

Back to the original topic:

Would rank

1) SQ/BR
2) TG
3) TK

SQ for food and BR for the shower and a bit of a view.

TG food offering was really bad.

TK is just outright disapointing:
only lounge to serve a bubbly, but so bad I wished they wouldn't, mediocre food, clueless/disinterested staff and dirty tables (couldn't find a really clean one) -- it does, however, have the coldest room at the airport, its bathroom
chris63 and nattime like this.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 4:56 am

Had a 5h 30min early AM stopover at BKK on TG flights on J, so decided to brave the distances and check out the BR, SQ and TG lounges. The plan was to nap for a couple of hours, have a shower and then eat a bit. So my first stop was the Eva lounge to see if I could snag a nap room. Unfortunately both rooms were occupied and the rest of the lounge didn’t really have any comfy area or chairs for sleeping. So trudged back to TG and found an unoccupied work cabin with a decent chair, shut the door and grabbed some decent shut-eye. Had a nice shower and then walked to the SQ lounge which is thankfully close by. Went in just as the breakfast-lunch transition was happening, so could have an omelette and some croissants, followed by dim sum and some great Som Tam salad and Tom Yum soup and a fantastic espresso martini.
Overall summary - No problems with entry to any of these lounges. Eva is quite out of the way, and worth it IMHO only if you want to use the nap rooms. TG is dated with poor food selection, but it is huge - so easier to find a quiet area to rest. Disappointing that they didn’t seem to have any lounge chairs or dark rest areas or similar. TG showers aren’t as fancy as Eva but functional enough, and they have a fair number of them so I’ve never had to wait. SQ is classy and service is top-notch. Food selection is limited but high quality. Champagne was available. So if you don’t want to shower or take a nap, SQ is the obvious choice - unless your gate is close to the BR lounge.
restlessinRNO and anaidross like this.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 6:30 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by NSInd
Had a 5h 30min early AM stopover at BKK on TG flights on J, so decided to brave the distances and check out the BR, SQ and TG lounges. The plan was to nap for a couple of hours, have a shower and then eat a bit. So my first stop was the Eva lounge to see if I could snag a nap room. Unfortunately both rooms were occupied and the rest of the lounge didn’t really have any comfy area or chairs for sleeping. So trudged back to TG and found an unoccupied work cabin with a decent chair, shut the door and grabbed some decent shut-eye. Had a nice shower and then walked to the SQ lounge which is thankfully close by. Went in just as the breakfast-lunch transition was happening, so could have an omelette and some croissants, followed by dim sum and some great Som Tam salad and Tom Yum soup and a fantastic espresso martini.
Overall summary - No problems with entry to any of these lounges. Eva is quite out of the way, and worth it IMHO only if you want to use the nap rooms. TG is dated with poor food selection, but it is huge - so easier to find a quiet area to rest. Disappointing that they didn’t seem to have any lounge chairs or dark rest areas or similar. TG showers aren’t as fancy as Eva but functional enough, and they have a fair number of them so I’ve never had to wait. SQ is classy and service is top-notch. Food selection is limited but high quality. Champagne was available. So if you don’t want to shower or take a nap, SQ is the obvious choice - unless your gate is close to the BR lounge.
TG lounge dated?
were you in the large TG Prestige lounge in D close to the SQ one? not dated at all as it was just built before Covid and is the newest of the 3 lounges.
SQ is the only one with a cheap Champagne, but is rather small and gets usually very crowded whenever a SQ flight departs
TK is another *A lounge in D (towards the intersection with E/F/G on the right side)
SKT-DK likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 6:32 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by NSInd
Had a 5h 30min early AM stopover at BKK on TG flights on J, so decided to brave the distances and check out the BR, SQ and TG lounges. …
My favorite is BR (SQ is second) for their fresh coconut drink
What about TK? (Asked by a TK elite status holder who never actually bothered to visit the lounge).
Transpacificflyer likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by flyerby
My favorite is BR (SQ is second) for their fresh coconut drink
What about TK? (Asked by a TK elite status holder who never actually bothered to visit the lounge).
TK is probably the most quiet of the four....more spacious and more comfortable than SQ
decent beverage selection but no Champagne
food depends totally on the time of the day; breakfast and later morning miserable; rest of the day rather good
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Yep, the TK lounge was ‘better than expected’, and comfy and peaceful. Food as BinSabai has described.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 7:51 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
EVA is consistent. If I am not mistaken, the food is sourced from Thai Internationals catering unit, but the menu is of course EVA decided and good. However, as I am usually flying TG to take advantage of the priority immigration exit, I use the TG lounge now since it is closest to my gate. Food is consistently uninspired and the lounge is very busy 7-9AM period. Not pleasant.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 8:47 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
EVA is consistent. If I am not mistaken, the food is sourced from Thai Internationals catering unit, but the menu is of course EVA decided and good. However, as I am usually flying TG to take advantage of the priority immigration exit, I use the TG lounge now since it is closest to my gate. Food is consistently uninspired and the lounge is very busy 7-9AM period. Not pleasant.
Too bad the BR lounge is so far from the C & D gates. A moving walkway would certainly be helpful. 😊
Old Dec 22, 2023, 11:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Whenever I'm in BKK, no matter which airline I'm flying, I always head to the Oman Air lounge for a couple of hours (using Priority Pass).

I like the self-pour champagne and there is usually a good selection of hot food and nibbles, and it's usually fairly quiet. The one lounge I don't visit is TG.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 12:20 am

Programs: TK E+, RJ S, AZ E
Originally Posted by Grace B
Whenever I'm in BKK, no matter which airline I'm flying, I always head to the Oman Air lounge for a couple of hours (using Priority Pass).

I like the self-pour champagne and there is usually a good selection of hot food and nibbles, and it's usually fairly quiet. The one lounge I don't visit is TG.
I’ve never used WY lounge in BKK. I should to try it the next time I fly out of BKK with no status using PP.
Grace B likes this.

Last edited by flyerby; Dec 23, 2023 at 2:13 am
Old Dec 23, 2023, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by Grace B

then you probably miss something by never visiting the TG lounge.

the TG prestige lounge is a huge improvement over their old lounge in D
Edvard likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 1:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by BinSabai
then you probably miss something by never visiting the TG lounge.

the TG prestige lounge is a huge improvement over their old lounge in D
Well, I have visited TG lounges at BKK in the past, but was underwhelmed.
However, if the refurbished lounge is as good as you say it is, I may well pop my head in during my 6-hour layover in March.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
TG lounge dated?
were you in the large TG Prestige lounge in D close to the SQ one? not dated at all as it was just built before Covid and is the newest of the 3 lounges.
SQ is the only one with a cheap Champagne, but is rather small and gets usually very crowded whenever a SQ flight departs
TK is another *A lounge in D (towards the intersection with E/F/G on the right side)
Yes, the one close to SQ. I meant dated in terms of the design and layout. The furniture looked new enough but the bathrooms were already short on maintenance. Don’t remember the earlier TG lounge - TG is a not my first choice flying from India (like I’m sure is the case for many others), but only TG has direct flights to KHH, so no other option until CX resumes their MAA route. Like someone else mentioned Oman Air has a solid lounge with some nap areas as well - I was tempted to go there as well with PP to grab some shut-eye but the distances in BKK don’t lend themselves to easy hopping around!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.