Wiki Posts
Search

New TG Lounge Taking Shape At BKK

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2019, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by pandalama
Totally agreed. But guess what. The toilet has bum guns! BIG UPGRADE for me.
How did they get Guns past the super security at Swampy ?
Old Nov 17, 2019, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
I recently visited and agree - this is a definite improvement. More food choices, 2 red, 2 white and sparkling wine available. They are overstaffed, but this is Thailand.
How does the Wine quality compare to the SQ lounge ?
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:43 am

Programs: ROP
Originally Posted by chris63
How does the Wine quality compare to the SQ lounge ?
I don't know the quality of the wine because I don't drink. But this is the drinks menu of Royal Orchid Prestige Lounge I taken from Review topic on Thai webboard (https://pantip.com/topic/39414802). You can compare it by yourself.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 6:46 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Surprised to see 3/4 being non-French wines considering TG's long-lasting obsession with (mediocre) French wine.
I must admit that I am actually rather intrigued by the new TG ground service now - not that I would ever choose a flight based on a lounge, but it is definitely an improvement that could make me not trying to avoid TG in the future.
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Never thought I would ever be able to say this about a TG lounge but it’s very nice 👍
Only goes to show miracles can happen

Very quiet yesterday lunchtime, food wise for western dishes, more choice at SQ lounge but fair enough it’s in Thailand & the live cooking stations are impressive

The single TIP in the F aquarium looked like a Goldfish in a bowl with everyone walking past staring in

Wine is most impressive for a J lounge, they go from no wine to decent stuff ..... amazing

Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Surprised to see 3/4 being non-French wines considering TG's long-lasting obsession with (mediocre) French wine.
I must admit that I am actually rather intrigued by the new TG ground service now - not that I would ever choose a flight based on a lounge, but it is definitely an improvement that could make me not trying to avoid TG in the future.
I am still trying to avoid TG but the Prestige lounge was very convenient for my SQ flight to SIN departing from D3.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:02 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Never thought I would ever be able to say this about a TG lounge but it’s very nice 👍
Only goes to show miracles can happen

Very quiet yesterday lunchtime, food wise for western dishes, more choice at SQ lounge but fair enough it’s in Thailand & the live cooking stations are impressive

The single TIP in the F aquarium looked like a Goldfish in a bowl with everyone walking past staring in

Wine is most impressive for a J lounge, they go from no wine to decent stuff ..... amazing
That does sound interesting, and like a good improvement over the sad current state of the other lounges - guess I would have to bite the bullet of taking a TG flight sometime soon
First things first though, CX next week
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:03 am

I am still trying to avoid TG but the Prestige lounge was very convenient for my SQ flight to SIN departing from D3.

Yeah that's true - could be another Star Alliance flight too haha !
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 11:58 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
I was directed to the new lounge when departing Swampy yesterday morning. The flunkeys attempted to direct me to somewhere further in than the first area (which was pretty deserted (hooray) so I settled there). The only criticism I have was that the bacon and eggs were cold - there seemed to be no warming equipment provided. Walking to my gate through the original lounge I could see it had plenty of seating available
Old Nov 22, 2019, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Not sure describing the THAI staff as 'flunkeys' adds much value to your post - what are you actually trying to say? Or what about their behaviour was objectionable?

Mind you, I suppose they may have special 'terms of endearment' for certain passengers as well.....
joy16 and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 5:40 am

Programs: Thai Airways
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Not sure describing the THAI staff as 'flunkeys' adds much value to your post - what are you actually trying to say? Or what about their behaviour was objectionable?

Mind you, I suppose they may have special 'terms of endearment' for certain passengers as well.....
I am glad that I am not one of his 'flunkeys'.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 8:35 am
kkl

Lounge staff were actively ushering TG C passengers to new lounge

*G and partners to old lounge
Old Nov 22, 2019, 10:49 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Not sure describing the THAI staff as 'flunkeys' .....
"flunkey - a liveried servant"
Old Nov 23, 2019, 11:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by RTWFF
"flunkey - a liveried servant"
You're not helping yourself here.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by kkl
Lounge staff were actively ushering TG C passengers to new lounge

*G and partners to old lounge
I wonder if TG could follow SQ and transition this ‘Prestige Lounge’ to be a business class (and ROP Plat) lounge given the apparent ‘step up’ in quality and noting kkl’s comment?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.