New TG Lounge Taking Shape At BKK

Old Nov 18, 19, 12:20 am
  #76  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 4,225
Originally Posted by pandalama View Post
Totally agreed. But guess what. The toilet has bum guns! BIG UPGRADE for me.
How did they get Guns past the super security at Swampy ?
chris63 is offline  
Old Nov 18, 19, 12:22 am
  #77  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 4,225
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO View Post
I recently visited and agree - this is a definite improvement. More food choices, 2 red, 2 white and sparkling wine available. They are overstaffed, but this is Thailand.
How does the Wine quality compare to the SQ lounge ?
chris63 is offline  
Old Nov 18, 19, 3:43 am
  #78  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Programs: ROP
Posts: 451
Originally Posted by chris63 View Post
How does the Wine quality compare to the SQ lounge ?
I don't know the quality of the wine because I don't drink. But this is the drinks menu of Royal Orchid Prestige Lounge I taken from Review topic on Thai webboard (https://pantip.com/topic/39414802). You can compare it by yourself.
joy16 is offline  
Old Nov 18, 19, 7:46 am
  #79  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BKK
Programs: SK EBG for Life (*G), BA Gold, HH DIA, IC Platinum Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle, Sixt Plat
Posts: 771
Surprised to see 3/4 being non-French wines considering TG's long-lasting obsession with (mediocre) French wine.
I must admit that I am actually rather intrigued by the new TG ground service now - not that I would ever choose a flight based on a lounge, but it is definitely an improvement that could make me not trying to avoid TG in the future.
chris63 likes this.
SKT-DK is offline  
Old Nov 20, 19, 2:56 am
  #80  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 4,225
Never thought I would ever be able to say this about a TG lounge but itís very nice 👍
Only goes to show miracles can happen

Very quiet yesterday lunchtime, food wise for western dishes, more choice at SQ lounge but fair enough itís in Thailand & the live cooking stations are impressive

The single TIP in the F aquarium looked like a Goldfish in a bowl with everyone walking past staring in

Wine is most impressive for a J lounge, they go from no wine to decent stuff ..... amazing

chris63 is offline  
Old Nov 20, 19, 3:01 am
  #81  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON**,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 4,225
Originally Posted by SKT-DK View Post
Surprised to see 3/4 being non-French wines considering TG's long-lasting obsession with (mediocre) French wine.
I must admit that I am actually rather intrigued by the new TG ground service now - not that I would ever choose a flight based on a lounge, but it is definitely an improvement that could make me not trying to avoid TG in the future.
I am still trying to avoid TG but the Prestige lounge was very convenient for my SQ flight to SIN departing from D3.
chris63 is offline  
Old Nov 20, 19, 3:02 am
  #82  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BKK
Programs: SK EBG for Life (*G), BA Gold, HH DIA, IC Platinum Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle, Sixt Plat
Posts: 771
Originally Posted by chris63 View Post
Never thought I would ever be able to say this about a TG lounge but itís very nice 👍
Only goes to show miracles can happen

Very quiet yesterday lunchtime, food wise for western dishes, more choice at SQ lounge but fair enough itís in Thailand & the live cooking stations are impressive

The single TIP in the F aquarium looked like a Goldfish in a bowl with everyone walking past staring in

Wine is most impressive for a J lounge, they go from no wine to decent stuff ..... amazing
That does sound interesting, and like a good improvement over the sad current state of the other lounges - guess I would have to bite the bullet of taking a TG flight sometime soon
First things first though, CX next week
chris63 likes this.
SKT-DK is offline  
Old Nov 20, 19, 3:03 am
  #83  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BKK
Programs: SK EBG for Life (*G), BA Gold, HH DIA, IC Platinum Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle, Sixt Plat
Posts: 771
Originally Posted by chris63 View Post
I am still trying to avoid TG but the Prestige lounge was very convenient for my SQ flight to SIN departing from D3.


Yeah that's true - could be another Star Alliance flight too haha !
chris63 likes this.
SKT-DK is offline  
Old Nov 22, 19, 12:58 am
  #84  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Silver (VA), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Posts: 1,344
I was directed to the new lounge when departing Swampy yesterday morning. The flunkeys attempted to direct me to somewhere further in than the first area (which was pretty deserted (hooray) so I settled there). The only criticism I have was that the bacon and eggs were cold - there seemed to be no warming equipment provided. Walking to my gate through the original lounge I could see it had plenty of seating available
RTWFF is offline  
Old Nov 22, 19, 2:59 am
  #85  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: PPQ/WLG/BKK
Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
Posts: 7,368
Not sure describing the THAI staff as 'flunkeys' adds much value to your post - what are you actually trying to say? Or what about their behaviour was objectionable?

Mind you, I suppose they may have special 'terms of endearment' for certain passengers as well.....
joy16 and IndyHoosier like this.
Thai-Kiwi is offline  
Old Nov 22, 19, 6:40 am
  #86  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Programs: Thai Airways
Posts: 134
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi View Post
Not sure describing the THAI staff as 'flunkeys' adds much value to your post - what are you actually trying to say? Or what about their behaviour was objectionable?

Mind you, I suppose they may have special 'terms of endearment' for certain passengers as well.....
I am glad that I am not one of his 'flunkeys'.
maerim is offline  
Old Nov 22, 19, 9:35 am
  #87  
kkl
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 801
Lounge staff were actively ushering TG C passengers to new lounge

*G and partners to old lounge
kkl is offline  
Old Nov 22, 19, 11:49 pm
  #88  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Silver (VA), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Posts: 1,344
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi View Post
Not sure describing the THAI staff as 'flunkeys' .....
"flunkey - a liveried servant"
RTWFF is offline  
Old Nov 23, 19, 12:06 pm
  #89  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG75K; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Posts: 42,270
Originally Posted by RTWFF View Post
"flunkey - a liveried servant"
You're not helping yourself here.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Kacee is offline  
Old Nov 23, 19, 12:34 pm
  #90  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: PPQ/WLG/BKK
Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
Posts: 7,368
Originally Posted by kkl View Post
Lounge staff were actively ushering TG C passengers to new lounge

*G and partners to old lounge
I wonder if TG could follow SQ and transition this ‘Prestige Lounge’ to be a business class (and ROP Plat) lounge given the apparent ‘step up’ in quality and noting kkl’s comment?
Thai-Kiwi is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread