New TG Lounge Taking Shape At BKK

Reply

Old Feb 10, 19, 4:45 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 448
New TG Lounge Taking Shape At BKK

It's between D3 and D4.
A few months from being ready I'd guess.
DH188 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 19, 4:56 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, Marriott, HHonors etc.
Posts: 1,772
Originally Posted by DH188 View Post
It's between D3 and D4.
A few months from being ready I'd guess.
Wow, a relatively new BR lounge, a recently remodeled SQ lounge, a soon-to-open TK lounge and a new TG lounge. *A is really improving at BKK.
Tokyoite and royng like this.
worldclubber is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 19, 5:11 pm
  #3  
TPJ
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Programs: TK*G (E+), AA OWE (EXP), IHG Plat
Posts: 6,116
Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post


Wow, a relatively new BR lounge, a recently remodeled SQ lounge, a soon-to-open TK lounge and a new TG lounge. *A is really improving at BKK.
I guess TG is worried more *G passengers skip TG lounges as alternatives are available. No hard evidence, though...
Tokyoite likes this.
TPJ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 19, 12:07 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BKK
Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Posts: 5,177
It's about time; it has been expected for 2-3 years
BinSabai is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 19, 1:15 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, Marriott, HHonors etc.
Posts: 1,772
Originally Posted by TPJ View Post
I guess TG is worried more *G passengers skip TG lounges as alternatives are available. No hard evidence, though...
With the current state of affairs that is entirely possible.
worldclubber is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 19, 3:06 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Indianapolis
Programs: DL Silver
Posts: 131
Does anyone know a planned opening date?
IndyHoosier is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 19, 7:20 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BKK
Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Posts: 5,177
Originally Posted by IndyHoosier View Post
Does anyone know a planned opening date?
I guess after the experience in Chiang Mai, they will not announce in advance any planned opening date
BinSabai is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 19, 12:49 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: PPQ
Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
Posts: 6,779
I note the branding is "Royal Orchid Lounge" - this suggests it will cater for Biz and First like the Royal Orchid Lounges in concourses C and E.

Note: For those new to THAI, "Royal Silk Lounges" are Biz only.

At least this has been the naming protocol to date......
Thai-Kiwi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 19, 1:44 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BKK
Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Posts: 5,177
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi View Post
I note the branding is "Royal Orchid Lounge" - this suggests it will cater for Biz and First like the Royal Orchid Lounges in concourses C and E.
Note: For those new to THAI, "Royal Silk Lounges" are Biz only.
At least this has been the naming protocol to date......
the only Royal Orchid Lounge so far is in E and it has beside the biz lounge a small tiny F lounge, as the main F lounge is far away (at the eastern end of the D concourse)
So would it make sense to have another F lounge in D at this new lounge which is pretty close to the main F lounge? i do not think so...
BinSabai is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 19, 2:04 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: PPQ
Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
Posts: 6,779
Originally Posted by BinSabai View Post
the only Royal Orchid Lounge so far is in E and it has beside the biz lounge a small tiny F lounge, as the main F lounge is far away (at the eastern end of the D concourse)
So would it make sense to have another F lounge in D at this new lounge which is pretty close to the main F lounge? i do not think so...
I agree entirely. But I wondered why this new lounge isn't a Royal Silk Lounge - that was all........
BinSabai and worldclubber like this.

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Feb 12, 19 at 12:37 pm Reason: grammar
Thai-Kiwi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 19, 8:55 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, Marriott, HHonors etc.
Posts: 1,772
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi View Post
I agree entirely. But I wonder why this new lounge isn't a Royal Silk Lounge - that was all........
Obly time will tell I guess.
worldclubber is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 19, 5:16 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Tokyo
Programs: SPG Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A G, OW Saph.
Posts: 2,027
Originally Posted by TPJ View Post
I guess TG is worried more *G passengers skip TG lounges as alternatives are available. No hard evidence, though...
I am a "repeat offender!"
Unless in F, I rarely spend time in the TG biz lounges. Even the one down the escalator right after express immigration....
Tokyoite is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 19, 8:53 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: BKK
Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Posts: 5,177
Originally Posted by Tokyoite View Post
I am a "repeat offender!"
Unless in F, I rarely spend time in the TG biz lounges. Even the one down the escalator right after express immigration....
that would be the worst...
Thai-Kiwi and andyptrav like this.
BinSabai is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 19, 11:45 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Portland OR & Bangkok
Programs: United GS, SPG & Marriott Platinum
Posts: 581
I hope it'll be like United Polaris Lounge - Only Biz & F pax are allowed in. NO EXCEPTIONS.
kittiyut is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 19, 12:16 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: PPQ
Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
Posts: 6,779
Originally Posted by kittiyut View Post
I hope it'll be like United Polaris Lounge - Only Biz & F pax are allowed in. NO EXCEPTIONS.
I disagree entirely. My $$ spend to achieve ROP Gold well exceeds that spent by a non-status business class passenger. But that is my biased (loyalty-orientated) perspective
Thai-Kiwi is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: