FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus-503/)
-   -   New TG Lounge Taking Shape At BKK (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus/1955630-new-tg-lounge-taking-shape-bkk.html)

DH188 Feb 10, 19 4:45 pm

New TG Lounge Taking Shape At BKK
 
It's between D3 and D4.
A few months from being ready I'd guess.
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...53cb2856c5.jpg

worldclubber Feb 10, 19 4:56 pm


Originally Posted by DH188 (Post 30762193)
It's between D3 and D4.
A few months from being ready I'd guess.

Wow, a relatively new BR lounge, a recently remodeled SQ lounge, a soon-to-open TK lounge and a new TG lounge. *A is really improving at BKK. ^

TPJ Feb 10, 19 5:11 pm


Originally Posted by worldclubber (Post 30762234)


Wow, a relatively new BR lounge, a recently remodeled SQ lounge, a soon-to-open TK lounge and a new TG lounge. *A is really improving at BKK. ^

I guess TG is worried more *G passengers skip TG lounges as alternatives are available. No hard evidence, though...

BinSabai Feb 11, 19 12:07 am

It's about time; it has been expected for 2-3 years

worldclubber Feb 11, 19 1:15 am


Originally Posted by TPJ (Post 30762292)
I guess TG is worried more *G passengers skip TG lounges as alternatives are available. No hard evidence, though...

With the current state of affairs that is entirely possible. ;)

IndyHoosier Feb 11, 19 3:06 pm

Does anyone know a planned opening date?

BinSabai Feb 11, 19 7:20 pm


Originally Posted by IndyHoosier (Post 30765965)
Does anyone know a planned opening date?

I guess after the experience in Chiang Mai, they will not announce in advance any planned opening date :D

Thai-Kiwi Feb 12, 19 12:49 am

I note the branding is "Royal Orchid Lounge" - this suggests it will cater for Biz and First like the Royal Orchid Lounges in concourses C and E.

Note: For those new to THAI, "Royal Silk Lounges" are Biz only.

At least this has been the naming protocol to date......

BinSabai Feb 12, 19 1:44 am


Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi (Post 30767655)
I note the branding is "Royal Orchid Lounge" - this suggests it will cater for Biz and First like the Royal Orchid Lounges in concourses C and E.
Note: For those new to THAI, "Royal Silk Lounges" are Biz only.
At least this has been the naming protocol to date......

the only Royal Orchid Lounge so far is in E and it has beside the biz lounge a small tiny F lounge, as the main F lounge is far away (at the eastern end of the D concourse)
So would it make sense to have another F lounge in D at this new lounge which is pretty close to the main F lounge? i do not think so...

Thai-Kiwi Feb 12, 19 2:04 am


Originally Posted by BinSabai (Post 30767760)
the only Royal Orchid Lounge so far is in E and it has beside the biz lounge a small tiny F lounge, as the main F lounge is far away (at the eastern end of the D concourse)
So would it make sense to have another F lounge in D at this new lounge which is pretty close to the main F lounge? i do not think so...

I agree entirely. But I wondered why this new lounge isn't a Royal Silk Lounge - that was all........ :)

worldclubber Feb 12, 19 8:55 am


Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi (Post 30767812)
I agree entirely. But I wonder why this new lounge isn't a Royal Silk Lounge - that was all........ :)

Obly time will tell I guess. ;)

Tokyoite Feb 13, 19 5:16 am


Originally Posted by TPJ (Post 30762292)
I guess TG is worried more *G passengers skip TG lounges as alternatives are available. No hard evidence, though...

I am a "repeat offender!" :D
Unless in F, I rarely spend time in the TG biz lounges. Even the one down the escalator right after express immigration....

BinSabai Feb 13, 19 8:53 am


Originally Posted by Tokyoite (Post 30772739)
I am a "repeat offender!" :D
Unless in F, I rarely spend time in the TG biz lounges. Even the one down the escalator right after express immigration....

that would be the worst...

kittiyut Feb 15, 19 11:45 pm

I hope it'll be like United Polaris Lounge - Only Biz & F pax are allowed in. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Thai-Kiwi Feb 16, 19 12:16 am


Originally Posted by kittiyut (Post 30784699)
I hope it'll be like United Polaris Lounge - Only Biz & F pax are allowed in. NO EXCEPTIONS.

I disagree entirely. My $$ spend to achieve ROP Gold well exceeds that spent by a non-status business class passenger. But that is my biased (loyalty-orientated) perspective ;)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 2:08 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.