Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New TG Lounge Taking Shape At BKK

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2019, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by RTWFF
It's certainly available to other *A Gold in Economy
yup. Can confirm here as well. Feeling a little weird when the older crappier lounge is reserved for BC pax.

Is TG planning an additional lounge at the satellite terminal? Hence why they’re not doing further refurb on any other lounges.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
@pandalama RTWFF Please re-read my post.

I know it is available to other *G. The question is whether biz pax, who are not *G and are not flying Royal Silk class, have access. The language on the FB posts suggests not.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 11:38 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi

I know it is available to other *G. The question is whether biz pax, who are not *G and are not flying Royal Silk class, have access. The language on the FB posts suggests not.
Presumably FB = Facebook. As I'm an adult I don't bother with such things
andyptrav likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 1:22 am

Post read and understood. And no I cannot answer your question.
But if you asked the staff that permitted passengers into the Prestige lounge they confirmed that other airlines BC pax without *A status can access this lounge.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RTWFF
Presumably FB = Facebook. As I'm an adult I don't bother with such things
Not sure what the purpose of your comment was... ?

As an adult, I am aware that THAI Airways uses a number means to communicate with passengers globally, and that such passengers are also mostly adults or perhaps those persons that one day may develop sufficient maturity to become adults.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 9:49 am

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
Tried the lounge today and was very impressed, it is huge! Very quiet too. Food station was good. Comfy seats and immaculate facilities. Food onboard was excellent too. TG is now fantastic in terms of curb-side to lounge experience at BKK...can be easily done within 5-10 minutes including check in, security and passport control, and now down the escalator into a wonderful lounge space, which was previously average. Great premium experience. Some pics below.

Last edited by EGW1; Jan 27, 2020 at 9:58 am
Old Jan 27, 2020, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great pictures. Thanks for posting.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 2:35 pm

Had the pleasure of experiencing this lounge recently, really nice upgrade from the old lounge beside it. Loved the cooked to order menu with some lovely fresh cooked Thai dishes, very tasty. Also like that they have a full bar at each end of the lounge. Some seating areas were too cold for me due to AC blasting. Overall a major upgrade.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
EGW1 - Thank you for your TG Lounge photos.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 9:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Except they seem to have forgotten the chili in the pad kra pao!
Old Mar 7, 2020, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What is the Thai name for the glass noodle salad? It is next to the papaya salad, just about visible in the buffet photo EGW1 posted above. The English language sign just describes what is in it, no name.

From google I guess maybe it is Yum Woon Sen. Anyone know if that is correct?
Old Mar 7, 2020, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fumje
What is the Thai name for the glass noodle salad? It is next to the papaya salad, just about visible in the buffet photo EGW1 posted above. The English language sign just describes what is in it, no name.

From google I guess maybe it is Yum Woon Sen. Anyone know if that is correct?
Without sighting the actual dish, yum wun sen (ยำวุ้นเส้น) is indeed the Thai name for what you have described. Yum = kind of ‘salad’, Wun Sen = glass noodle.

Transliteration from Thai to English can be a bit inconsistent, so you will see spelling variations:

- yum sounds like bum
- wun or woon is a short vowel sound like the ‘oo’ in book
- sen sound like pen

Enjoy.

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Mar 7, 2020 at 12:07 pm
Old Mar 7, 2020, 10:21 pm

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Quite impressed

I checked out this lounge last month. Was departing in TG F but took a walk after the spa treatment. The gatekeeper was dismayed why I would bother when I presented my F boarding pass, but I told her I wanted to take a look. It was early about 6pm. Really empty more staff than travelers at that time. Possibly due to the corona travel slowdown, or people not knowing about the new option.

Huge space, fresh food station, comfortable and varied seating options, attentive service. Some natural light and tarmac views. I had a glass of wine and a bite to eat. Overall pleasantly surprised. Gotta give credit where credit is due: Thai deserves kudos here, almost to the point of making *A lounge hopping at BKK not worth the effort anymore.

SL
chris63 and andyptrav like this.
Old Mar 9, 2020, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Without sighting the actual dish, yum wun sen (ยำวุ้นเส้น) is indeed the Thai name for what you have described. Yum = kind of ‘salad’, Wun Sen = glass noodle.

Transliteration from Thai to English can be a bit inconsistent, so you will see spelling variations:

- yum sounds like bum
- wun or woon is a short vowel sound like the ‘oo’ in book
- sen sound like pen

Enjoy.
Thank you.

Now on my computer, I scrolled through the rest of the thread and find it in the nice collage from kaffir76 (my crop, bottom right of photo):
Originally Posted by kaffir76
img
The notables - special effort + the little touches

img
So .. much .. food
and a first for me - luk chup jello? :-::-:

and more Food ..
Note the pink-ness of the beef (but it was served at room temp.)

img
Shower & bathroom

Will come back to post some comments later - just thought I'd upload all the pics while I had some free time
Old Apr 24, 2020, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by chris63

Wine is most impressive for a J lounge, they go from no wine to decent stuff ..... amazing

I dont remember wine in the TG lounges ever either. This is nice. Is it self serve? Used to go to SQ only because TG had fewer drink choices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.