THAI: News

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2018, 10:04 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
bet he is the same!
quite interesting, more to come?
Old Oct 28, 2018, 10:51 pm

THAI Announces Investigation of TG971

Thai Airways International Public Company Limited (THAI) today announced the results of its investigation into TG971 delayed flight delays. The test results indicate a problem with the operation and defect of both the pilot and the Zurich station operator, who do not take into account the maximum benefit of the passengers and the organization. first This is contrary to the good corporate governance principles of the Company. The punishment will be in accordance with the discipline of the organization. Passenger remedies will meet international standards. All of this is what the whole organization is responsible for. We are committed to improving internal and external confidence.

http://www.fm91bkk.com/การบินไทยแถลงผลสอบสวนข้อเท็จจร-2
Old Oct 29, 2018, 12:11 am

Programs: KF Gold|VA Gold|HH Diamond|Kimpton IC|Hyatt Gold
So in short, THAI are not going to do anything?
restlessinRNO likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
BKK Post link below loads, the one above doesn’t for me.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/gen...eating-dispute

Some more detail on the (Thai) pax who gave up thier seats:

Two paying passengers finally gave up their first-class seats, moving to business, so the plane could take off. They turned out to be Sakda Pankla, former industry deputy secretary-general, and his wife Yuwaree, a science lecturer at Chulalongkorn University.

Ms Yuwaree complained on her Facebook page about the airline's treatment of the passengers.

"From what happened, I was surprised by the actions of deadhead pilots and on-duty pilots. They should provide service for passengers. Instead, they did it for themselves without taking into mind the feelings of passengers. It was as if the passengers were held hostage to their demands," she wrote on Oct 14.

What had actually delayed the flight did not become public until a complaint Mr Sakda sent to the airline leaked out. The four pilots were instructed not to discuss the matter in public.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/transport/1562590/

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Oct 29, 2018 at 2:12 am
Old Oct 29, 2018, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by oh_lol
So in short, THAI are not going to do anything?
excellent summary
and every TG pilot who does not take passengers hostage to get what he wants in future is a sissy and a wimp
Old Oct 29, 2018, 4:47 am

Actually, that is not a too unusual situation at TG. I don't fly TG so often, but I've experienced waiting for a VVIP or people getting involuntary downgraded because of a VVIP and his/her entourage.

A few VVIPs at TG more or less doesn't make a big difference.

I would have asked to get rebooked on LX F.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by thbe
Actually, that is not a too unusual situation at TG. I don't fly TG so often, but I've experienced waiting for a VVIP or people getting involuntary downgraded because of a VVIP and his/her entourage.

A few VVIPs at TG more or less doesn't make a big difference.

I would have asked to get rebooked on LX F.
i think you misjudge the situation
nobody sitting in F had actually a F ticket as ZRH BKK is usual on a 777 with J/Y only and F is not sold; however the J on a 747 is a substandard angle flat seat and only F seats are full flat. So the passengers sitting in F were J passengers, either with status or TIP
So you could not realistically ask to get rebooked, not on LX J and particular not on LX F
SKT-DK likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
I don't fly TG so often, but...
Classic FT arm chair CEO response which seems to be then norm these days. ‘I don’t fly a lot but I am sure my one flight is representative of every single one’..

Would be be great if responses like this would be at least substantiated by something more that one or two flights..

Last edited by SKT-DK; Oct 29, 2018 at 9:09 am
Old Oct 29, 2018, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Classic FT arm chair CEO response which seems to be then norm these days. ‘I don’t fly a lot but I am sure my one flight is representative of every single one’..

Would be be great if responses like this would be at least substantiated by something more that one or two flights...
In this calendar year I'll have 14 rt flights on TG. That is not so often, but at least more than one or two flights. And as I fly LH group more often this year, I wouldn't say, that I don't fly a lot in total.

If the VVIP phenomenom at TG was new for you, you maybe fly TG less often than not so often or at least on other routes, which are avoided by VVIP..
Old Oct 29, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
In this calendar year I'll have 14 rt flights on TG. That is not so often, but at least more than one or two flights. And as I fly LH group more often this year, I wouldn't say, that I don't fly a lot in total.

If the VVIP phenomenom at TG was new for you, you maybe fly TG less often than not so often or at least on other routes, which are avoided by VVIP..
And on how many of them have you encountered any inconvenience by TIPs?

I never said it does not happen - but starting an argument with ‘I don’t fly TG a lot’ does not really induce much credibility to start with (and what on earth does Lufthansa have to do with it?)

Anyway, moving on...
Old Oct 29, 2018, 11:38 am

And on how many of them have you encountered any inconvenience by TIPs?

This year three times out of 12 rt flights on TG. FRA and MUC seem to be a prefered destinations for Thai VVIP.

I never said it does not happen - but starting an argument with ‘I don’t fly TG a lot’ does not really induce much credibility to start with

Read again and you will find out, that I've never said
‘I don’t fly TG a lot’.

I've never experienced a VVIP incident with any other airline. And I think, that makes the ratio 3 out of 12 flights so far this year with TG quite high, even if 12 flights isn't so much.

(and what on earth does Lufthansa have to do with it?)
I was directly refering to your former posting:
'Would be be great if responses like this would be at least substantiated by something more that one or two flights..'
Actually I have the top tier status at two mayor airlines of two different alliances plus EY Plat at this moment. And to be clear: I'm working on flying less, not more.

Or did you mean more than one or two flights a week?
Old Oct 29, 2018, 7:41 pm

This year three times out of 12 rt flights on TG. FRA and MUC seem to be a prefered destinations for Thai VVIP.
and what was the impact of having a Thai VVIP on board on you on those 3 flights? have you been downgraded from F to J or what?
SKT-DK likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 11:11 pm

Read again and you will find out, that I've never said ‘I don’t fly TG a lot’.
Really? - please do revisit my bolding in the direct quoting of yourself above. "Not so often" is pretty much the same, is it not?

Actually I have the top tier status at two mayor airlines of two different alliances plus EY Plat at this moment. And to be clear: I'm working on flying less, not more.
Good for you - not that it is as much of an achievement as you make it out to be
Old Oct 29, 2018, 11:51 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Folks, this is not the place for personal spats which add nothing to the debate and only discourage others from contributing.

This subject is done - let’s move on, please.

NWIFlyer
Senior Moderator
SKT-DK, BinSabai and royng like this.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 5:59 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum
I got caught with the same VVTIP 3x over the space of 6 months flying first BKK/LHR and also LHR/BKK, on 2 of the flights i was the only "normal" passenger in first ( the other 5/6 being the VVIP plus bodyguards and personal assistants) . a good chunk of business class (first 8/10 rows at least) seemed also to have been taken over by assorted hangers on to the VVIP. I even got a slight smile of recognition from the VVIP on the final flight. I must say that i experienced no real inconvenience, other than the feeling of being given a ringside seat (3x) at some of the rather strange rituals that surround these people.
Thaikwai and BinSabai like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.