Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trending?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2024, 4:49 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
Missing the function already and probably will only stick to my usual forum now rather than browse through different ones due to the trending links.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by ft543
Just like GoBob said, if the goal was to lower my activity and engagement on the site then this plan is working wonderfully!
Same here. Trending was my go-to page for this site. Losing Trending means I will be here much less often(and thereby seeing much less ads)
Old Mar 5, 2024, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GoBob

Also, to the poster above who referenced the home page on FT with the links to the trending page - a blue, white and yellow scheme about 2/3ds of the way down - that hasn't updated in days....
This is a really good indication that something else on the site is going to change soon. No one makes a change that break’s general functionality on a sites homepage, and leaves it broken for days.

They are either planning a full on site redesign and are behind, or something is really broken on the backend and its held together by tape.

Or, no one at all is in charge and there is a whole lot of finger pointing and not my job boss….
asovse1 likes this.

Last edited by returnoftheyeti; Mar 5, 2024 at 6:32 pm
Old Mar 5, 2024, 9:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Fortune Wings Club Gold
Trending is the best discovery. I have confidence the flyertalk team will make the right choice and bring it back.
skimthetrees and FabCW like this.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 11:34 pm

I don't get why the reluctance to bring it back... people want it, makes people click more forums they wouldn't have before, and generates more engagement - why not then?
Old Mar 5, 2024, 11:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
I thought that is a technical glitch but I now know this is intentional. This is super bad decision. I gained so much knowledge by looking at trending threads (airlines/ hotels/ trip reports). Also I was able to provide support if a 'I need help' thread appears in whatever forum.

I understand you guys check traffic - well I visit FT now 50% less just because I don't like to click around. The user friendliness has massively declined for me.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 11:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by FMDXR
Same here. Trending was my go-to page for this site. Losing Trending means I will be here much less often(and thereby seeing much less ads)
Absolutely the same for me.
skimthetrees and oldfolky like this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 12:25 am

Programs: QF WP
“Thanks. I hate it”
+1 for bringing it back!!
CalmKaren, oldfolky and nmpls like this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 12:55 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, BonVoy Gold, BW Diamond, RR Premium
Really bad move. I don't have time to go hunt for the good and interesting posts. I detest when people make my decisions for me. Losing respect now. This is how I find out about other people, places, airlines, etc., that I would not know to look for. Ridiculous to disable something we all use.
ecaarch, skimthetrees and oldfolky like this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 2:46 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; WN A-list; UA Silver
Getting rid of trending is annoying and makes it harder to discover new content.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 2:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
I'm kinda curious to know how most users are using the site if Trending was low usage - presumably they stay quite siloed in their particular forums?
returnoftheyeti and oldfolky like this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 5:19 am

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
I always went through Trending topics first and learned so much about travel from reading threads I’ll never find now. After I read those I would visit two or three hotel and airline threads that I actively use. It’s puzzling why there can’t still be some kind of link to get to it if it’s not the default landing page.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by travelingdrsuz
Ridiculous to disable something we all use.
Apparently most users don't use it, only the few complaining here.
SPN Lifer and returnoftheyeti like this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 6:17 am

Programs: AAdvantage, HH, SPG Gold
Trending was my go to page. I will miss spending time learning on Flyertalk. I'm another vote for a return of Trending. Please?!!
Old Mar 6, 2024, 6:44 am

Programs: Free agent
Bring it back please.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.