1) Disabling infinite scroll:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Edit options
      • Disable Infinite Scroll

2) Restore previous post editing options:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Settings and Options
      • Miscellaneous Options
        • Message Editor Interface and select “Standard Editor -- extra formatting controls” (you may see odd behavior in this unsupported editor)

NOTE: For ease of both members posting and Technical Support, this thread has been split into two threads for 2018; one exclusively for MOBILE devices, the other for DESKTOP devices. You can find them here:

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for DESKTOP Devices BUG REPORTS (link), and

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - 2017 BUG REPORTS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2017, 2:26 pm

The new formatting is {chef kisses fingers}.

This is from an iPad/iOS, in case anyone cares.
Attached Images  
Old Nov 22, 2017, 3:14 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by sbm12
Noticed that the insert image by URL option now copies the image local to IB servers and serves it from there. Seems like a potential copyright issue there.
Functionally better than tons of broken photobucket images.
T8191 likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 3:40 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
I find FT to be basically unusable on mobile (iOS) now. If you aren’t super careful while scrolling, the thread will jump back pages so you completely lose your place.

And waiting for the reply box to finish loading takes ages compared to the old version.

I’m failing to see any meaningful improvements, still. Just bugs and frustration.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 3:57 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
For Infinite Scroll jumping back to the first page, are you clicking on the thread title or First Unread Post?
Old Nov 22, 2017, 4:08 pm

Programs: LH HON
The website is borderline unusable on iOS 11. Why fix something that wasn't broken in the first place?
Old Nov 22, 2017, 4:13 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by ckx2
The website is borderline unusable on iOS 11. Why fix something that wasn't broken in the first place?
Do you have Infinite Scroll turned off? Can you be a little more specific?
Old Nov 22, 2017, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Can one of the grown-ups just disable infinite scroll for everyone and be done for goodness sake? The issues it is causing are easily avoidable. If there is one person on this planet that asked for it then please let us know.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
The word "yesterday" is too long for the last post column and forces it to three or more lines on my Firefox. Am/pm is pushed to the second line.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 5:24 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by beltway
The new formatting is {chef kisses fingers}.

This is from an iPad/iOS, in case anyone cares.
Seeing the same on Chrome on Windows as well.

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Can one of the grown-ups just disable infinite scroll for everyone and be done for goodness sake? The issues it is causing are easily avoidable. If there is one person on this planet that asked for it then please let us know.
+1,000
Old Nov 22, 2017, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
As someone who administers a vBulletin board, we set the number of posts per page to 100 (configurable). That was never an option when I was on the TalkBoard -- it got turned down by TPTB. Now, infinite scroll is OK?

Hey, IB, how about increasing the number of posts per page for those of us who don't want to use this infinite scroll? 100 would be nice.
lo2e, scottpenderson and SLC_IAH like this.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
When I click to manage attachments on my iPhone (not using mobile version) it just brings up a white screen.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 8:27 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
Still unusable on my iPhone/iPad.

At one point I disabled infinite scroll, which seemed to solve SOME of the problems, but now it's back on, I think. It's hard to check on the mobile because it is so dysfunctional. And most of my browsing is when I'm not signed in, so I'm not sure if it is supposed to be disabled in that mode or not. In any event IT DOESN'T WORK!!!

Also, the ads, banners, etc reduce the screen area of usable content down to as little as 25 or 30%.

All in all, a clusterfumble of the first order. Is this it? Are we stuck with this mess? (Sorry for the strong language, but this was all preventable. If it ain't broke ... )

And while we're at it, I hope IHG understands that their incessant pop-ups are having the opposite effect to the one intended .
Old Nov 22, 2017, 8:47 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Not sure what's going on, but in the last couple days, my CPU on my computer is pegged at 80-90% whenever I'm on the forums. As soon as I close FT, the CPU usage will die down. I could have twenty different tabs open, but as soon as FT is closed, CPU usage normalizes. Also my RAM usage goes up 100% with FT. Let's say Chrome uses 500MB of RAM. With FT this jumps to 1000MB of RAM used.

Is FT doing crytocurrency mining?

Last edited by alphaod; Nov 23, 2017 at 12:35 am Reason: Spelling.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 9:56 pm

Programs: AA(PPro), UA, AGR, BW(Plat), HH, WoH, MB(S)
Originally Posted by alphaod
Not sure what's going on, but in the last couple days, my CPU on my computer is pegged at 80-90% whenever I'm on the forums. As soon as I close FT, the CPU usage will die down. I could have twenty different tabs open, but as soon as FT is closed, CPU usage normalizes. Also my RAM usage goes up 100% with FT. Let's say Chrome uses 500MB of RAM. With FT this jumps to 1000MB of RAM used.

Is FT doing cybercurrency mining?
Same issue here. When on FT, the laptop gets hot, the fan comes on, and Task Manager shows 50% or more CPU usage. Other ad-heavy sites like ESPN don't pull resources like FT. It's now the worst site for CPU usage that I frequent.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 9:59 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
This new design is absolutely awful. It looks terrible, but even setting that aside, there are so many bugs that it's practically unusable.

For instance, multi-quote is essentially dead, because there's no more button to post a reply. So, select all the multi-quote posts I want, but they obviously don't show up in the Quick Reply, and if I hit Go Advanced, there's nothing quoted there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.