1) Disabling infinite scroll:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Edit options
      • Disable Infinite Scroll

2) Restore previous post editing options:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Settings and Options
      • Miscellaneous Options
        • Message Editor Interface and select “Standard Editor -- extra formatting controls” (you may see odd behavior in this unsupported editor)

NOTE: For ease of both members posting and Technical Support, this thread has been split into two threads for 2018; one exclusively for MOBILE devices, the other for DESKTOP devices. You can find them here:

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for DESKTOP Devices BUG REPORTS (link), and

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - 2017 BUG REPORTS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2017, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rickg523
Don't know if it's related to the update and didn't read all these posts to see if it's been mentioned, but in the Mobile One format, the New Posts button is missing from the drop down side bar menu, whether on the portal page or on the Forum main page. To get to New Posts, I either go to the full site (when using this method, the New Posts section comes up in Mobile One format, thankfully) or choose a short thread and use the New Posts button at the bottom of the page.
Nice to get that drop down menu button back. I believe it went missing around the 15th.
Thanks.
Fixed! Thanks.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 7:30 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by TomMM
Want to make this upgrade look like a masterpiece? Go visit the forums of IB's other websites!
I noticed I never did get a response from IB asking what other forums this "upgrade" has been implemented on so I could see what it looked like and if it was just as buggy. Had a feeling the reason was because they were as bad or worse. This is something you would see from a freshman taking an Intro to Web Design and Development class as an elective because they thought it would be easy.

At this point I don't even care about the bugs, I care about the fact that the page full of white and awful blues is assaulting my eyes and the UI is so poorly thought out. I just don't understand what is happening here.

At the absolute least, can we get a night time or dark airplane cabin skin or maybe just 3 or 4 skin/color options to choose from? Opening FlyerTalk in a dark airplane cabin is like staring into the sun. Normally I would use one of the many browser eye strain add-ons to adjust the color down, but because of the way this website is coded, those add-ons think every color on the page is a background so it breaks the add-on.
Traveller likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
using iPhone ... when I turn the phone sideways and expand the display size, the ad on the right side migrates toward the center of the screen

... realized I’m not the first to mention this
Originally Posted by 747FC
When reading FT on my Ipad, my finger-swipe attempt to increase size of the page causes the vertical advertisement on the right to move into the reading pane. Not only very annoying, but does not allow the verbiage to be read.

Last edited by jrl767; Nov 20, 2017 at 7:51 pm
Old Nov 20, 2017, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
and add another to the list of those who think “Thread Starter” is stupid
Old Nov 20, 2017, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jrl767
I agree with you, and for some odd reason the formatting has gone wonky on the "Thread Starter". Previously it was below the username and white text on black fill, but now it's showing up for me as highlighted text. This is from a thread in the Chase sub-forum. Using Google Chrome on Win 7. @IBJoel
Old Nov 20, 2017, 11:58 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I agree with you, and for some odd reason the formatting has gone wonky on the "Thread Starter". Previously it was below the username and white text on black fill, but now it's showing up for me as highlighted text. This is from a thread in the Chase sub-forum. Using Google Chrome on Win 7. @IBJoel
Same here!
beltway likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 12:00 am

May be a stupid question that's already been answered, but is there any way to prevent the page from auto loading the previous/next pages' posts when scrolling up/down?

EDIT: Ah, found the infinite scroll option.
IBJoel likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
OP is pretty much standard now. I work for a company that does its best to not do what the industry does, waits until every client complains that we don't do what the rest of the industry does, then changes to the "industry standard" as though we invented it !

So, thread starter can disappear for all I care. I hate it when hipster millennials get hold of a thesaurus and think outside of the box.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by IBJoel
That is not the Enhanced Interface. That is the Standard Version, which is supposed to be that size and cannot be expanded in the new version of FT.
So now I go to a page wide version of a reply box ! Guys, this is not even one step forward but five steps back. You make all these changes then all of a sudden I/we are in some sort of twilight zone where we are all messing around changing options left, right, and centre to get something that was working just fine, working sort of fine but still with so many issues. And the font here (reply box in full metal jacket mode or whatever it is called) is still smaller than it used to be which I cannot be the only one that has noticed and, again, is having to compensate for in other ways.

Has no-one in IB given their head a wobble and thought "well this hasn't worked out too well"?

Last edited by Silver Fox; Nov 21, 2017 at 5:50 am
Old Nov 21, 2017, 5:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Add another.
deeruck and jdrtravel like this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Apologies from the far end of the bell-curve ...

iMac 27", macOS 10.13.1, Safari 11.0.1, now with added Ad Block ... no significant issues.
iPad Gen 3, Safari, no Ad Block yet [iPad too old!] ... no significant issues.

Only observation is that Go Advanced/Manage Attachments is blindingly slow to load, and seems to have lost the drag and drop feature I saw recently.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 7:06 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Originally Posted by Howste
The Insert Image button seems to be broken. I can't paste an image URL into it no matter what I try. I'm using Chrome.
What browser are you using? And desktop or mobile? I was able to post a photo URL from wikipedia OK, but want to test more. Were you using Quick Reply or Advanced?
@IBJoel this is still broken. I use this every day and I have to type the [/img] codes manually.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Howste
@IBJoel this is still broken. I use this every day and I have to type the [/img] codes manually.
IB is refusing to fix this.

I posted a bit earlier about this:-
Originally Posted by Globaliser
The new feature doesn't work. When I asked about it in the standard editor I was told that the standard editor will not be fixed no longer be supported (in techie speak).

I have changed to using the basic editor, which at least is controllable. I can type tags faster than I can fix WYSIWYG idiocies.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by Globaliser
IB is refusing to fix this.

I posted a bit earlier about this:-
Thanks. Not good news. At least the paste function on the right-click menu was fixed and I can still type.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 7:55 am

I am really impressed with all the differences (bugs) you guys found between the old and new layout. After I got rid of the "infinitely stupid scroll", the forum seems about the same as before to me except the color changed from baby blue to navy blue on the bars. I am using both Firefox and Chrome on PC. I rarely look at the site on mobile so maybe it is more messed up there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.