1) Disabling infinite scroll:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Edit options
      • Disable Infinite Scroll

2) Restore previous post editing options:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Settings and Options
      • Miscellaneous Options
        • Message Editor Interface and select “Standard Editor -- extra formatting controls” (you may see odd behavior in this unsupported editor)

NOTE: For ease of both members posting and Technical Support, this thread has been split into two threads for 2018; one exclusively for MOBILE devices, the other for DESKTOP devices. You can find them here:

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for DESKTOP Devices BUG REPORTS (link), and

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - 2017 BUG REPORTS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2017, 10:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Manually type the [img][/img][/noparse] tags around the URL of the image.

For example, type this: [img]https://www.flyertalk.com/images/gfx_FTlogo.gif[/img]

And get this:-

Thanks! Thought it might be that.

Cheers.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 10:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
When is the type in the wikis & in the reply box going to be set to normal type sizes vs. tiny ones? Oh yeah, and in an original post. I just started a thread & the type while I was posting in the first post was tiny.

When is the wiki stuff going to get fixed in general?

Why is there a read button/marker next to new thread in some of the forums? It's not clickable or anything & doesn't appear in all of them.

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Nov 27, 2017 at 10:09 am
Old Nov 27, 2017, 12:18 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by muji
Since the FT layout change, I no longer can find a way to change font sizes when editing wikis.
Is there no longer a way to do this?
This is something we are currently working on.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 12:23 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by florens
Search results all messed up. Chrome.
I've figured out what causes this. When you enter terms that that search takes out, it causes the formatting problem. I am asking our tech team to fix.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 12:58 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by muji
The columns (Last Post; Threads; Posts) at the far right of a page do not always line up correctly.
(They were OK in the past.)
Will this be fixed?
I have asked this to be fixed, as well as the wrapping problem from "Yesterday" in the Last Post column
Old Nov 27, 2017, 1:05 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
Try bookmarking this: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/search.php?do=process&searchuser=Mickidon&mythread s=1

@IBobi / @IBJoel: Can you tell us if the way "My Threads" has become "My Recent Posts" with changed behaviour is on the bug list?
Originally Posted by Mickidon
I'm trying to find out how to see my old threads…..the my recent post button only show MY last 15 posts, but not posts in threads made recently by others. And 15 is rather limited anyway.
I have read through this and see that others have requested this feature to be reinstated but I don't see much recently. Is there a work around?
MY RECENT POSTS will show your posts over the past 90 days.

You can use the bookmark posted by EsherFlyer to find your older posts; I go to the profile page, the statistics tab, and click either of the "FIND ALL" buttons -- this works for any member, not just yourself, and is very useful.

Old Nov 27, 2017, 1:16 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by RumPatrol
I'm starting to notice issues where the trending threads page won't actually populate. The page seems to fully load, there is just nothing on it. Refreshing it once or twice gets it to work again, but it seems like the first time I click the Forum button to access to Trending Threads page each day, it is blank. Not sure what the issue is, but like all these other issues, they are only happening after the "upgrade."
What browser do you use? I have not experienced this.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 1:41 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by IBJoel
I experience this periodically with on macOS Sierra with Chrome Version 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) (64-bit).
Old Nov 27, 2017, 2:19 pm
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by Globaliser
You've got to change the URL to incorporate your own user name!

The URL that's been given there is https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/search.php?do=process&searchuser=Mickidon&mythread s=1

You want to use https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/search.php?do=process&searchuser=squeeler&mythread s=1. (But you will need to remove the stray space that goes into the end of that.) Try clicking this: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sear...er&mythreads=1 - and if it works, copy that URL and save it.

Genius, thank you.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FT on my phone started showing ads after 11/15.. never had them before (i think i bought some ad-free subscription long time ago); desktop is still ad-free...
Any way to fix it? (as in not having ads anywhere, not adding them to desktop )
Old Nov 27, 2017, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Can you fix the mildly irritating way in which, when you reply to a post and quote a previous one, that you have to scroll down past "Manage attachments" to get to "Submit Reply".
Old Nov 27, 2017, 3:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by IBobi
MY RECENT POSTS will show your posts over the past 90 days.
Two problems there:
- The whole point of the request is to go back to the old behaviour of not applying that 90 day limit. Why do you think that limit is ever useful ?
- It doesn't show posts - it shows threads that one has posted in.

You can use the bookmark posted by EsherFlyer to find your older posts
We're hoping you'll return the equivalent link to somewhere quickly accessible.

I go to the profile page, the statistics tab, and click either of the "FIND ALL" buttons -- this works for any member, not just yourself, and is very useful.
Two problems there:
- That's quite a bit of navigation, while pre-upgrade the requests search was in the Quick Links dropdown
- Neither of those links does the equivalent of the link requested. One shows a list of posts but no information on the latest update to those threads, and the other shows threads stated by rather than contributed to.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by lo2e
That actually happened to me when Trending Threads was first launched in February: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27848785-post26.html
Originally Posted by lin821
Actually, that happened to me a few time way before this upgrade. I just didn't bother to bring it up since I was, and still am, not into this particular feature.

+2
Originally Posted by IBJoel
I am on Firefox, but as you can see, I'm not the only one with the problem.

It is not a particularly big deal because it is intermittent, typically the first time I log into FT for a day and any subsequent refreshes and visits that session are usually fine but it is an odd error to get. It isn't like the page isn't loading, the page fully loads, there is just no trending threads listed.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by Mickidon
​​​​​​​That worked - thank you. But certainly a clunky, unnecessary step.
It doesn't work anymore….I have to keep going back to this thread to get the link. Disappointing in the extreme as that was my primary way of using FT.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 3:35 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by azepine00
FT on my phone started showing ads after 11/15.. never had them before (i think i bought some ad-free subscription long time ago); desktop is still ad-free...
Any way to fix it? (as in not having ads anywhere, not adding them to desktop )
Looking into this.

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Can you fix the mildly irritating way in which, when you reply to a post and quote a previous one, that you have to scroll down past "Manage attachments" to get to "Submit Reply".
I have indeed reported this (I'm seeing it too) but I'm guessing it is going to be a while before this can be remedied as it is core software behavior and not modifiable outside a patch cycle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.