1) Disabling infinite scroll:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Edit options
      • Disable Infinite Scroll

2) Restore previous post editing options:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Settings and Options
      • Miscellaneous Options
        • Message Editor Interface and select “Standard Editor -- extra formatting controls” (you may see odd behavior in this unsupported editor)

NOTE: For ease of both members posting and Technical Support, this thread has been split into two threads for 2018; one exclusively for MOBILE devices, the other for DESKTOP devices. You can find them here:

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for DESKTOP Devices BUG REPORTS (link), and

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - 2017 BUG REPORTS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2017, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by Globaliser
A bug has come back in in relation to thread positioning. If you open a thread to a specific post (eg first unread, or last post in thread), that post is now about an inch below the top of the screen when it should be at the very top of the screen.

I think this started overnight last night - please can it be reverted?
Agree. Plus I have also noticed that it is starting to load a lot slower today using the same FF browser 52.5.0 I have for a while.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 10:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Someone posted in a dif thread a work-around for the huge CPU usage...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29114024-post658.html
Old Nov 29, 2017, 11:34 am
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by intuition
Log out does not work for me.

Using the "Log out" menu item in the upper right corner drop down, sends me to a page saying "Logged out, all cookies cleared". I quit the browser. Later, I restart the browser and head directly to this link (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/usercp.php) and boom I am logged in.

Not a hick-up, I can repeat with same result.

In earlier versions, log out did actually clear the cookies, and using the direct link redirected to a log in page.
Is this inability to log out still occurring for you (or anyone)?
Old Nov 29, 2017, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by IBobi
Not as such.

However, if I go directly to https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/usercp.php when logged out, the login fields no longer come with a "Remember me" box. From subsequent behaviour (ie I don't get automatically logged out) I infer that this page is behaving as if there were a box that is ticked/checked.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
I can logout. But despite the fact that I don't have the Remember Me box checked, it still keeps remembering my login.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 12:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
It's back.
Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
Not quite. The "&starteronly=1" was not on the original (and best).

It used to be a list of threads contributed to, not threads started.
Does the above need an @IBobi?
Old Nov 29, 2017, 1:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
So, now I need to be logged in to get rid of infinite scroll. I had set up a greasemonkey script that would change the "Style ID" after infinite scroll first appeared, and it was a convenient work around. It got rid of the infinite scroll without forcing me to be logged in. Now I must be logged in to view the site without infinite scroll.

First, I do not log in to any Web site unless I need to. I don't save my passwords and would only log in to Flyertalk, for example, if I'm going to post something.

Second, the site is unusable to me if this "Infinite scroll" is activated. It's just lousy.

I'm not sure we've gotten a straight answer, but I'll join the others who have asked: Why on earth is infinite scroll the default way to view the forum?

I've not heard a single person say, "Hey, I really like having this infinite scroll on as the default setting."

As a result of this, I have used the site minimally in the last couple of weeks (waiting and hoping that this issue would go away). Now that a greasemonkey script will not work, I'm not really sure what options are available to me. It is unfortunate, as this is a great site with very useful information. It is not, however, worth the headache of (1) logging in every single time, and (2) having to deal with infinite scroll.

Please get rid of the infinite scroll default. Nobody likes it.
Miggles likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 2:49 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by Spanish
So, now I need to be logged in to get rid of infinite scroll. I had set up a greasemonkey script that would change the "Style ID" after infinite scroll first appeared, and it was a convenient work around. It got rid of the infinite scroll without forcing me to be logged in. Now I must be logged in to view the site without infinite scroll.

First, I do not log in to any Web site unless I need to. I don't save my passwords and would only log in to Flyertalk, for example, if I'm going to post something.

Second, the site is unusable to me if this "Infinite scroll" is activated. It's just lousy.

I'm not sure we've gotten a straight answer, but I'll join the others who have asked: Why on earth is infinite scroll the default way to view the forum?

I've not heard a single person say, "Hey, I really like having this infinite scroll on as the default setting."

As a result of this, I have used the site minimally in the last couple of weeks (waiting and hoping that this issue would go away). Now that a greasemonkey script will not work, I'm not really sure what options are available to me. It is unfortunate, as this is a great site with very useful information. It is not, however, worth the headache of (1) logging in every single time, and (2) having to deal with infinite scroll.

Please get rid of the infinite scroll default. Nobody likes it.
It's got to have something to do with ads. Probably each "page" loaded with infinite scroll is counted as a page view, thereby artificially inflating usage stats.
lupine and ProleOnParole like this.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 6:47 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
Does the above need an @IBobi?
Requested from tech...
Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:03 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by DELee
Multi-quote still not working on IE11.

David
And not on Edge, either (pre- or post-the recent Windows 10 update). Please help.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I really really really hate this new layout.

I don't like no having pages....this scrolling is utterly ridiculous.

I think it's really quite bad.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 10:03 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Globaliser
A bug has come back in in relation to thread positioning. If you open a thread to a specific post (eg first unread, or last post in thread), that post is now about an inch below the top of the screen when it should be at the very top of the screen.
I could be wrong; but I believe that that extra space is to compensate for the new “sticky” menu bar for those FlyerTalk members who choose to keep Infinite Scroll activated, as that menu was blocking the top of the first unread message.
IBobi likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 10:18 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I am too jet lagged to explain well what I am facing, but in short I have enough issues with the new format on my pc with W10. However, on my iPad Pro 2, the new version is a nightmare. I have trouble simply going from one page to another much less trying to get back to the root forum. Then holy terror if I should need to edit a post before it has been uploaded. Moments ago I just lost another potential post and had to start over again.

When I travel, FT helps me in lots of ways but this new version complicates my access and participation.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 12:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by Xeno
I am too jet lagged to explain well what I am facing, but in short I have enough issues with the new format on my pc with W10. However, on my iPad Pro 2, the new version is a nightmare. I have trouble simply going from one page to another much less trying to get back to the root forum. Then holy terror if I should need to edit a post before it has been uploaded. Moments ago I just lost another potential post and had to start over again.

When I travel, FT helps me in lots of ways but this new version complicates my access and participation.
Me too. It's simply too hard to try and compose a reply on my mobile (aka cell ), and the crazy auto-backscroll means that trying to read a thread is usually a futile exercise too. Net result is I'm doing less, which surely isn't the intended outcome.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Bumping changing the "Thread starter" in washed out yellow highlighter back to "Original Poster" in a nice blue like what it was. Innit.
pushmyredbutton likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.