1) Disabling infinite scroll:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Edit options
      • Disable Infinite Scroll

2) Restore previous post editing options:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Settings and Options
      • Miscellaneous Options
        • Message Editor Interface and select “Standard Editor -- extra formatting controls” (you may see odd behavior in this unsupported editor)

NOTE: For ease of both members posting and Technical Support, this thread has been split into two threads for 2018; one exclusively for MOBILE devices, the other for DESKTOP devices. You can find them here:

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for DESKTOP Devices BUG REPORTS (link), and

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - 2017 BUG REPORTS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2017, 3:36 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
Two problems there:
- The whole point of the request is to go back to the old behaviour of not applying that 90 day limit. Why do you think that limit is ever useful ?
- It doesn't show posts - it shows threads that one has posted in.

We're hoping you'll return the equivalent link to somewhere quickly accessible.

Two problems there:
- That's quite a bit of navigation, while pre-upgrade the requests search was in the Quick Links dropdown
- Neither of those links does the equivalent of the link requested. One shows a list of posts but no information on the latest update to those threads, and the other shows threads stated by rather than contributed to.
What, exactly, is the functionality you are requesting? I am not familiar with the link you used to use, what it was called, where it was or what it did. I used the functions I indicated in my post.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 4:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by IBobi
What, exactly, is the functionality you are requesting? I am not familiar with the link you used to use, what it was called, where it was or what it did. I used the functions I indicated in my post.
On the pre-upgrade Quick Links drop down there was an item My Threads which is no longer there. It did what the link I've shared above does:
- For all the threads you've ever posted in
- List them in order of latest post by any user

There might be thread that covers a topic I'm interested in, but I don't post very often. I used to be able to see that new posts had been made, and go read them. Maybe reply, may be not. The new time limit means that it disappears from my view if I haven't posted in 90 days. You'll probably tell me I can pin it in some way, but I'm not so interested in all these threads that I'll do that. That old link was a perfect way to keep up with them.

Search this thread or "My Threads" and you'll see a few people have queried where it want to.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 4:51 pm

On the pre-upgrade Quick Links drop down there was an item My Threads which is no longer there. It did what the link I've shared above does:

There might be thread that covers a topic I'm interested in, but I don't post very often. I used to be able to see that new posts had been made, and go read them. Maybe reply, may be not. The new time limit means that it disappears from my view if I haven't posted in 90 days. You'll probably tell me I can pin it in some way, but I'm not so interested in all these threads that I'll do that. That old link was a perfect way to keep up with them.

Search this thread or "My Threads" and you'll see a few people have queried where it want to.
I will certainly ask our devs to restore this. Is it different from the Statistics tab link I mentioned, only in the way it displays the threads?
Old Nov 27, 2017, 6:17 pm

It's back.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's back.
Thanks ^
Looks like ever slowly the site is going back to what is was 10 days ago

If it ain't broke don't fix it
KISS principle does work.

Are they programming guys paid by the hour?
They seem to be on a self perpetuating work creation scheme.
T8191 likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Very frustrating scrolling in this site - go to a large thread I have not read before and no easy way to get to the recent posts. Go to a large thread and get to the new page and scroll slightly up and all this old crap appears.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 4:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
It's back.
Not quite. The "&starteronly=1" was not on the original (and best).

It used to be a list of threads contributed to, not threads started.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 6:44 am

Not quite. The "&starteronly=1" was not on the original (and best).

It used to be a list of threads contributed to, not threads started.
​​​​​​​Exactly….what it used to be, which isn't this.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
@IBobi

Originally Posted by Fredd
IIRC prior to November 15 I could click on "My FlyerTalk" at the bottom of the page. Now I either have to scroll back up to the top, or else manipulate the "Forum Jump" up to the very top.

I don't know if this is a bug or a feature, but I miss being able simply to click on "My FlyerTalk" at the bottom after reading a post.
Originally Posted by Canarsie
You are not the only one who requested its return.
Originally Posted by IBJoel
I will ask to get this link reinstated!
I don't want to pester, but continue to notice the omission every time I read a post and then want to return to "My FlyerTalk."

Any progress toward reinstating this?
Old Nov 28, 2017, 10:41 am

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
@IBobi
I don't want to pester, but continue to notice the omission every time I read a post and then want to return to "My FlyerTalk."

Second this request.
Please reinstate "My FlyerTalk" Yellow Icon; hopefully visible on same screen as last post; above "Quick reply" box.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Multi-quote still not working on IE11.

David
Old Nov 28, 2017, 6:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Since I'm allowed per FT TOS to quote myself, here's what I posted in another thread complaining about the infinite scroll issue:

"For gawd's sake, instead of making everyone miserable, just turn off infinite scroll for everyone. Has there been a single report of any FTer liking infinite scroll & saying oh thank you IB, thank you. Quick answer: no. Instead there are a multiple of complaints. And we all know customer service 101. For those who complain there are a hundred more (or in this case thousands) who hate it & just go elsewhere. Geesh. You (generic IB you, not you specifically; none of my comments are ever specific to you personally) have it within your control to eliminate one of the biggest complaints, yet you choose not to do so. Instead you prefer people to be unhappy. Please, please explain the rationale of that to me & others. We truly don't get it."

Cheers.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 6:40 pm

@IBobi

It's still in the queue to be done, along with a couple dozen other things. Thanks for being patient!
T8191 likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
It's still in the queue to be done, along with a couple dozen other things. Thanks for being patient!
Thank you in turn for the update.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
A bug has come back in in relation to thread positioning. If you open a thread to a specific post (eg first unread, or last post in thread), that post is now about an inch below the top of the screen when it should be at the very top of the screen.

I think this started overnight last night - please can it be reverted?
Buster and Silver Fox like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.