1) Disabling infinite scroll:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Edit options
      • Disable Infinite Scroll

2) Restore previous post editing options:
  • Go to My FlyerTalk Control Panel
    • Settings and Options
      • Miscellaneous Options
        • Message Editor Interface and select “Standard Editor -- extra formatting controls” (you may see odd behavior in this unsupported editor)

NOTE: For ease of both members posting and Technical Support, this thread has been split into two threads for 2018; one exclusively for MOBILE devices, the other for DESKTOP devices. You can find them here:

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for DESKTOP Devices BUG REPORTS (link), and

2018 FT Nov 2017 Upgrade for MOBILE Devices BUG REPORTS
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: FT 15 Nov 2017 Upgrade Tech Thread - 2017 BUG REPORTS

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by flatlander
Go to your profile, "edit options" on the left, then tick:
Never go to Mobile Skin
Forum Skin : FtDesktopNG
Thread display options - disable infinite scroll

Remember to click save at the bottom of the page

This has made the new display much more usable for me: my screen real estate (on an ultraportable laptop with a smaller screen) is not being taken up by the turquoise navigation bar at the top, or the thread navigation bar at the bottom, fixed in view all the time.

Having found that, I think the new display isn't too bad so far.
Once I tweaked it, I find the new display ok. I still haven't posted pictures, so will see.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 1:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by stimpy
...the old behavior listed out each thread that you've posted in, and ordered them by date of the most recent post in the thread.
And "My recent posts" is doing the same isn't it ? I don't like the new positioning, bit it seems to be equivalent unless I'm misreading the results.

EDIT: I now see that it probably isn't. It seems to be something like, "for my recent posts, show the thread they're in ordered by my last post date". Some threads that have more recent posts by others aren't at the top, where we'd like them to be.

Last edited by EsherFlyer; Nov 15, 2017 at 1:21 pm
Old Nov 15, 2017, 1:13 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
It feels clunky on my iPad Air. Scrolling up and down is a bit sticky... might be because of the header and footer.

Is is there no option for the original classic experience?
I am getting the same effect on my MBP. Seems to be poor design, not hardware related.

There is currently no option for the classic experience. If you scroll all the way to the bottom of any page you can see this drop down menu with the layouts. Earlier in the day after the change there was a third option for "Default Style" which featured a top bar that slide away when you scrolled down and came back the instant you scrolled up. Incredibly annoying and distracting, but at least used less real estate as long as you only scrolled down. That option is now gone. And for some reason it seems to default to "Mobile One" even on desktop, even though the theme is clearly not mobile. Changing the theme won't stick for me after I close the browser window.

A big for both the conception and implementation of this change. I really hope we can get a classic theme. This is distinctly in the best interest of IB since I personally, and I'm sure others as well, find it much harder currently to enjoy spending time here.
Silver Fox likes this.
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Globaliser
I've just unsubscribed from a thread that I've posted to, and the thread is still showing in the My Recent Posts list.

I've also unsubscribed from this thread to test what happens with this post.
Maybe it hasn't caught up to your change. For me My Recent Posts shows the threads I'm subscribed to. Which is only a few at the moment.

Yes, prime screenestate is gone. That said, going to my flyertalk, then edit options you can take away infinite scroll and revert to a modicum of standard but you can no longer switch easily to travel and dining, now you need to use a drop down bar. Very annoying.
Silver Fox and Flip42 like this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 1:18 pm
C W

Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
Yes, prime screenestate is gone. That said, going to my flyertalk, then edit options you can take away infinite scroll and revert to a modicum of standard but you can no longer switch easily to travel and dining, now you need to use a drop down bar. Very annoying.
Turning off infinite scroll in settings fixed the top and bottom bar issues for me. Thank you!

The aesthetics of the update and the new top bar drop down menus are still a nightmare, but I'm very happy to get that space back.

The rendering of https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trending.php is all messed up for me since the update.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 1:20 pm

Maybe it hasn't caught up to your change. For me My Recent Posts shows the threads I'm subscribed to. Which is only a few at the moment.
It is not showing the threads you are subscribed to. It is showing all the recent threads (last updated recently) that you have posted at least 1 post in it. I turn off auto subscribe so I don't subscribe to any thread when I post. That thread could be a thread that you posted a post a year ago but someone added a post just now and it will show up on the top of "My recent post".

So the correct name for that button should be "Recent thread that I have at least 1 post in it"

In order to really see "YOUR recent thread", it needs to resort that list by the date of your last post in those threads.

Last edited by Need; Nov 15, 2017 at 1:28 pm
Old Nov 15, 2017, 1:20 pm
C W

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Thank you. I looked for a different thread before I started this one, but apparently looked in the wrong place. I'll request a merge.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 1:32 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The new layout is not to my liking. I much preferred the pre-today layout for it made navigation and other things much easier/faster for me than the new layout.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Maybe it hasn't caught up to your change.
The timer currently says "generated 36 minute(s) ago" so I'm waiting to see what happens when it resets.

At the moment, the listing order is generally by time of last post to the thread, other than those to which I've posted recently. So it looks like that may update with the reset too.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 1:35 pm
C W

Just for fun I counted in this thread:

34 instances of negative feedback
31 problem reports
1 instance of positive feedback
3 instances of neutral feedback
9 requests for a classic theme

Please fix this IB. A classic theme is obviously overwhelmingly desired, not just tweaks to the new thing. And I think most would strongly prefer a full reversion.

If you choose to not do these things, please explain why you're going against the overwhelming and strongly voiced consensus of your loyal users.
Buster likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH SEN, EK ex-Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
Thanks for that hint. Agree with the rest of your post.

Subscribed threads seems to be gone as well. Have to go to MyFlyerTalk now and then I get that option bar on the left that I rarely need.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 1:36 pm
C W

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Can you just put the old skin back and be done. This is a crock of unadulterated crap. Nothing is intuitive as far as I am concerned and I have not seen one "enhancement" that actually is one.
Strongly agreed ^

There are no meaningful improvements here and essentially everything is worse.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 1:37 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
It's 1995 again!
Old Nov 15, 2017, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
The option still shows in settings, and I've tried unset / save / set / save, but still not being honoured .
Does not stick for me
Change for the sake of change
1 small step forward and 2 big steps backwards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.