ARCHIVE: 2017 Disruptive Ads / Advertisement on FT Reports

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jun 10, 2015, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
PLEASE POST SCREENSHOTS of the FULL SCREEN and report your DEVICE TYPE, BROWSER TYPE AND VERSION, and COUNTRY where you are browsing from in your post.This thread is strictly for the reporting of disruptive ads, including unwanted popups, page hijscks, malware attempts, etc. related to ad content. Please refrain from discussion or speculation about technical issues if they are not reports as specified here.

Originally Posted by IBobi
We apologize for the bad ads. We hope in the new year to have a solution that handles them more proactively and quickly. Thank you for your patience!
We understand disruptive advertisements lessen the enjoyment of your FlyerTalk browsing experience. Please post all disruptive advertisement reports here; your full report (see above) will assist Internet Brands / FlyerTalk in handling these expeditiously. Admin / Tech attempts to respond to all reports speedily, but eliminating problem adverts may require communication with advertisements suppliers or devising technical solutions that may require time. (Internet Brands operates during customary and usual work hours on the U. S. West Coast; holidays, weekends, etc. are observed.)

To see how to include a screen shot in your post, once you have taken the screen shot follow the instructions "Inserting a photo or image from your device into a post:" in the first post in the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...mage-post.html

NOTE: Internet Brands and FlyerTalk discourage the use of software that modifies your FlyerTalk browsing experience (e.g. ad blocking software). IB / FT declines all responsibility for the use of such software and can not provide support or assistance if such software is used. As well, we remind you IB / FT can only provide FlyerTalk free to members because of the financial support of advertisers; using ad blockers denies IB / FT income that would normally pay for your free community membership and browsing experience..

Posts suggesting or discussing use of ad blocking etc. software will be summarily deleted.

Link to Archive of older posts

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: 2017 Disruptive Ads / Advertisement on FT Reports

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2017, 10:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
And, if you enter a thread and it redirects you, you lose your "reading" place in the thread and if you try to click into the thread again it just takes you back to the start of the topic!
Old Feb 6, 2017, 7:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Browsing the FT Hilton Honors forum via iPhone, the following ad took over my Safari browser. It re-directed almost a dozen times before I stopped it and deleted the tab.

iPhone 6
iOS 10.2.1
Safari

Old Feb 6, 2017, 9:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: AS DL
Flyertalk ad proves emotional support animals are frauds, they're pets

Just now, there is an ad in the forums that reads "Make your pet an emotional support animal. ESA fly in the cabin free."

This is proof of abuse. All you have to do is pay for the letter and take a bogus quiz.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 9:04 pm

Correct.

It's out of hand.

Not sure if the airlines will decide to fight it any time soon as it will certainly draw negativity, especially in this age of social media and hash-tagging trends.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:09 am

Programs: AAdvantage (Platinum)
Here's the Comcast variation.
Attached Images  
Old Feb 7, 2017, 1:10 pm

Chrome 56.0.2924.87, Windows 10, Dell, UK

When first entering FT rather than giving the Forums homepage, it says that FT is "not secure", then it brings up a series of different dodgy looking extensions or websites

eg Combo Search, Seen On Screen, "Player missing, You need Media Player to play this media", Quantumcode all of which I can't exit from without killing Chrome

Last edited by alanR; Feb 7, 2017 at 1:16 pm
Old Feb 7, 2017, 11:21 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
The above quoted b-games (screenshot in my previous post) keeps popping up nearly every time I open a thread on my mobile. This is ridiculous. I'll stop using FT on mobile soon if this doesn't get resolved.

iOS 10.2.1
iPhone 6S
Safari
Old Feb 8, 2017, 10:44 am
hsk

Programs: *A, OW, Hyatt, Marriott
Same spammy ads on mobile. iOS user

Please fix this once and for all
Old Feb 9, 2017, 1:07 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Spammy ads on iOS

viewing http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1820566-very-exclusive-facebook-group-gold-ggl-premier-only.html redirects multiple times before ending up with this:

image upload no registration
Old Feb 9, 2017, 6:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Really?

Old Feb 9, 2017, 9:56 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Mobile Malvertizing

Okay this is starting to get tiring. For the last several months now, on serveral occasions, two separate advertisers when on flyertalk (Android) would randomly with out me getting near tapping an ad, redirect me to their scam pages. Just today this happened twice - in a five minute period.

The redirect today:
Spoiler

Hopefully, we can get this settled out and be more selective on the advertisers IB partners with.
​​​
..Android 6.0 / Chrome / Mobile Skin

Last edited by TheLifeOfA_NKCM; Feb 10, 2017 at 5:36 am
Old Feb 10, 2017, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Good luck.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 5:32 am

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Good luck.
I can always try right. It's only a matter of time before someone takes the bait or phone becomes infected.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 5:35 am

Oh I realized just now that there's already a thread for this. Mods, mind merging it with the existing one on this?
Old Feb 10, 2017, 7:42 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

More annoying full screen stuff without having the possibility to get back to the thread but rather had to start all over again

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.