ARCHIVE: 2017 Disruptive Ads / Advertisement on FT Reports

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jun 10, 2015, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
PLEASE POST SCREENSHOTS of the FULL SCREEN and report your DEVICE TYPE, BROWSER TYPE AND VERSION, and COUNTRY where you are browsing from in your post.This thread is strictly for the reporting of disruptive ads, including unwanted popups, page hijscks, malware attempts, etc. related to ad content. Please refrain from discussion or speculation about technical issues if they are not reports as specified here.

Originally Posted by IBobi
We apologize for the bad ads. We hope in the new year to have a solution that handles them more proactively and quickly. Thank you for your patience!
We understand disruptive advertisements lessen the enjoyment of your FlyerTalk browsing experience. Please post all disruptive advertisement reports here; your full report (see above) will assist Internet Brands / FlyerTalk in handling these expeditiously. Admin / Tech attempts to respond to all reports speedily, but eliminating problem adverts may require communication with advertisements suppliers or devising technical solutions that may require time. (Internet Brands operates during customary and usual work hours on the U. S. West Coast; holidays, weekends, etc. are observed.)

To see how to include a screen shot in your post, once you have taken the screen shot follow the instructions "Inserting a photo or image from your device into a post:" in the first post in the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...mage-post.html

NOTE: Internet Brands and FlyerTalk discourage the use of software that modifies your FlyerTalk browsing experience (e.g. ad blocking software). IB / FT declines all responsibility for the use of such software and can not provide support or assistance if such software is used. As well, we remind you IB / FT can only provide FlyerTalk free to members because of the financial support of advertisers; using ad blockers denies IB / FT income that would normally pay for your free community membership and browsing experience..

Posts suggesting or discussing use of ad blocking etc. software will be summarily deleted.

Link to Archive of older posts

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: 2017 Disruptive Ads / Advertisement on FT Reports

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Last time I agreed with someone about these, all the posts got moved: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...-shots-25.html
Old Mar 13, 2017, 11:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

These posts placed in the Air Canada Forum Lounge thread have been moved as the Technical Support and Feedback forum is the best place to bring concerns about accessing FT to the tech.'s attention.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Old Mar 13, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I'll take a screenshot next time it happens, but I'm just reading a thread on my phone, not even clicking anything, and I get sent through several* redirects to some advertiser's page.

*Hitting back doesn't take me back to FT. I have to go into history and go back to the 4th last page or so due to the redirects.

Edit: This is the one: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27988022-post351.html
Old Mar 13, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hi-guy
USA, Samsung S7, Chrome 56.0.2924.87
I'm seeing this too.

USA, Google Pixel XL on Android 7.1.1, Chrome 56.0.2924.87.

I cannot use the back button to return to FT, and have to go into Chrome history and click the 3rd or 4th last page, due to the redirects.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 12:37 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Thread merged to the ad complaints thread, which includes complaints about mobile hijacks - -thank you for reporting!
Old Mar 14, 2017, 4:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
FT mobile site redirecting to spam iPhone apps

Often when I open a thread I am redirected to a URL beginning "data" which opens Apple's App Store. Sometimes going back and reloading the page avoids this but often it happens repeatedly.

In my experience this is often due to problematic ads or pixels on a site that wants to make money. Maybe it's an unscrupulous ad network which FT uses? It's not my phone because other mobile sites I visit aren't doing this...

Can Flyertalk please fix this? It's infuriating.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 7:15 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
We've moved this to the Technical Support and Feedback forum, the best venue for these issues. We will soon mete it into the best thread.

JDiver, Co-Moderator, Technical Support and Feedback and The Suggestion Box fora
Old Mar 15, 2017, 5:33 am

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Can't we for the time being just work on a whitelist?.. Whitelisting the ad publishers that we know to be legitimate like adsense and adchoices and slowly monitor everything else before they get published?
Old Mar 17, 2017, 6:29 am

On mobIle just got two spam pages I can't get away from.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Annoying and frustrating. Sorry don't have screen shots. Too hard to do on mobile.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by javabytes
letgo ad is still a problem. (see quoted post for giant screenshots)
Still a problem. As is the Bubble Witch 3 Saga ad.

I can't tell you how thrilled I am that you've spent your time making sure ads are more pervasive: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback/1830137-change-some-ad-behavior-today-17-mar-2017-a.html

Old Mar 25, 2017, 9:36 am

Cant post image (why cant that be easier?)

Trying to reply to a thread and got hijack from Rightmartic.com

Again, FT is the ONLY place where this is happening. SAD!

I wonder, will IB pay for repair costs of someone who gets a virus from their ad network?

Last edited by zitsky; Mar 25, 2017 at 9:42 am
Old Mar 25, 2017, 11:07 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by zitsky
Cant post image (why cant that be easier?)

Trying to reply to a thread and got hijack from Rightmartic.com

Again, FT is the ONLY place where this is happening. SAD!

I wonder, will IB pay for repair costs of someone who gets a virus from their ad network?
1) It's actually fairly easy to include an image - see Files and images: how do I attach or embed in a post? How to add or embed a file or image / photo in a post

2) This is anomalous behavior, and I'm suspecting something other than FlyerTalk. You've not posted any details Tech can use (device, OS, browser and versions), but you might try clearing cache and cookies as a start.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 4:46 am

Programs: AA EXP
Getting spammy ads on mobile

The last few days I've been getting serious spamming ads on mobile that navigate me away from FT and won't let me simply close it and return. I have to force close chrome and start over again. They are random on FT.

Attached screen shots
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxLhI1AC5EZkLVpPUVFmZmptVWc/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxLhI1AC5EZkMExPLWNaRnVOdm8/view?usp=drivesdk
Old Mar 26, 2017, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by javabytes
Still a problem. As is the Bubble Witch 3 Saga ad.

I can't tell you how thrilled I am that you've spent your time making sure ads are more pervasive: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback/1830137-change-some-ad-behavior-today-17-mar-2017-a.html

Still a problem.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 8:36 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Southwest
Originally Posted by JDiver
2) This is anomalous behavior, and I'm suspecting something other than FlyerTalk. You've not posted any details Tech can use (device, OS, browser and versions), but you might try clearing cache and cookies as a start.
How do you figure that? This thread is full of all types of devices and browsers with the same problem, and only on Flyertalk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.