Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2017 Disruptive Ads / Advertisement on FT Reports

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jun 10, 2015, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
PLEASE POST SCREENSHOTS of the FULL SCREEN and report your DEVICE TYPE, BROWSER TYPE AND VERSION, and COUNTRY where you are browsing from in your post.This thread is strictly for the reporting of disruptive ads, including unwanted popups, page hijscks, malware attempts, etc. related to ad content. Please refrain from discussion or speculation about technical issues if they are not reports as specified here.

Originally Posted by IBobi
We apologize for the bad ads. We hope in the new year to have a solution that handles them more proactively and quickly. Thank you for your patience!
We understand disruptive advertisements lessen the enjoyment of your FlyerTalk browsing experience. Please post all disruptive advertisement reports here; your full report (see above) will assist Internet Brands / FlyerTalk in handling these expeditiously. Admin / Tech attempts to respond to all reports speedily, but eliminating problem adverts may require communication with advertisements suppliers or devising technical solutions that may require time. (Internet Brands operates during customary and usual work hours on the U. S. West Coast; holidays, weekends, etc. are observed.)

To see how to include a screen shot in your post, once you have taken the screen shot follow the instructions "Inserting a photo or image from your device into a post:" in the first post in the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...mage-post.html

NOTE: Internet Brands and FlyerTalk discourage the use of software that modifies your FlyerTalk browsing experience (e.g. ad blocking software). IB / FT declines all responsibility for the use of such software and can not provide support or assistance if such software is used. As well, we remind you IB / FT can only provide FlyerTalk free to members because of the financial support of advertisers; using ad blockers denies IB / FT income that would normally pay for your free community membership and browsing experience..

Posts suggesting or discussing use of ad blocking etc. software will be summarily deleted.

Link to Archive of older posts

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: 2017 Disruptive Ads / Advertisement on FT Reports

Old Dec 27, 2017, 4:26 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Regarding mobile redirects/hijacks,

As I mentioned earlier, we are going to try, hopefully sooner than later, to handle the dreaded mobile advertising hijacks a bit better in 2018. More to come on that soon, I hope -- I am waiting for word.

Meanwhile, it's come to my attention that on the CHROME mobile browser, you can try this to fix:
  1. Load chrome://flags/#enable-framebusting-needs-sameorigin-or-usergesture in the browser's address bar.
  2. Switch the status of the "Framebusting requires same-origin or a user gesture" experimental flag from default to enabled.
  3. Restart the Chrome browser.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 1:19 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
The workaround is not working for me. May try rebooting my phone altogether or killing Chrome vs
Soft restarting it.

Just got the "four virus" one when trying to access this thread on three consecutive attempts...
Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:02 pm

Programs: BA Blue
Seriously sick of these virus alerts. Just disable ads for god's sake until you can stop them.

<redacted>

MODERATOR NOTE: This thread is now archived. Please refer to new desktop and mobile device ad reporting threads for 2018.

Also note:

We apologize for the bad ads. We hope in the new year to have a solution that handles them more proactively and quickly. Thank you for your patience!
Thank you for your patience in getting these issues resolved, and for taking the time to post your reports. They have been useful to Tech.

cblaisd and JDiver, forum Co-Moderators

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 1, 2018 at 4:01 pm Reason: Insert moderator note, redact discussion of moderator actions
Old Jan 1, 2018, 1:54 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
This thread is now archived. Please refer to new desktop and mobile device ad reporting threads for 2018.

Also note:

Thank you for your patience in getting these issues resolved, and for taking the time to post your reports. They have been useful to Tech.

cblaisd and JDiver, forum Co-Moderators

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.