ARCHIVE: 2017 Disruptive Ads / Advertisement on FT Reports

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jun 10, 2015, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
PLEASE POST SCREENSHOTS of the FULL SCREEN and report your DEVICE TYPE, BROWSER TYPE AND VERSION, and COUNTRY where you are browsing from in your post.This thread is strictly for the reporting of disruptive ads, including unwanted popups, page hijscks, malware attempts, etc. related to ad content. Please refrain from discussion or speculation about technical issues if they are not reports as specified here.

Originally Posted by IBobi
We apologize for the bad ads. We hope in the new year to have a solution that handles them more proactively and quickly. Thank you for your patience!
We understand disruptive advertisements lessen the enjoyment of your FlyerTalk browsing experience. Please post all disruptive advertisement reports here; your full report (see above) will assist Internet Brands / FlyerTalk in handling these expeditiously. Admin / Tech attempts to respond to all reports speedily, but eliminating problem adverts may require communication with advertisements suppliers or devising technical solutions that may require time. (Internet Brands operates during customary and usual work hours on the U. S. West Coast; holidays, weekends, etc. are observed.)

To see how to include a screen shot in your post, once you have taken the screen shot follow the instructions "Inserting a photo or image from your device into a post:" in the first post in the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...mage-post.html

NOTE: Internet Brands and FlyerTalk discourage the use of software that modifies your FlyerTalk browsing experience (e.g. ad blocking software). IB / FT declines all responsibility for the use of such software and can not provide support or assistance if such software is used. As well, we remind you IB / FT can only provide FlyerTalk free to members because of the financial support of advertisers; using ad blockers denies IB / FT income that would normally pay for your free community membership and browsing experience..

Posts suggesting or discussing use of ad blocking etc. software will be summarily deleted.

Link to Archive of older posts

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: 2017 Disruptive Ads / Advertisement on FT Reports

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Pop up Ads on Flyertalk

I know this is a general topic; but for me this seems a new phenomenon when searching the BA getting spontanously bumped into a new page asking you to submit to an app of sky.comand others too
Are others finding this?
Old Jan 6, 2017, 7:45 am

Programs: BAEC
Yeah - I've found this when on my iPhone. Gets pretty annoying.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Have had it very often on iphone but not (so far ....!) on ipad.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 7:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Not this specifically, but not long ago there were some very noisy ads that popped up on here when I logged in on my iMac. PITA going through 12-15 tabs of threads you've lined up to read trying to figure out where the racket is coming from...
Old Jan 6, 2017, 7:59 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
I'll move this across to the Technical Support forum for the attention of the FT tech team.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 8:01 am

Programs: BA GGL
I've seen this on quite a few websites - including my own. Seems to be from a dodgy ad.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 11:13 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The use of ad blocking software is strongly discouraged by Internet Brands and FlyerTalk. Doing so essentially voids any support from IB / FT for issues you might be having, and it eliminates the major source of income that keeps FT free to members.

Bringing troublesome or rogue ads appearing during your FlyerTalk experience to the attention of Admin / Tech can help all members and enable IB / FT to remedy issues with the advertisements providers or make adjustments to eliminate specific advertisements.

Posts suggesting or discussing ad blocking software will be summarily deleted.

JDiver, Co-Moderator, Technical Support and Feedback forum

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 19, 2017 at 10:00 pm
Old Jan 7, 2017, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 10.1.1, US
Attached Images      

Last edited by javabytes; Jan 7, 2017 at 11:42 pm
Old Jan 7, 2017, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by JDiver
The use of ad blocking software is strongly discouraged by Internet Brands and FlyerTalk. Doing so essentially voids any support from IB / FT for issues you might be having, and it eliminates the major source of income that keeps FT free to members.

Bringing troublesome or rogue ads appearing during your FlyerTalk experience to the attention of Admin / Tech can help all members and enable IB / FT to remedy issues with the advertisements providers or make adjustments to eliminate specific advertisements.

Posts suggesting or discussing ad blocking software will be summarily deleted.

JDiver, Co-Moderator, Technical Support and Feedback forum
This is not a new or infrequent problem. Perhaps if I begin posting screenshots here every single time this happens, IB will begin to get the sense of why solutions are sought elsewhere.

I'm sure it's been raised before, but an ad-free paid membership is something I think would see considerable demand.

Even more from the last several minutes. Still iPhone 6s Plus/iOS 10.1.1/Safari/USA.
Attached Images   

Last edited by javabytes; Jan 7, 2017 at 11:54 pm
Old Jan 13, 2017, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

More of the same.
Attached Images   
Old Jan 15, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Is anyone else getting these browser-hijack ads on Android?

Is anyone else getting these browser-hijack ads on Android? It only happens on FT.

<redacted>

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 23, 2017 at 7:57 am Reason: Discussing Moderator actions
Old Jan 15, 2017, 10:25 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by YOWgary
Is anyone else getting these browser-hijack ads on Android? It only happens on FT.

<redacted>
Yes. iPhone. IIRC, Nomad and others also mentioned this not too long ago.

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 23, 2017 at 7:58 am Reason: Redacted previously deleted post content
Old Jan 15, 2017, 11:08 am

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Bogus "Chrome Update" page loads with FT

After clicking on thread link, a new Chrome tab appeared with a bogus "Chrome Update" page.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by 24left
Yes. iPhone. IIRC, Nomad and others also mentioned this not too long ago.
Is there a way to avoid them? I thought it was just me (iPhone) and it's damn annoying.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 12:23 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
Mobile hijack on iOS/Safari is happening again. Domain this time is you-gift-card(dot)pw, the usual "randomly selected to receive a $1000 gift card" messaging.
It's happening sporadically again, very similar "gift card" domains.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.