FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2017 Disruptive Ads / Advertisement on FT Reports
Old Jan 7, 2017, 11:46 pm
javabytes
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by JDiver
The use of ad blocking software is strongly discouraged by Internet Brands and FlyerTalk. Doing so essentially voids any support from IB / FT for issues you might be having, and it eliminates the major source of income that keeps FT free to members.

Bringing troublesome or rogue ads appearing during your FlyerTalk experience to the attention of Admin / Tech can help all members and enable IB / FT to remedy issues with the advertisements providers or make adjustments to eliminate specific advertisements.

Posts suggesting or discussing ad blocking software will be summarily deleted.

JDiver, Co-Moderator, Technical Support and Feedback forum
This is not a new or infrequent problem. Perhaps if I begin posting screenshots here every single time this happens, IB will begin to get the sense of why solutions are sought elsewhere.

I'm sure it's been raised before, but an ad-free paid membership is something I think would see considerable demand.

Even more from the last several minutes. Still iPhone 6s Plus/iOS 10.1.1/Safari/USA.
Attached Images   

Last edited by javabytes; Jan 7, 2017 at 11:54 pm