Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When does LX release F seats for awards ?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2009, 1:13 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Platinum with 2.5MM. Current AA EXP
May, 2010 LX F Success!

If it's any indication of availability, I was able to get 2 F award seats (using UA miles) ORD-ZRH-BKK in May of next year and, on the return, 2 F award seats ZRH-ORD. Unfortunately, have only confirmed in C on the BKK-ZRH. So in general, it would seem that LX sometimes releases F seats (even 2 of them out of 8 on a 330/340) 11 months out.

Interestingly, on my preferred return date from BKK-ZRH, expertflyer.com still shows 2 LX F award seats (and has for several days). But UA tells me there is only 1 F award seat. Any insights if something sounds amiss here or if this is just more evidence that UA may sometimes participate in "STARNET blocking"?

Thoughts?
Old Aug 17, 2009, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue; Miles & More Frequent Traveller; Marriott Rewards Gold;
Originally Posted by SMK77
LX 182 ZRH-SIN just opened two seats in O. I got one - wasn't available the last weeks and I checked a couple of times...

LX F is a very good product - and rumour has it that the new F will be deployed to BKK/SIN by the end of the year... Keep your fingers crossed!
Hi - was just wondering how sure you are of this? Planning on heading over to BKK late next year and can't decide between TG and LX - if the new product is already rolled out across the A340's doing this route I will definately choose LX. Thanks!
Old Sep 3, 2009, 11:11 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Hi - never been to this forum before so be kind!

We transferred points to US Air during their 50% and have 262,500 points sitting for us to make a reservation next summer. Going from NYC to Venice, taking a cruise and returning from Athens. Excited about going LX F.

I've been checking ExpertFlyer quite often to get my bearings and it does, in fact, seem that seats for Business come online at 330 days and about a month later for F class. I assume I will have to wait until the seats from ZRH are available to book.

Questions:

1. Very concerned about the comment above that seats were available thru LX but not thru a partner. Is this something I have to worry about?

2. Our total trip will be about 2 weeks. Should I consider booking a return one week out and changing it a week later? This would at least confirm my outbound so I don't lose it before my actual return date becomes available. Any idea how much the charge would be (it would have to be BIG if this was the best approach for me to avoid it!).

3. We seek to depart on Aug 5 2010. Any rumor on whether or not the other JFK-ZRH flight will have the new F Class seats by next summer?

4. If for some reason, we cannot get F and need to ticket in C, is there any reason not to use the Newark, all-Business flight? Newark is much more convenient and we just flew a similar configuration on OpenSkies and liked it. Are the Newark and JFK Business seats equivalent?

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Last edited by stevens397; Sep 3, 2009 at 11:20 am
Old Sep 5, 2009, 6:45 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Bump.

Anyone?
Old Sep 12, 2009, 8:35 am

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by hi_fly
Hi - was just wondering how sure you are of this? Planning on heading over to BKK late next year and can't decide between TG and LX - if the new product is already rolled out across the A340's doing this route I will definately choose LX. Thanks!
As can be read in various threads on the forum LX will not upgrade F on the A343's for the time being only C!
Old Sep 20, 2009, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA *G .64MM; AmEx Plat freebies (HH Gold, Marriott Gold)
true for C seats too?

Originally Posted by Unterwegs
Some seats are released early (almost a year out), then very few show up afterward until around 4 to 10 days before the flights. Then there are sometimes more seats.
A good indication is to check the booking situation. If you see something like an F5A4 or more a few days before the flight then it is likely for seats becoming available.
2 seats on the same flight are rare.
I have 2 C award seats 11 Oct on LX41 LAX-ZRH connecting 12 Oct to LX1680 ZRH-FLR booked using United miles. I want to switch both flights forward by 1 day but not having much luck so far.

1) is there a chance that 2 seats will open up on LX41/1680 for 10 and 11 Oct respectively?

2) what site can I use to watch LX award seat availability myself instead of calling United everyday? The famous ANA tool doesn't show LX award seats...

LBsquared
Old Sep 21, 2009, 12:31 am

Programs: LH/LX
Originally Posted by LBsquared
2) what site can I use to watch LX award seat availability myself instead of calling United everyday? The famous ANA tool doesn't show LX award seats...
Expertflyer or M&M dummy booking
Old Sep 21, 2009, 12:56 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
1) is there a chance that 2 seats will open up on LX41/1680 for 10 and 11 Oct respectively?
For LX41 on 10 Oct ExpertFlyer currently shows:

F1 A1 C0 D0 Z0 J0 R0 Y9 B9 M9 H9 U9 G9 Q9 K9 V9 L9 W9 T9 P9 E0

They are not even selling any C seat.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 10:59 am

Programs: UA *G .64MM; AmEx Plat freebies (HH Gold, Marriott Gold)
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
For LX41 on 10 Oct ExpertFlyer currently shows:

F1 A1 C0 D0 Z0 J0 R0 Y9 B9 M9 H9 U9 G9 Q9 K9 V9 L9 W9 T9 P9 E0

They are not even selling any C seat.
Thanks NewbieRunner for the loads! ^ Looks like we'll be staying with the existing flights...
Old Sep 22, 2009, 1:57 am

Programs: LH/LX
Thanks NewbieRunner for the loads! ^ Looks like we'll be staying with the existing flights...
With F1 C0, it looks to be really, really full upfront ... from time to time they are looking for volunteers to downgrade or travel a day later.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 9:14 am

Programs: UA*1K, BA Gold, SPG Platinum
Kudos to Swiss! They are doing the right thing by releasing unsold inventory for award travel.

02.10 BKK-ZRH LX181 - 7 seats available for First award (O class)
I find this amazing since the cabin only seats 8.

04.10 BOM-ZRH LX155 - 5 seats available for First award (O class)

I'm yet to try Swiss for longhaul but will definitely be giving them a go soon!

Cheers
Old Sep 29, 2009, 1:43 am

Just a good tip:
from my own experience yesterday:
if you can't upgrade from C to F with miles over the phone of Miles and More just call directly Swiss sales call center and explain the situation.
Id did it yesterday for 4 pax upgrade to First and it was succesfull even for our flight which will only take place in March 2010.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 12:11 am

Programs: aeroplan E .HH.
Nrt or Hhg to Zrh then Ord or Bos LX F class award

Hi no joy with ANA tool, not an expert flyer ,would any any FTer be so kind to show any avl F class awards on lx to Ord or Bos via Zrh from nrt or hkg nov 25/26/27th ish 2 pas^^ nxt have to find TG avl got avl for yyz,ord,fra,gdn,muc.lhr.ist.bkk ( nrt or hkg ? TG)( to zrh bos/ord ?LX) great award if i can pull it off
Old Feb 14, 2010, 12:05 am

Programs: UA 1P
Hello,

I just put an award on hold for an F Award on LX. The problem is that the return date I want is not available so I picked a date almost a week later than I wanted/need. Expertflyer says F5 for the date I want. I'm assuming that three people have booked the cabin. The seat map has three of the 4 window seats blocked out with no seats occupied.

What are my chances of just one more O class seat opening?

Travel is not until the end of August for NBO-ZRH

Last edited by mudba; Feb 14, 2010 at 12:11 am
Old Feb 15, 2010, 6:40 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Originally Posted by mudba
I'm assuming that three people have booked the cabin. The seat map has three of the 4 window seats blocked out with no seats occupied.
In First Class LX usually blocks three of the four window seats for their own elite members (SEN/HON) so the seatmap may be misleading. May I ask if you're looking at the seatmap using expertflyer? If yes, taken seats are stated blue, blocked seats are "just" marked with a X.

But in any case: just wait and see, there is no pattern when LX releases a F-seat as it depends on the current as well as predicted load. So it's quite dynamic. However, LX is very good at releasing seats some time before departure respectively when it's estimated that the cabin won't sell out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.