When does LX release F seats for awards ?

Old Feb 15, 2010, 4:20 pm
  #46  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,997
Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
In First Class LX usually blocks three of the four window seats for their own elite members (SEN/HON) so the seatmap may be misleading. May I ask if you're looking at the seatmap using expertflyer? If yes, taken seats are stated blue, blocked seats are "just" marked with a X.

But in any case: just wait and see, there is no pattern when LX releases a F-seat as it depends on the current as well as predicted load. So it's quite dynamic. However, LX is very good at releasing seats some time before departure respectively when it's estimated that the cabin won't sell out.
Is the same true for C awards or just F? I need to redeem DEL-ZRH on the new C for my parents in mid-March and I am almost certain that C will not sell out given that this is the off season but I've had no luck so far.
abcx is offline  
Old Feb 16, 2010, 2:23 pm
  #47  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Programs: VS/bmi Gold, CX Diamond, SPG/Radisson/Sirius Gold, PC/A|Club Plat, GHA Black, Hilton Diamond +++
Posts: 171
It seems like 1 or 2 F seats are released almost a year in advance, and the remaining seats are released exactly 3 weeks ahead. I found this out by searching on expertflyer. I found lots of days with 7 and 8 available O-class seats (F) for the next 20 days or so, but only 1 or 2 from thereon. Might be a coincidence, but I don't think so.

I have only been assigned isle seats on LX F redemptions, but I have called and requested window seats, which worked fine.
Flux is offline  
Old Feb 16, 2010, 9:42 pm
  #48  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Land of King Richard the Second (Chicago)
Programs: UA 1P
Posts: 730
Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
In First Class LX usually blocks three of the four window seats for their own elite members (SEN/HON) so the seatmap may be misleading. May I ask if you're looking at the seatmap using expertflyer? If yes, taken seats are stated blue, blocked seats are "just" marked with a X.

But in any case: just wait and see, there is no pattern when LX releases a F-seat as it depends on the current as well as predicted load. So it's quite dynamic. However, LX is very good at releasing seats some time before departure respectively when it's estimated that the cabin won't sell out.
I'm going based on their being 8 seats in the cabin with F5 on the inventory. I'm looking for one O ticket. I'm going to hold another date with the strong hope that i can swich into that date as I get closer to departure or really any cabin for that matter
mudba is offline  
Old Feb 19, 2010, 12:04 pm
  #49  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 317
I am hopeful that Swiss does indeed release some upgrade seats nearer the time of departure. The flight I'm taking next week from ZRH - PVG shows C & D as sold out but F as 5 but A as 0. Hopefully those 5 F seats might turn into one star alliance upgrade...
britinva79 is offline  
Old Feb 26, 2010, 5:35 pm
  #50  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 317
Originally Posted by britinva79
I am hopeful that Swiss does indeed release some upgrade seats nearer the time of departure. The flight I'm taking next week from ZRH - PVG shows C & D as sold out but F as 5 but A as 0. Hopefully those 5 F seats might turn into one star alliance upgrade...
So I checked every day since I booked my flights on Swiss and they never released upgrade space to United or Continental. What good is Star Alliance upgrade program when you can't redeem. The load for this flight in F is 2F and 2 A and 2 O. There should be space but they won't release it. Frustrating really. I know they can't be the only ones doing that though.
britinva79 is offline  
Old Feb 27, 2010, 7:44 am
  #51  
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: ZRH / YUL
Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Posts: 7,277
Originally Posted by britinva79
The load for this flight in F is 2F and 2 A and 2 O. There should be space but they won't release it. Frustrating really. I know they can't be the only ones doing that though.
If availability for the flight is O2, then LX has placed two seats in this cabin in award inventory. If UA and CO don't want to book them for you, it's not a problem of LX - they have made the seats available.
airoli is offline  
Old Mar 6, 2010, 8:23 pm
  #52  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Československá socialistická republika
Posts: 375
On ExpertFlyer there is no LX O or I inventory from ZRH/GVA to anywhere in the USA and visa-versa past Dec 31st, 2010.

There is X inventory all the way to Feb 09, 2011, but no O or I.

Anyone know what's going on?
jrmcrm is offline  
Old Mar 7, 2010, 4:58 pm
  #53  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Československá socialistická republika
Posts: 375
I discovered the answer.

LX releases award inventory for X 330 days out and for O and I 300 days out.
jrmcrm is offline  
Old Mar 7, 2010, 5:19 pm
  #54  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,997
Originally Posted by jrmcrm
I discovered the answer.

LX releases award inventory for X 330 days out and for O and I 300 days out.
Hmm. That's good to know. Thanks
abcx is offline  
Old Aug 20, 2023, 2:34 pm
  #55  
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Zulu Romeo Hotel
Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Posts: 4,494
Bumping this old thread, as I found no better alternative.

I have just rebooked via FRA to MIA a day earlier (previously on LX direct a day later) but would actually like to take the direct LX flight in F.

there are 7F available for sale, 1 seat would be available in A.

The flight is 6 weeks out, when do all think they may open award inventory?

And what chances are there? I understand, MIA is difficult anyway to get award space.

TIA
59Impala is offline  
Old Aug 24, 2023, 2:58 am
  #56  
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: MUC
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 47,850
Call LX in BSL, they will be able to help.
59Impala likes this.
oliver2002 is offline  
Old Aug 24, 2023, 2:27 pm
  #57  
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Zulu Romeo Hotel
Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Posts: 4,494
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Call LX in BSL, they will be able to help.
ok, so you mean not the SEN line? Is there a specific number which could share here or PM me?

TiA
59Impala is offline  
Old Aug 24, 2023, 10:21 pm
  #58  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Stoke on Trent, UK (MAN ), BUE, BKK, DBV
Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Posts: 11,227
Originally Posted by 59Impala
ok, so you mean not the SEN line? Is there a specific number which could share here or PM me?

TiA
SEN line but during CH working hours
chris63 is offline  
Old Aug 25, 2023, 2:27 am
  #59  
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Zulu Romeo Hotel
Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Posts: 4,494
Originally Posted by chris63
SEN line but during CH working hours
yeah, I have called there multiple times last and this week, during working hours. Will try again today.
chris63 likes this.
59Impala is offline  
Old Aug 25, 2023, 11:36 am
  #60  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Programs: Mileage Plus
Posts: 458
Award inventory update? Can someone provide LX current practice for releasing inventory for F redemption.... for a) LX members, status & non-status if different; b) LH members, if different than LX members; c) partner airlines thanks
Brostman is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.