Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When does LX release F seats for awards ?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2023, 8:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Brostman
Award inventory update? Can someone provide LX current practice for releasing inventory for F redemption.... for a) LX members, status & non-status if different; b) LH members, if different than LX members; c) partner airlines thanks
For F HON & SEN need to call, for non M&M nothing
Old Aug 29, 2023, 3:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Anyone getting any F awards recently? I've called Basel and they told that LX is not releasing any F awards more than 7days in advance
Just earlier this year I got SIN and HKG F awards booked months in advance. Hence wondering if it was a new service agent and not yet into the topic or it's the new LX enhancement
Old Aug 29, 2023, 7:13 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by Atlantico
Anyone getting any F awards recently? I've called Basel and they told that LX is not releasing any F awards more than 7days in advance
Just earlier this year I got SIN and HKG F awards booked months in advance. Hence wondering if it was a new service agent and not yet into the topic or it's the new LX enhancement
That is what I heard yesterday as well. The agent mentioned that often the seats are released a week prior to departure. So that means "O" class, not "A" Class for e-vouchers.
yesterday 7 seats still available on my flight, today, 3 have been sold or given for e-voucher upgrades.
Old Sep 1, 2023, 8:46 am

Programs: LH HON
Got a flight in O to JFK via GVA for May next year.
Fennario likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 2:22 pm

Hi - so have a an LX flight in J planned (UA ticket, but with LX flight number). I am also SEN. I was wondering whether I have a better chance at using my UA miles for a star alliance upgrade award - or would I have to use my M&M miles for that? I know LX F awards are only for SEN/HON, but does the same apply for mileage upgrades?
Old Dec 18, 2023, 2:35 pm

Programs: LX HON Circle
You can upgrade to LX F with UA miles. At least in theory.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
You can upgrade to LX F with UA miles. At least in theory.
Does anyone have any success with that? Any suggestions on when to check prior to departure?
Old Jan 10, 2024, 7:20 am

Programs: LXFF
Ued to be possible with aeroplan as well, but not anymore. Anyways it would only work with full flex J tickets so it really wasn't worth it.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 9:14 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
It seems to be a new „enhancement“ has arrived at LX. I wanted to book an upgrade from CCL to FCL and was told by LX CCC that it will be on waitlist with F4A3. When asking if they can check with revenue management if they could clear it (normally always worked for HONs in the past), I was told that CCC are not allowed to ask rev management anymore. New instruction from management that came recently! I should check may be 48h before the flight again. If this is part of the new premium customer service initiatives Mr Spohr and his newly installed Chief Customer Officer T Goudarzi Pour installing you better fasten the seatbelt of more enhancements to come.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 10:05 am

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
Had the same experience earlier today. I was told that CCC cannot ask revenue management anymore if the system shows no F availability, as the revenue won’t open space, even for HONs, days before the flight. Only in case of irregularities, can CCC talk to revenue to confirm cash-based space.

The agent also told me that as of recently all request for C->F upgrades with eV/miles will be handled only max 24 hrs before departure if at the time of the request there is no space in A/award to confirm (which is basically for all LX flights with F cabin now).

I am due to travel next week on a flight that is currently F8A7J9C9D9Z9P9 and upgrade request from D cannot be either confirmed nor waitlisted. For a few moments, the waitlist seemed to stick and then it dropped.

I burned all but 2 of my eV on LH F, so not a big deal and went for a decently priced fixed price upgrade. But it shows the tendency.
HKG1111, chris63 and gru_muc like this.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by olm022
Had the same experience earlier today. I was told that CCC cannot ask revenue management anymore if the system shows no F availability, as the revenue won’t open space, even for HONs, days before the flight. Only in case of irregularities, can CCC talk to revenue to confirm cash-based space.

The agent also told me that as of recently all request for C->F upgrades with eV/miles will be handled only max 24 hrs before departure if at the time of the request there is no space in A/award to confirm (which is basically for all LX flights with F cabin now).

I am due to travel next week on a flight that is currently F8A7J9C9D9Z9P9 and upgrade request from D cannot be either confirmed nor waitlisted. For a few moments, the waitlist seemed to stick and then it dropped.

I burned all but 2 of my eV on LH F, so not a big deal and went for a decently priced fixed price upgrade. But it shows the tendency.
Then I can call myself really lucky that an upgrade from P using eVouchers for a LX flight in May become confirmed last night.

Further, I was told at CCC that waitlisting of O for a confirmed I award is no longer available (at least for LX flights; they did not comment on LH in this respect).
Old Feb 19, 2024, 12:41 pm

Programs: LH, BA, AA
If they can‘t ask, how can they ensure that HON‘s waitlist is cleared before all others? I can‘t imagine LH group‘s IT system is that smart!
Old Feb 19, 2024, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by LHSEN
If they can‘t ask, how can they ensure that HON‘s waitlist is cleared before all others? I can‘t imagine LH group‘s IT system is that smart!
The ranking on the waitlist is determined, inter alia, based on a customer's status and the time of getting onto the waitlist. That is, HONs can skip customers with lower status on a waitlist even though they got on the waitlist later. However, that does not help if a HON with a companion in the same booking is on a waitlist and seats are only confirmed one by one...
Old Feb 19, 2024, 1:50 pm

Programs: LH, BA, AA
Maybe just another data point - I requested today from C to F, the flight on Feb 23 (F5A0) is confirmed immediately, the one on Feb 29 is on waitlist (F6A6). So random …
Old Feb 19, 2024, 2:25 pm

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Originally Posted by digitalfan
The ranking on the waitlist is determined, inter alia, based on a customer's status and the time of getting onto the waitlist. That is, HONs can skip customers with lower status on a waitlist even though they got on the waitlist later. However, that does not help if a HON with a companion in the same booking is on a waitlist and seats are only confirmed one by one...
and only 48h or less before the flight. It sounds like the first signs of a) they sell a lot of revenue seats and b) the new FCL having less seats and therefore les upgrade options.

PS. Interestingly I could by an update at the same time. So they take the cash but not the e-voucher! This is where all this “valuable customer” marketing is hitting reality at LHG. Unfortunately LX gets pulled into this one more day by day.

Last edited by HKG1111; Feb 19, 2024 at 2:32 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.