Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2018, 6:45 am

I wouldnt worry about train schedules. Use the SBB App (or website) when you get landside to check your next connections. If travelling without heavy baggage, changing in Zürich HB isnt worrysome (but its a huge station and a direct train more relaxing of course)
Old Jul 25, 2018, 4:43 pm

Programs: mileage plus,DL,AA
Thank you all for the good advice!
Old Jul 29, 2018, 2:32 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Had planned a 2.5 hour connection on my GVA-ZRH-BKK (LX2811/LX180) and was hoping to visit the new F lounge in A (and maybe have a brief look at the new A SEN lounge) before spending some time at the F lounge in E. As for almost all LX flights that I took this year, annoyingly, LX2811 was delayed almost 2 hours (the earlier GVA-ZRH was delayed even more and landed at the same time) due to the 'Bise' winds in Zurich (strangely all other flights were only mildly delayed). Flight was packed with with 170 pax and only 3 rows of C (there were food and drinks as normal, but strangely no chocolate?!). One of the TAs told me that that only 7 pax had no connections. Among the ~25 connecting flights, 15 connections were missed and I guess a lot of people had to spend a night in ZRH. I was among the lucky ones that made my connection, but only had 40 minutes left. Still, as F pax no direct transfer. So I rushed to the new F lounge after finding the hidden landside entrance and walking though the deserted entrance corridor. Just spend 3 minutes there until the not very accommodating staff had organised the van transfer to E for me. Lounge was very busy and from my superficial impressions, was not impressed (as discussed and mentioned by many others before: lounge seemed dark and quite small with a lot of wasted open space, few calm corners, noisy around the bar area). At least I was driven directly to my departure gate in E46 and I boarded ~10 minutes before the doors were closed.
F service on the ZRH-BKK flight was once again impeccable!
Old Aug 2, 2018, 3:12 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Nick Art
You‘ll have access to all Business and all SEN Lounges, the Arrival lounge is reserved for LX status and J/F pax only. (you can still try).
Best option would be to visit the SEN Lounge in E as both your flights arrive and depart from there. There are showers and it’s probably one of the nicest lounges in ZRH (before the F Lounge).
You could also check out the Sen Lounge in A but for that you‘d have to go through passport control.

As you have 12 hours of layover, why not upon arrival shower, get some breakfast in the lounge and then head in to the Citaaay! Zurich is a very nice place to check out and only ten minutes away by train. For long layovers like yours there is even a dedicated thread: Idea: The ZRH long layover Meetup thread
I am in a similar situation as the OP. I fly ORD-ZRH-JNB on Swiss, with a 10-hour connection time in ZRH on a single ticket in Coach (so no access to Arrivals lounge), but I am *Gold. I assume that I will get both boarding passes in Chicago. So can I?
- Land in ZRH and proceed through security to the departure area for my ZRH-JNB flight, then
- Visit the SEN Lounge for shower and food, then
- Leave the SEN Lounge and proceed to the city for a look around

This last step would require me to be able to exit the departures level then pass through passport control to enter Switzerland. I want to make sure that I'm not stuck in the departure level for ZRH-JNB flight once I enter there to access the lounge..
Old Aug 2, 2018, 10:26 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
There is no “departure level” in ZRH, so you can leave airside and get back very easily.

Arriving from ORD you should not have to clear security to get to the lounge in E - or A, for that matter, though to get to A you will go through passport control first.

If you exit the E lounge to go to town you will have passport control before exiting the terminal. If you go to the A lounge, you can exit without a second passport control.

Coming back, upon entry you will have a security check and passport control again.
Dianne47 likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 5:25 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by MichielR
There is no “departure level” in ZRH, so you can leave airside and get back very easily.

Arriving from ORD you should not have to clear security to get to the lounge in E - or A, for that matter, though to get to A you will go through passport control first.

If you exit the E lounge to go to town you will have passport control before exiting the terminal. If you go to the A lounge, you can exit without a second passport control.

Coming back, upon entry you will have a security check and passport control again.
Thank you. Very clear!
Old Aug 7, 2018, 6:47 am

hello!

conecting from GRU-ZRH to ZRH-LIS flying TP

any lounge recomendations?

I arrive and leave from the same terminal?
Old Aug 7, 2018, 1:53 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
No, you arrive non-Schengen, most likely E, and live Schengen, most likely A.

Lounges at E are pretty good. Lounges at A are new, and I don't know yet what they are like.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 3:25 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by pkormann
hello!

conecting from GRU-ZRH to ZRH-LIS flying TP

any lounge recomendations?

I arrive and leave from the same terminal?
You will arrive in Terminal E. There you can check out the Swiss Business Lounge E (it has a great view). After you have done that you'll head down and take the Skymetro to Terminal A/B where you will pass passport control. Once you have passed this control you are in the shengen zone and can access the new Swiss Business Lounge Center A (It's really nice!). To get to your gate you'll have to walk for 5 min from the lounge with no additional control. ZRH is very easy to transfer so I hope you enjoy your time there!
Old Aug 9, 2018, 7:47 am

Thanks guys!!

and unfortunately the senator are only for *A gold? can they bring a guest?
Old Aug 9, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Thanks guys!!

and unfortunately the senator are only for *A gold? can they bring a guest?
SEN are *G. Usual rules apply (1 guest).
Old Aug 13, 2018, 4:51 pm

Programs: VX Gold, UA MM, SPG Plat
Hey, folks-

In a few weeks, we are flying through ZRH continuing on to SFO on LX 38. We have:
  • Two paid F tickets for my spouse and me
  • Two paid Y tickets for my infant daughter (18 months old) and her nanny
Regarding SWISS First lounge access in Zurich,
  • I assume we will have no trouble bringing our daughter in, since she could just as easily have been a lap infant. Is that right?
  • Will we be able to sweet talk our nanny into the lounge with us? I assume she is not entitled to access, but as a family traveling together, will they be more French than German on admitting her?
Thanks.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 6:55 pm

Programs: LXFF
Since you have two F tickets (paid or award) you each get a guest. So no problem.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 9:37 pm

gotta make friends to get my me in there for the wishky tasting
Old Aug 13, 2018, 11:47 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
gotta make friends to get my me in there for the wishky tasting
It is the SEN Lounge (in E) which has the whisky, not the FCL. However, the FCL A is offering Grappa and other fruit brandies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.