Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by MichielR

Same day LX F BP, whether arriving or departing, is going to get you access with one guest.
The guest rule only counts departing with LX, not arriving. I found out the hard way trying to get a colleague into the FCL in Zurich.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by The Wolf
The guest rule only counts departing with LX, not arriving. I found out the hard way trying to get a colleague into the FCL in Zurich.
I've had some luck guesting a fellow FTer into the ZRH SEN with an arrival boarding pass (each) - but that was definitely a nice gesture and not allowed by the rules albeit funnily enough his boarding pass also flashed green after scanning. (Guess having flown plenty of times and seen the lounge staff several times in the week before did help) - it's something you can always try. But probably with better chances at SEN rather than FCL..
Old Oct 28, 2018, 12:46 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Thanks, I had thought that when departing LX C it would not be an issue. Will edit my post.
The Wolf likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 5:56 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
That‘s wrong. Both the senior staff at the FCL A I asked about this confirmed that I could gues any other pax (arriving or departing) as long as they too have an arriving or departing *A Boarding pass, as Arriving F Pax. Only rule is that they need to leave the lounge together with me.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 11:59 am

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
I checked again on VFT where I got the original info, apparently indeed it was changed again recently.
I will ask the Swiss Lurker just to be sure.

Don't forget however, Swiss LD's are notoriously unpredictable.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 5:18 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I've been a guest in the FCL myself earlier this year, with another forum member having arrived in F, us later departing both on the same flight - me in Y, his in C.

So it seems that the no guest on arrival rule might apply, but only if you don't have a further out connection (which OP does)
Old Oct 29, 2018, 1:30 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
I've been a guest in the FCL myself earlier this year, with another forum member having arrived in F, us later departing both on the same flight - me in Y, his in C.

So it seems that the no guest on arrival rule might apply, but only if you don't have a further out connection (which OP does)
This is also not quite correct. I had arrived from DXB in the morning in F and continued to ARN to then immediatly return to ZRH on SK. Once that was done, I went to have dinner in the F lounge 12 hours after I originally arrived and I asked if I could guest a friend, to which both supervisors told me that that would be no problem as long as the guest has a valid arrival or departing *A boarding pass. It doesn't even have to be the same flight as you arrived on.

So even as pure arriving F pax you should be able to use the F lounge as arrival lounge with a guest.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 1:16 pm

Programs: LXFF
Originally Posted by Nick Art
This is also not quite correct. I had arrived from DXB in the morning in F and continued to ARN to then immediatly return to ZRH on SK.
Cheap F fares out of ARN Nick?

But Nick is correct, as long as you have an arriving or departing ticket in F a guest should be fine. Much like Nick, I was arriving in F and supposed to meet a friend leaving in C to SIN. I was only leaving the next day. I would have been able to guest him. Turns out my friend's flight was delayed so it didn't happen but I confirmed with the staff that it was possible. So I just hund out at the F lounge for a a few hours "for nothing". The next morning the same lady greeted me. The look on her face was funny.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA 1k, HiltonGold, IHGGold, MarriottGold, Hyatt Explorist
Thanks for all the information- sounds like I can probably get both of us into FCL with an upgrade on either leg but ZRH-LAX leg safer (good point on the LAX entry tho both my sister and I have global entry so usually not much of a wait-- if there is we switch to Mobile Passport) Thanks again
Old Oct 30, 2018, 2:14 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ced_lx
Cheap F fares out of ARN Nick?
I have no idea what you are talking about...
Spoiler

Last edited by Nick Art; Oct 30, 2018 at 7:29 am
Old Oct 31, 2018, 11:10 pm

Just wanted to double check rules on FCL access with a feeder in J, since I know LX has stricter policies than most about this:

If I'm flying SFO-MUC-ZRH (or reverse) on a single LH F ticket, where SFO-MUC is in LH F and MUC-ZRH is in J, do I still have access to the FCL?

And does it matter which metal the MUC-ZRH leg is on? I've seen this offered on CL, OS, EN and LX.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 11:04 pm

Is it with the new first class lounge in Shengen area still allowed to access the E first class lounge when flying zrh - fra - US ?
Old Nov 3, 2018, 3:21 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by PeanutYYZ
Just wanted to double check rules on FCL access with a feeder in J, since I know LX has stricter policies than most about this:

If I'm flying SFO-MUC-ZRH (or reverse) on a single LH F ticket, where SFO-MUC is in LH F and MUC-ZRH is in J, do I still have access to the FCL?

And does it matter which metal the MUC-ZRH leg is on? I've seen this offered on CL, OS, EN and LX.
It is possible to use the F lounge on departure certainly, however, I‘m not sure about arrival, but I‘ tending to a yes. It doesn‘t matter at all which airline operates the MUC-ZRH leg, all flights are under LX or LH numbers anyway. (you need to fly directly though).

Originally Posted by Matt Newbie
Is it with the new first class lounge in Shengen area still allowed to access the E first class lounge when flying zrh - fra - US ?
Yes, thid shouldn‘t be a problem, but you‘ll have to walk back from E to A as no driving is offered back.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 3:27 am

Thanks for confirming!
Old Nov 7, 2018, 3:08 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Originally Posted by PeanutYYZ
Thanks for confirming!
To clarify this even more, here are the lounges you should have access to on a SFO-MUC-ZRH roundtrip, where SFO-MUC vv. is flown in LH F, and MUC-ZRH in LH or LX C (including possible Helvetic or Austrian wetleases):

Direction SFO-ZRH:

SFO: Whatever lounge is available, never been there.
MUC: LH F Lounge (based on arriving BP), LH SEN Lounge (also based on arriving BP), LH C Lounge (based on onward BP)
ZRH: LX Arrival Lounge (based on arriving BP), NO OFFICIAL ACCESS to LX F Lounge (even though there are lots of articles on the internet claiming otherwise, an arriving F BP at FRA or MUC does NOT give access to ZRH F lounges - have been turned away in this situation once, and customer service center confirmed that they were right). You might still try to gain access, but be prepared to be turned away)

Direction ZRH-SFO:

ZRH: LX F Lounge (based on onward BP to SFO, be sure to hand them the longhaul BP first, as they need to scan it before the ZRH-MUC BP), LX SEN Lounge (same, probably cannot use the automated gates), LX C Lounge (based on departing BP)
MUC: LH F Lounge, LH SEN Lounge, LH C Lounge (all based on departing BP)
SFO: Probably none..

If you really want to maximize or break a lounge hopping record, there is a total of 18 LH or LX lounges that you could visit during this trip (9 in ZRH, as far as the arrival lounge will still be open at the time of your arrival, and another 9 in MUC- please correct me if I counted wrong )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.