Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by LUGlodo
Hi all, I'll be connecting in ZRH going on a Seiss flight in F (LX ticket, upgraded through eVouchers).

During the connection I'd like to meet a friend and invite him over for lunch in F Lounge. Would he be able to enter with me on a same day Eco ticket on LX? Whst about buying a fully refundable ticket and cancelling just before deptarture?

Thanks!
Definitely don't buy and refund - it's technically against the rules and you don't want to risk your M&M account, however likely or unlikely that may be.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:27 pm

Programs: LX SEN
Thanks all, point taken! We'll meet outside the transit area and enjoy then the lounge for myself.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:16 pm

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
I know this question has been asked before but I didn’t find the relevant post: do I have access to the ZRH FCL (if so, which one, both?) with a same-day LH F arriving boarding pass?

Thanks
Old Jan 8, 2019, 6:47 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by JohnRain
I know this question has been asked before but I didn’t find the relevant post: do I have access to the ZRH FCL (if so, which one, both?) with a same-day LH F arriving boarding pass?

Thanks
Not unless you have it on the same ticket, and then it's not always sure. LX tends to be funny about the access.
JohnRain likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 2:33 pm

Zurich domestic arrival then on to London - which lounge?

Really sorry if this question has been asked before - it must have been, but I cant find the answer!

In a few weeks I am flying from Geneva to London via Zurich on Swiss Business with my 2 kids (was much cheaper than Easyjet!) I don't really know Zurich airport well but have been told that some of the lounges are much better than others (D looks depressing!)

Could someone advise me which would be the best lounge I can access when arriving on a domestic flight and going onwards to London (non Schengen). I will have my two (well behaved) kids with me so also want to keep it relatively simple! We have a 2h 15 min connection.

Thank you so much!
Old Feb 1, 2019, 2:54 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by DanLondon
Zurich domestic arrival then on to London - which lounge?

Really sorry if this question has been asked before - it must have been, but I cant find the answer!

In a few weeks I am flying from Geneva to London via Zurich on Swiss Business with my 2 kids (was much cheaper than Easyjet!) I don't really know Zurich airport well but have been told that some of the lounges are much better than others (D looks depressing!)

Could someone advise me which would be the best lounge I can access when arriving on a domestic flight and going onwards to London (non Schengen). I will have my two (well behaved) kids with me so also want to keep it relatively simple! We have a 2h 15 min connection.

Thank you so much!
Flights to London usually depart from D, i.e. the LX lounge in D is most convenient for you and probably less crowded than the lounge in A (where you most likely arrive). The lounges in E are nicer, but you need quite a bit of time to get there and back on your itinerary.

Maybe check out the newly renovated lounge in A and move on to D right away if it is too busy?
Old Feb 1, 2019, 4:17 pm

Ok thanks - I should probably try A fora bit and then move on! Do you know how long it takes (approx) to walk from the A lounge to the D gates? I guess Ill have to go through passport control and security. Is D a really bad lounge? The pictures online don't look inspiring.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 4:47 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Ok thanks - I should probably try A fora bit and then move on! Do you know how long it takes (approx) to walk from the A lounge to the D gates? I guess Ill have to go through passport control and security. Is D a really bad lounge? The pictures online don't look inspiring.
It shouldn’t take much more than 7-8 minutes depending on which D gate. You only need to go through passport control and no security.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 12:58 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
The D lounge has all the usual amenities (food, drink, seating ...) but is kind of dark and gets really hot in the summer. In contrast to the lounges in E, you wouldn't want to spend too much time there.

Since you really do not seem to like the idea to spend more time than necessary at the lounge in D, which is understandable: If the weather is good and your kids like planes: Go to E (takes about 15 Minutes including the Heidi train), enjoy the view and outdoor terrace for an hour and then go back to D. Takes about 20 minutes including one security check, but no passport control.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 3:36 pm

Thank you! Very helpful.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:43 am

Quick question, incoming LX F passengers may use the F lounges in ZRH. Can they bring guests?

I would like to invite my coworker, he will be flying C on the same flight.

ZRH is our final destination.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:55 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by Glarus
Quick question, incoming LX F passengers may use the F lounges in ZRH. Can they bring guests?

I would like to invite my coworker, he will be flying C on the same flight.

ZRH is our final destination.
Yes, the only requirement is for them to hold a *A boarding pass.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:28 am

Nice, thank you
Old Mar 7, 2019, 6:48 am

Programs: LX HON, BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Nick Art

Yes, the only requirement is for them to hold a *A boarding pass.
As per my experience in my pre HON time, this is not correct in ZRH - even if they are on the same flight. Departing yes, arriving no.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 7:03 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by The Wolf
As per my experience in my pre HON time, this is not correct in ZRH - even if they are on the same flight. Departing yes, arriving no.
I was in this exact situation last september and asked both Lounge managers present: I had arrived in f from DXB in the morning and had a quick turn around in ARN and wanted to have dinner with a friend also on the SK flight back from Arn To ZRH in the evening. They told me that this would be no problem at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.